parents attitude about wetting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggreggy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
for those who were bed wetters when you were a kid, what was your parents attitude about it?

my mom and i lived with my aunt and cousin (he also wet). pretty much mom and aunt mary didnt seem to care. they felt boys are little piggies if they want to play in their pee so be it. i guess that is better than being beat for it.

what were your parents like?

My parents were accepting. I didn't remember ever hearing a bad comment or word from either of my parents about my bedwetting. All activities in the house went along pretty much as normal, including vacations.

The only negative word I heard (and only once) was from my grandmother to me. I was sleeping over at her house while my parents were out-of-town. My grandmother made a comment like 'you're too big to be wetting the bed'.

I had daytime accidents and was forced into diapers for punishment. Sent out to play in just a diaper and plastic baby pants.
At times spanked for it also,

Nothing was really ever said. I was responsible for cleaning up after myself. I probably started stripping the bed and doing my laundry by about the first grade. It was just the pattern of life until I grew out of it. I wished that I had known about diapers during those years though, waking up early as hell cold and wet most days of the week isn't fun. I didn't really learn about diapers for bigger kids/adults until I was 15 or so.

My parents didn't mind it, they said it's okay it happens to everyone (even though I had my suspicions it didn't actually). I'm lucky to have really supportive parents.

From what I remember my mom wast to happy with me. She threatened to hang my wet bed sheets in the front yard so everyone could see. But she bought me some pull ups so that fixed the issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

2 of my older sisters we bed wetters so by the time i came along i think my mum was just used to it and didn't make a big thing about it.

At first my mom thought I would wet just because I was to lazy to get up. Then I guess she realize It all happens when I'm asleep because she stop scolding when she did the laundry.

When my little brother was born, I was wetting a lot. Mom got a gift certificate for diaper service. It happened that she asked them if they had toddler/teen sized diapers, and they had them too. So she got diapers for both of us and she put me in them before bed every night. I didn't like it at first, but eventually got used to a dry bed/pj's.

Growing up I somewhat enjoyed my bed-wetting to the point of sometimes doing it on purpose. Likely sensing such, mom was not sympathetic. Looking back, I’m convinced the harder she pressed for a dry bed the more likely it was not.

Last edited:
WBxx said:
Growing up I somewhat enjoyed my bed-wetting to the point of sometimes doing it on purpose. Sensing such, mom was not sympathetic. Looking back, I’m convinced the harder she pressed for a dry bed the more likely it was not.
nothing was ever said but I'm pretty sure my Mother knew I often deliberately wet my bed during my teens. By this time my folks had given up trying to get me dry at night and just left me to wet my bed and deal with my own wet sheets.

ST50 said:
nothing was ever said but I'm pretty sure my Mother knew I often deliberately wet my bed during my teens. By this time my folks had given up trying to get me dry at night and just left me to wet my bed and deal with my own wet sheets.
Bedwetting no big deal. Don't know why parents make such a fuss about it. My mom just put plastic sheets on my bed. And i had to wear diapers and I understood that. And the plastic pants helped too. The only time I had a problem was when I was in daytime diapers for wetting.

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

growing up always thought my mother wanted to put me back in diapers. likeways I always wanted her to.., however I wanted it to be her idea. finally decided to jump start things by wetting my bed. when she came into wake me & realized that my bed was wet, she didn't say anything but sent my father in to give me a good talking to. I never compleatly trusted her again. if I had a problem I never talked to her about it.

Oddly enough, despite wetting the bed constantly now, when I am wearing of course, as a kid I never wet the bed. As a result, I have no frame of reference as to how my mother would react. Considering that my mother was insistent on instilling a sense of responsibility in me from a young age (she let me stay home alone when I was 6) and how poorly she responded when she discovered my stash of baby items, I am sure if I had wet the bed, it wouldn't have gone over too well.

That being said, I had a friend whose house I slept over at numerous times between the ages of 6-9 and on occasion he would wet the bed. His mother always responded as if it weren't a big deal, she was cool, but his dad, who I was even afraid of, would often tease and torment him to near tears.

In hindsight, based on some of the fallout I observed over wetting the bed, I am glad that I never wet the bed back then.

My parents were kind of cool about it, but my dad gave me such a hard time though.

he wanted it to be all my responsibility to take of on my own and even threatened me multiple times with being put back into diapers and even when I finally wore goodnites my dad would give me a hard time about that.

Never a good day .... and lol sadly no ‘goodnights’ Couldn’t resist that. The irony is that I was always threatened with be put back into nappies. Why the hell didn’t they...life would have been so much better. I think they just assumed that waking constantly in a wet bed would ultimately become too much and I’d get over it... holy crap that was a bad idea.
Fortunately it became less frequent after 12/13 and pretty much disappeared by 15. It still amazes me how I dealt with that routine. I guess to avoid being berated, I got used to early starts and efficient clean ups. I was never given any positive assistance only negative taunts. To be fair they were ok in most other areas, just couldn’t deal with that one.

My parents would get really mad and even hit me if I wet the bed... I'd always have to hide it if I did. And then clean it myself...

My parents were supportive of my off / on bedwetting in terms of understanding. I grew up with plastic underpants in my drawer until I was 6 years old. Later at age 8 I wet the bed at my best friends on a sleepover (first time allowed probably due to my earlier accidents at night). His mom on a later sleepover put me in a diaper and plastic underpants and though I was initially humiliated she explained it was not punishment but that I would sleep better (and dryer!) wearing protection. Waking up with a wet diaper was better than wet pajamas so she was right.

I remember asking my mom if we could take off my plastic mattress cover around age 9 and she responded saying we should wait a bit longer and see. It was at age 11 it finally came off the bed. If I had accidents or wore protection of some sort (training underwear was something I recall) my parents never gave me a hard time about it; they just accepted it as my growing up.

Even when I purchased my own plastic underpants at age 12 or 13 (did not understand wet dreams at the time), my mom never said anything (though I kept them discreetly at the bottom of my regular underwear in the drawer.

I was OK until college and began to have night-time accidents again and realized that diapers and plastic underpants were needed for me to sleep well at night (plus my dorm mate liked it better if I wore protection so I would not have wet sheets that others on the floor may discover). I put a plastic mattress cove back on my bed when I came home for the holidays / summers from college and my parents never said anything. Even when my dad saw my plastic underpants on my bed one day he made a bit of a face but never said anything. I always figured they understood my need and if I needed to talk about it I would bring it up. It was actually quite cool of them.

LilSoaker said:
My parents would get really mad and even hit me if I wet the bed... I'd always have to hide it if I did. And then clean it myself...
im sorry you got spanked for wetting. spanking got saved for really bad things. no spankings for eetting because after a while bedwetting was the expected normal. so much so we were not believed if we claim to have a DRY bed. i think i remember my mom once saying "wre you sure? go checkagain". and when i came back and said it was dry she said "well better luck next time." i dont know if that was scarcasm, or what. but it confused me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back