Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with no answers

Default Frustrated with no answers

So Iíve posted a couple of times concerning my recent wetting issues. Iíve been to the dr. And checked out, been on flowmax, had an MRI. All came back clean which Iím happy about donít get me wrong. But Iím still having pretty serious accidents. Iím not trying to pee my diapers. It literally just happens. Sitting there next thing I know im peeing. Or when Iím changing my diaper pee will start flowing. No warning at all. When Iím not diapered i see my self dribbling. Donít always feel it. I just wish I knew what causes it. Iím starting to think itís something Iíve done. Yes i enjoy wearing diapers and yes I have deliberately peed myself in the past. But never did I think that would lead to incontinence or what ever is going on. Starting to get scared and extremely nervous. Please any words of encouragement or hints regarding your personal experience would be greatly appreciated.

Did your doc do a PSA test? Or at least a DRE? You say you're 35 but prostate issues can arise at any age.

Yes they checked my prostate and said it was normal. Not sure what a DRE is.

Ehorn, you seem to have a very similar issue than I have. The Dr couldnít find the reason after MRI, urodynamic, medication, etc... I was very wearing men pads for sons dribbling after voiding and sometimes very small accident and suddenly, one day to another, heaving dribbling and OAB started. Nobody can explain the reason. Now taking it easy with 24/7 and enjoying the fact that I donít need to hello the toilet every 30 minutťes like before! There are positive aspects as well and i am trying to give on those rather than the negative I canít change. Wishing you the best for your adjustment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itís very possible you have OAB or some type or neurological issue. As far as myself Iím going through a very similar issue. In December 2016 i began not making it and having accidents without knowing. It was very embarassing and considering i was already a DL I had no choice but to begin wearing 24/7. My doctors ran test after test to make sure nothing serious was wrong until they came back with OAB diagnosis. Apparently my caffeine consumption was making it worse so I stopped drinking so much soda and coffee. It helped but even with meds my symptoms are still here. I have less urges and more surprise Iím peeing accidents. Iím probably incontinent now not sure but I have another appointment next week ugh.

Understand your situation. I have similar symptoms, next to a constant dribbing. I think there is no choice at this sage (the situation remains) and we need to take it on the positive side (well padded means protection and comfort).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ehorton View Post
    Yes they checked my prostate and said it was normal. Not sure what a DRE is.
    Digital Rectal Exam. It's when the doc sticks his finger up your butt. Since your PSA is normal, then it's probably not necessary.

I went some 18 years before finally getting a "most likely" diagnosis that finally made sense and fit my problems too. Unfortunately by then the damage had set in so badly it took drastic measures to stabilize me. And I went through every possible test dozens of times all that while.

A LOT of people just don't ever get a proper diagnosis, including OAB which is a urological translation for "we know something is going on but have no idea what".

You need to be mentally preparred to never know why this is happening to you. The best you can do is just sit back and be thankful you already enjoy wetting a diaper.

Ps. I takes months, if not a year, of constantly and freely peeing in your diapers, 24/7, before you would develop incontinence from that unpotty training. Periodically choosing to pee in a diaper will never cause incontinence by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehorton View Post
    So I’ve posted a couple of times concerning my recent wetting issues. I’ve been to the dr. And checked out, been on flowmax, had an MRI. All came back clean which I’m happy about don’t get me wrong. But I’m still having pretty serious accidents. I’m not trying to pee my diapers. It literally just happens. Sitting there next thing I know im peeing. Or when I’m changing my diaper pee will start flowing. No warning at all. When I’m not diapered i see my self dribbling. Don’t always feel it. I just wish I knew what causes it. I’m starting to think it’s something I’ve done. Yes i enjoy wearing diapers and yes I have deliberately peed myself in the past. But never did I think that would lead to incontinence or what ever is going on. Starting to get scared and extremely nervous. Please any words of encouragement or hints regarding your personal experience would be greatly appreciated.
    You haven't mentioned being checked for diabetes. My incontinence is caused by diabetic related neuropathy and my symptoms are very similar to yours. I had no end of tests done before they checked me for diabetes and there it was. I had probably been diabetic for a long time resulting in the nerve damage causing my incontinence which can't be cured.

Your current problems are absolutely not caused by anything you've done, and your previous use of diapers is not anything you even need to bring up with your doctor if you don't want to. It is simply not relevant to your current medical situation.

It's easy to be conflicted when you already like diapers, but you find yourself needing them for incontinence problems. It's easy to ask yourself if you really need them, if you're doing everything you could or should to solve the medical issue, and if you're making the best choice for your health. Many of us here have gone through the same thing, and often are still going through it.

Remember that your enjoyment of diapers is not something to be ashamed of. It does not reduce your value as a person, and it does not take away from your legitimacy as a patient. Also remember that it is your right to sell treatment for problems your having, and it is your right to treat those problems the way you choose. If you choose diapers as the best solution to your incontinence issues, that is completely your choice, and if you don't particularly mind the diapers it just makes it a good choice for you. It does not undermine the legitimacy or reality of your medical problem.