How big are the ABU cases? And how are they delivered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMissPink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Hey all my family are heading away for a week soon so I'll be all by myself and I thought what a great time to stock up on diapers.
So really my only concern is if I order a carton of 80 diapers from ABU how exactly would they be delivered? And how big are they?
ABU Australia are currently out of stock of most things my size but when they do get some back in stock would be good to know. I really just want the simple ones best value for price and they are just plain white which I like.

Most all diaper cases are about 2-1/2 to 3ft square. And can weigh about 50lbs. In the US they are delieved by UPS or Fedex.

ABU has the biggest diaper cases I've seen in any retailer. They're single layer, with two rows of four bags each (8 bags total) and iirc are about 3ft x 3ft x 14" in dimension. They're kinda awkward to handle because of the two 3ft dimensions. And quite heavy. This is for their main ABU line (paws, SDK, space, etc), they may ship in other boxes for some of their other brands they resell.

ABU Preschool plastic. 8 bags of 10 diapers. Plain cardboard box is 28"x20"x12"

Label return address indicates shipper is: STROM HOLDINGS, with address, Everett, WA

Thanks for everyone's advice it's definitely helpful.

@LittleICme that seems a bit smaller compared to what others have said. Are they exact measurements? I live in Australia so I am not sure how much the same they are but would expect fairly similar.

SweetPrincess said:
Thanks for everyone's advice it's definitely helpful.

@LittleICme that seems a bit smaller compared to what others have said. Are they exact measurements? I live in Australia so I am not sure how much the same they are but would expect fairly similar.

Yes, those were exact measurements from the case of ABU preschool plastic that I have in my garage.

Adding to the list of questions if that’s okay, but I just ordered a case of simples to a UPS store for me to pick up. Would the box size be any concern in this situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christophuur said:
Adding to the list of questions if that’s okay, but I just ordered a case of simples to a UPS store for me to pick up. Would the box size be any concern in this situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never heard of a UPS store having an issue about the size of a parcel unless it wont fit through their front door. You should be fine. :)

Christophuur said:

I was in a UPS store the other day and saw a really weird shaped article with a UPS label on it. I made a comment to the UPS guy about shipping odd shaped items. His response was that if they can put a label on it, they can ship it.

Bottom line -- the box size shouldn't be of any concern.

BabyDenise said:
I was in a UPS store the other day and saw a really weird shaped article with a UPS label on it. I made a comment to the UPS guy about shipping odd shaped items. His response was that if they can put a label on it, they can ship it.

Bottom line -- the box size shouldn't be of any concern.

UPS does have restrictions on overall dimensions. "108 inches combined L+W+H" comes to mind. Things larger than that can't be shipped "standard domestic" or whatever it is they call their regular service, and must be shipped "freight", I assume the cost is higher and shipping may be slower. But that's like the size of a refrigerator.

They've got other little-known services also like "white glove", which is usually used to ship valuable items. It's quite expensive, but your package is always under someone's direct supervision (it's never left alone in a pile of other boxes short of when its sealed inside the truck or the plane) and travels with a clipboard with each person that supervises it next adding their name to the list so there's complete accountability. It's for times when you have something that isn't quite valuable enough to pay a porter to personally transport.

Thanks everyone I appreciate all he info. It makes it not as big of a surprise on how big they are and more comfortable ordering :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back