parents attitude about wetting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom took me to see a doctor who could find nothing wrong, and after that I was just responsible for my sheets. There were no diapers or anything. I added those when I went to college.

My parents found out I wet because my kidneys were failing rather quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I lived at my grandparents when I was younger and wet until I was 5 or 6. My grandmother was okay about it and I wore training pants and plastic pants at night. My sister made fun of me for it. It has caused me to always use the restroom more than once when getting ready for bed out of a fear of wetting the bed. Now I wear either a cloth AIO or an disposable to bed. Still don't wet but now there is less fear.

My parents were extremely judgemental, though it was far worse with day-time accidents. They are fundamentalist Christians and believe that any health issues are the fault of the individual and can be fixed by just trying harder. It was immensely traumatic for me, and I credit much of that trauma as the cause of my diaper interests. Light incontinence can be managed, but I chose diapers for the security that they brought alongside.

Felix said:
My parents were extremely judgemental, though it was far worse with day-time accidents. They are fundamentalist Christians and believe that any health issues are the fault of the individual and can be fixed by just trying harder. It was immensely traumatic for me, and I credit much of that trauma as the cause of my diaper interests. Light incontinence can be managed, but I chose diapers for the security that they brought alongside.

''Oh little Timmy, just try harder and I'm sure you can beat that brain cancer that's killing you!''

My folks would scold me every time it happened for a while. After a while, the scolding stopped when my mom realized I literally couldn't feel when it was urgent. I was put on a schedule but it wasn't foolproof and wettings still happened from time to time. They really angered my father, while my mom would tell him to get off my case.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
''Oh little Timmy, just try harder and I'm sure you can beat that brain cancer that's killing you!''

The sad thing is there really ARE some parents who have this mentality. Cancer, gay, abdl, doesn't matter.

Even sadder is when certain fundamentalists let their children die from treatable conditions because prayer trumps medicine in their minds.

PaddedDeist said:
Even sadder is when certain fundamentalists let their children die from treatable conditions because prayer trumps medicine in their minds.

i have a relative dying from breast cancer for the same reason! "if God wants me to live he will cure it." well, the doctors says that God has about 6-12months to get off the dime and cure it!

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:

Lol, exactly!

It was not a big deal, just put on a Goodnite each night before bed and toss it in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back