Frustrated with no answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebabyboy12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
So I’ve posted a couple of times concerning my recent wetting issues. I’ve been to the dr. And checked out, been on flowmax, had an MRI. All came back clean which I’m happy about don’t get me wrong. But I’m still having pretty serious accidents. I’m not trying to pee my diapers. It literally just happens. Sitting there next thing I know im peeing. Or when I’m changing my diaper pee will start flowing. No warning at all. When I’m not diapered i see my self dribbling. Don’t always feel it. I just wish I knew what causes it. I’m starting to think it’s something I’ve done. Yes i enjoy wearing diapers and yes I have deliberately peed myself in the past. But never did I think that would lead to incontinence or what ever is going on. Starting to get scared and extremely nervous. Please any words of encouragement or hints regarding your personal experience would be greatly appreciated.

Did your doc do a PSA test? Or at least a DRE? You say you're 35 but prostate issues can arise at any age.

Yes they checked my prostate and said it was normal. Not sure what a DRE is.

Ehorn, you seem to have a very similar issue than I have. The Dr couldn’t find the reason after MRI, urodynamic, medication, etc... I was very wearing men pads for sons dribbling after voiding and sometimes very small accident and suddenly, one day to another, heaving dribbling and OAB started. Nobody can explain the reason. Now taking it easy with 24/7 and enjoying the fact that I don’t need to hello the toilet every 30 minutées like before! There are positive aspects as well and i am trying to give on those rather than the negative I can’t change. Wishing you the best for your adjustment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s very possible you have OAB or some type or neurological issue. As far as myself I’m going through a very similar issue. In December 2016 i began not making it and having accidents without knowing. It was very embarassing and considering i was already a DL I had no choice but to begin wearing 24/7. My doctors ran test after test to make sure nothing serious was wrong until they came back with OAB diagnosis. Apparently my caffeine consumption was making it worse so I stopped drinking so much soda and coffee. It helped but even with meds my symptoms are still here. I have less urges and more surprise I’m peeing accidents. I’m probably incontinent now not sure but I have another appointment next week ugh.

Understand your situation. I have similar symptoms, next to a constant dribbing. I think there is no choice at this sage (the situation remains) and we need to take it on the positive side (well padded means protection and comfort).

Ehorton said:
Yes they checked my prostate and said it was normal. Not sure what a DRE is.

Digital Rectal Exam. It's when the doc sticks his finger up your butt. Since your PSA is normal, then it's probably not necessary.

I went some 18 years before finally getting a "most likely" diagnosis that finally made sense and fit my problems too. Unfortunately by then the damage had set in so badly it took drastic measures to stabilize me. And I went through every possible test dozens of times all that while.

A LOT of people just don't ever get a proper diagnosis, including OAB which is a urological translation for "we know something is going on but have no idea what".

You need to be mentally preparred to never know why this is happening to you. The best you can do is just sit back and be thankful you already enjoy wetting a diaper.

Ps. I takes months, if not a year, of constantly and freely peeing in your diapers, 24/7, before you would develop incontinence from that unpotty training. Periodically choosing to pee in a diaper will never cause incontinence by itself.

Ehorton said:
So I’ve posted a couple of times concerning my recent wetting issues. I’ve been to the dr. And checked out, been on flowmax, had an MRI. All came back clean which I’m happy about don’t get me wrong. But I’m still having pretty serious accidents. I’m not trying to pee my diapers. It literally just happens. Sitting there next thing I know im peeing. Or when I’m changing my diaper pee will start flowing. No warning at all. When I’m not diapered i see my self dribbling. Don’t always feel it. I just wish I knew what causes it. I’m starting to think it’s something I’ve done. Yes i enjoy wearing diapers and yes I have deliberately peed myself in the past. But never did I think that would lead to incontinence or what ever is going on. Starting to get scared and extremely nervous. Please any words of encouragement or hints regarding your personal experience would be greatly appreciated.
You haven't mentioned being checked for diabetes. My incontinence is caused by diabetic related neuropathy and my symptoms are very similar to yours. I had no end of tests done before they checked me for diabetes and there it was. I had probably been diabetic for a long time resulting in the nerve damage causing my incontinence which can't be cured.

Your current problems are absolutely not caused by anything you've done, and your previous use of diapers is not anything you even need to bring up with your doctor if you don't want to. It is simply not relevant to your current medical situation.

It's easy to be conflicted when you already like diapers, but you find yourself needing them for incontinence problems. It's easy to ask yourself if you really need them, if you're doing everything you could or should to solve the medical issue, and if you're making the best choice for your health. Many of us here have gone through the same thing, and often are still going through it.

Remember that your enjoyment of diapers is not something to be ashamed of. It does not reduce your value as a person, and it does not take away from your legitimacy as a patient. Also remember that it is your right to sell treatment for problems your having, and it is your right to treat those problems the way you choose. If you choose diapers as the best solution to your incontinence issues, that is completely your choice, and if you don't particularly mind the diapers it just makes it a good choice for you. It does not undermine the legitimacy or reality of your medical problem.

ltaluv said:
Your current problems are absolutely not caused by anything you've done, and your previous use of diapers is not anything you even need to bring up with your doctor if you don't want to. It is simply not relevant to your current medical situation.

It's easy to be conflicted when you already like diapers, but you find yourself needing them for incontinence problems. It's easy to ask yourself if you really need them, if you're doing everything you could or should to solve the medical issue, and if you're making the best choice for your health. Many of us here have gone through the same thing, and often are still going through it.

Remember that your enjoyment of diapers is not something to be ashamed of. It does not reduce your value as a person, and it does not take away from your legitimacy as a patient. Also remember that it is your right to sell treatment for problems your having, and it is your right to treat those problems the way you choose. If you choose diapers as the best solution to your incontinence issues, that is completely your choice, and if you don't particularly mind the diapers it just makes it a good choice for you. It does not undermine the legitimacy or reality of your medical problem.

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. I’m seeking medical attention and have a appointment with a urologist coming up. It’s hard to accept that I’m starting to believe I’m in diapers for need rather than by choice. It’s a completely different feeling. Carrying a diaper bag, changing places I’m not comfortable. My wife knowing that I’m diapered for a medical need. Known of my family or friends know anything and I want it to stay that way.

Ehorton said:
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. I’m seeking medical attention and have a appointment with a urologist coming up. It’s hard to accept that I’m starting to believe I’m in diapers for need rather than by choice. It’s a completely different feeling. Carrying a diaper bag, changing places I’m not comfortable. My wife knowing that I’m diapered for a medical need. Known of my family or friends know anything and I want it to stay that way.
I totally agree. I'm 63 so I can hide a little bit by playing the old age card. That being said, I sometimes wonder if I should be trying harder and grit my teeth harder when the URGE hits. The times I'm caught out without protection have almost always been OK. Only a few times have I ended up wet (not good). I know that when the Urge hits I can struggle tremendously thru it, but that within a few minutes an even stronger one will hit me and I may start to leak. The third time it hits I'll loose the battle.

This brings up the issue of debate with being a DL. The question in my head is am I truly incontinent or am I faking it? All but the few times I lost control, I could probably have fought thru the urge spasms. The problem is, it takes a huge effort to overcome them. So I give in after a lesser battle. Diapers? The stress and worry all go away. I still try to make it to the bathroom. But if a get into a fight with my bladder, Ill give in much sooner than if I'm not padded up.

I take Flomax and it helps. But it hasn't eliminated my issues. By eliminating the problem of straining to go, my leakage is considerably greater. My doctor is aware naturally and I get a digital rectal exam every 6 months for BPH. I realize that I can probably eliminate these problems with a trip to the Urologist and naturally some surgery. I'm just not ready to go thru that knowing there's a small chance that I could end up worse than where I'm at now. (Oh yeah, and a few thousand dollars). I am living well with the inconveniences diapers present. The doctor doesn't feel my issues are life threatening or causing pain, On my last evaluation, my doctor told me if I wanted to pursue my problems further to let them know. Right now? No. I'm dealing with it. Yet the cloud of doubt by being a devout DL makes me continuously question my situation. UGH! So for now? Diapers please.

Metoo said:
I totally agree. I'm 63 so I can hide a little bit by playing the old age card. That being said, I sometimes wonder if I should be trying harder and grit my teeth harder when the URGE hits. The times I'm caught out without protection have almost always been OK. Only a few times have I ended up wet (not good). I know that when the Urge hits I can struggle tremendously thru it, but that within a few minutes an even stronger one will hit me and I may start to leak. The third time it hits I'll loose the battle.

This brings up the issue of debate with being a DL. The question in my head is am I truly incontinent or am I faking it? All but the few times I lost control, I could probably have fought thru the urge spasms. The problem is, it takes a huge effort to overcome them. So I give in after a lesser battle. Diapers? The stress and worry all go away. I still try to make it to the bathroom. But if a get into a fight with my bladder, Ill give in much sooner than if I'm not padded up.

I take Flomax and it helps. But it hasn't eliminated my issues. By eliminating the problem of straining to go, my leakage is considerably greater. My doctor is aware naturally and I get a digital rectal exam every 6 months for BPH. I realize that I can probably eliminate these problems with a trip to the Urologist and naturally some surgery. I'm just not ready to go thru that knowing there's a small chance that I could end up worse than where I'm at now. (Oh yeah, and a few thousand dollars). I am living well with the inconveniences diapers present. The doctor doesn't feel my issues are life threatening or causing pain, On my last evaluation, my doctor told me if I wanted to pursue my problems further to let them know. Right now? No. I'm dealing with it. Yet the cloud of doubt by being a devout DL makes me continuously question my situation. UGH! So for now? Diapers please.

NEVER fight an urge to hold it. I used to do that for years. Just grinned and bore it. Then one day it just became automatic. Whenever an urge hit me, my sphincter would automatically clamp down really tight. That was the start of my detrussor sphincter dyssynergia. A much, much, much worse situation than wetting myself uncontrollably. I could not pee to save my life, even when I wanted to.

Seriously, just wear the diaper and wet when an urge hits. You'll be better off for it. Trust me.

Seconding Slomo. You really have a medical issue and therefore legitimate reasons to wear. Just take it easy and enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back