Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hygene and padding

Default hygene and padding

Even though I'll do pull ups mostly should I shave down their or trim still? I don't diaper up often, so I'm not sure what to do so I don't get rashes or something.

Also what are some good ways to get baby powder smell to go away if you have guest over?

Hygiene is very important.
    How you maintain it depends a lot on if you don't change your wet padded diapers frequently.
    It does help to have the pubic hair reduced as much as possible.
    You are inviting problems by not cleaning up and changing promptly.
    Regarding that baby powder smell it is hard to mask immediately after use.
    Ventilation air movement will help dissipate it but may also lend to isolated areas not in the air movement.
    Careful that you don't spill the powder and if you do - clean up right away afterward.

One very strong way to mask the baby powder is to over power it with say pine oil; lemon or other scent.
    Of course all this does not help if you don't put the baby oil powders lotions and other accessories in a
    secure or out of the way location. Nosy guests relatives not wanted lurking around in private areas but
    if found they should keep it to themselves.
    Not apt to happen if you keep your quarters meticulous clean - hint if you are about to run out of toilet
    paper have a replacement roll available so there is no searching for it.

It is best to at least keep your hair trimmed short. (I use an lectric trimmer with the shortest attachement- which will nit catch or cut my skin down there) Some prefer shaving it off completely though. This can take getting used to at first, and you can't be a high risk person for developing razor bumps (ingrown hairs).

Either way, too long and your hair will trap moisture, leading to more rashes, so yeah go with short or none.

One other option for the powder smell is to own it. Get some scented "baby scent" or "powder fresh" candles. When company abruptly comes over just light one and pretend it's been lit for hours.

I have been epilating all my personal hair off for over 3 years. I really enjoy that a lot better than shaving or trimming and I do it once a week and forgot what it was like to have hair.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by babylock1 View Post
    Hygiene is very important.
    How you maintain it depends a lot on if you don't change your wet padded diapers frequently.
    It does help to have the pubic hair reduced as much as possible.
    You are inviting problems by not cleaning up and changing promptly.
    Regarding that baby powder smell it is hard to mask immediately after use.
    Ventilation air movement will help dissipate it but may also lend to isolated areas not in the air movement.
    Careful that you don't spill the powder and if you do - clean up right away afterward.
    I will go short I think.

One very strong way to mask the baby powder is to over power it with say pine oil; lemon or other scent.
    Of course all this does not help if you don't put the baby oil powders lotions and other accessories in a
    secure or out of the way location. Nosy guests relatives not wanted lurking around in private areas but
    if found they should keep it to themselves.
    Not apt to happen if you keep your quarters meticulous clean - hint if you are about to run out of toilet
    paper have a replacement roll available so there is no searching for it.
    Random toilet paper advice

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    It is best to at least keep your hair trimmed short. (I use an lectric trimmer with the shortest attachement- which will nit catch or cut my skin down there) Some prefer shaving it off completely though. This can take getting used to at first, and you can't be a high risk person for developing razor bumps (ingrown hairs).

Either way, too long and your hair will trap moisture, leading to more rashes, so yeah go with short or none.

One other option for the powder smell is to own it. Get some scented "baby scent" or "powder fresh" candles. When company abruptly comes over just light one and pretend it's been lit for hours.
    thankyou

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinating View Post
    I have been epilating all my personal hair off for over 3 years. I really enjoy that a lot better than shaving or trimming and I do it once a week and forgot what it was like to have hair.

epilating? what is that?

I have an electric handheld called the emjoi Soft Caress. It has 32 tweezers instead of blades. Hair is yanked out by the roots. It did take a few weeks to get it all the first time getting used to it. Now though it only takes me about ten minutes to do underarms and groin. I only do my legs occasionally. If my machine breaks down I will definitely make room in my budget for another one ASAP.

I have been wearing incontinence nappies off and on for 20 years and never had a rash. I have exprimented with saving in the past but found the razor burn and itchiness intolerable. I have never used baby powder.

I also use the Emoji. I started about a month ago. Like it was mentioned in another post, an epilator pulls the hair follicle out completely. So the hair is gone for a long time. The first time I ended up with a bunch of ingrown hairs (nasty). Since then it's seemed to not be a problem. If you have never used an epilator, it's an experience. The first time was pretty tough on me. It felt kind of like running a roto tiller over my skin. Pretty brutal. Each time since it's gotten easier and easier on me. The good news is when the hair is gone, it's gone for long time. Shaving has the hair back within a week. I also notice that my skin is much smoother than shaving. Epilators take it off for weeks. That and the hair grows back finer and finer. All in all I give epilation a thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbilly View Post
    I have been wearing incontinence nappies off and on for 20 years and never had a rash. I have exprimented with saving in the past but found the razor burn and itchiness intolerable. I have never used baby powder.
    Yeah I use to shave everything. I don't now. Use to get bad cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Metoo View Post
    I also use the Emoji. I started about a month ago. Like it was mentioned in another post, an epilator pulls the hair follicle out completely. So the hair is gone for a long time. The first time I ended up with a bunch of ingrown hairs (nasty). Since then it's seemed to not be a problem. If you have never used an epilator, it's an experience. The first time was pretty tough on me. It felt kind of like running a roto tiller over my skin. Pretty brutal. Each time since it's gotten easier and easier on me. The good news is when the hair is gone, it's gone for long time. Shaving has the hair back within a week. I also notice that my skin is much smoother than shaving. Epilators take it off for weeks. That and the hair grows back finer and finer. All in all I give epilation a thumbs up.
    I have babysmooth skin anyway lol. i'll try it potabily.

also anyone know how much to shave down there? like how far down the legs or just the crotch area?