Do little tend to be overly sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstTimeMommy

Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I don't mean that in any disrespectful way, but I am a new mommy, and I mostly communicate with my little online, and I "think" he is mad at me. Everyone is an individual, but do littles "tend" to be on the extra sensitive side?

I know my little can be when I am babying him and when I am little I'm very moody and sensitive. Though this is the case everyone is different and maybe you should talk to your little about it and establish better communication. Good luck.

I think it's fair to say the littles at the least have mood swings. Sad or grumpy one minute, happy the next.

I know I am , it’s a defence mechanism waiting for the other shoe to drop waiting to get hurt or taking things too much to heart because of insecurity

As a little, I can confirm that I tend to be sensitive. Especially if I'm in little space the littlest thing can upset me.

When I'm little I'm open and very vulnerable.

I think many littles are genuinely afraid of being hurt. We also tend to form deep attachments to caregivers very quickly, and if your little has been through the attachment cycle before, he or she may be 'once bitten and twice shy.'

ORBaby said it best: When we regress, we tend to be very vulnerable to being hurt, slighted or offended. For many littles, I think there's a 'thin skin' cycle that accompanies regression; we feel exposed because of our innately human desire to be loved, wanted and appreciated. Consequently, we tend to 'invert' miscommunication and interpret it as a direct threat or insult.

I know that's probably not much help, but that's my view. Relatively few women have patience for littles because we're so complicated!

Maybe I hurt his feelings, or made him feel bad in a way I am unaware of. He has gone dark, and blocked me from an app that he also uses for his big side. I worried I did something wrong by looking at what he was posting, which was normal big stuff. I asked if he blocked me and he said yes, from that one because he "didn't feel comfortable anymore". We hadn't had any issue before, it was all of a sudden. Now he also isn't on the "little side of him" apps.

He is significantly younger than me, in the real world, so this management of multiple apps is a lot of work to me.

Is he possibly going something that doesn't even involve me? Like guilt or depression?

If I offended him, I hope to repair it, but I "feel" he is mad enough to just not come back.

This is all new and weird to me. Any ideas?

Sounds like he may be scared or embarrassed about something. It may be about being little and went into a purge cycle. Since he has gone dark there is not much you can do directly. Just be patient, and he may get over what is bothering him and be ready to come back to you.

So.. I dunno about others, but even lightly in little mode and I am *way* more delicate and sensitive than an adult should be.

Deeply in little headspace and I can be made to bawl about minor things, and serious grown up self worth issues can be full blown crisis.

The flip side is my highs are higher too.

Now... the other thing to consider is you say he's much younger. I may be an old fogey little, but younger folks also tend to be ... flightier... and.. there could be other emotional/psych issues. Many folks seem to gravitate towards AB stuff as a kind of self therapy...

General advice for having someone come back - send a message of acceptance and hope for a positive outcome and be patient.

It's a case by case basis but I am very sensitive. Not sure if that has anything to do with being a little, I'm just an incredibly anxious and shy person. To the point I will cry if someone enters and is too intrusive to my personal space. Even then I try to be understanding and talk things out with people if upset or slighted.

But sensitive or not, what you're describing isn't very nice or reasonable of him whether it be in little space or not. You seem very kind and caring. When the dust settles, and he's had some time to calm down, perhaps you two can discuss what's troubling him?

I am kinda... I mean, I seem to take things too seriously sometimes, esspecially when daddy teases me. >~> But I can go from happy to sad in the snap of a finger so... yeah I guess they can be.

Outside of being an AB, I am fairly level headed and in control, I am not hyper sensitive at all and almost nothing fazes me.

When I am in baby mode however, I am quite sensitive and more than a little needy... nothing over the top mind you, but still. I actually think this is kind of natural to be honest and I see it as an integral part of regression, we are shirking off the adult world for a bit and in doing so, we retreat into our little mindsets, as such, we tend to feel much more vulnerable and in need of care than the average person.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if sensitivity varies based upon the individual and how well they accept this side of themselves. I can easily see a tentative AB being way more sensitive and critical than someone who is more comfortable with this side of himself/herself, especially when it comes to confiding about or participating in ABDL with someone else. I also wouldn't be surprised if there are some AB's who aren't sensitive in the slightest.

I consider myself completely opposite of whatever being sensitive would be, at least in big space. In little space, however, i can be more..needy?wanting? but not necessarily more sensitive or mood swing-y. Maybe im just an odd ball or maybe i dont have enough experience being little in front of anyone else to recognize weather or not im more or less sensitive.

I'm not sure if we are. I mean, I'm sensitive but that's because I've went through things and have developed sensitivity over time (don't worry, it can be a good thing). But I think we can be more sensitive about this "Little/baby" thing more often because we know not everyone would accept this side of us. We know how society reacts to this stuff and we don't want to get hurt or told to "grow up." I think it's like having a kink or fetish, you know it's something not everyone would accept and you know society finds it gross or perverted. So you keep everything hushed until you find someone who can handle this side of you. I think your baby just might be uncomfortable about something. Or maybe anxiety has possibly struck him in a way. If he has blocked you then there isn't much you can do. You can only wait until he has shaped himself up and is ready to talk to you again. But I do hope both of you get back on the same track with each other and be happy together. <3

I have a friend who is a Mommy and has had allot of problems in relationships with finding a boy because allot of times they want to be little too often and are a bit too sensitive. We've had long conversations about it. I think it goes with the territory sometimes. Finding the balance and communication is key.

She now has a great partner and is doing great.

I appreciate the feedback. Thanks everyone!

I would put my vote on yes mhmm I think its part of bein so vulnerable...

I don't know about anyone else, but I only feel "little" when my depression/anxiety is giving me a beating.

The main part of "feeling little" for me is in "carving out a bit of 'me' time" where I can relax and not have to worry about any adult worries.

Just a random thought, but the whole idea of "being little again" is associated with the idea of being vulnerable and cared for. I wonder if adults who have issues with emotional/psychological vulnerability might find it psychologically beneficial to "play" with the idea of being vulnerable by "being little"... It's effectively a controlled way to recreate a safe feeling of vulnerability, without actually making yourself vulnerable in the way that an infant is.

Or maybe it's a way to experience psychological congruence with internal feelings of vulnerability by acting them out and recreating the vulnerability we felt (or feared) as children...?

TL;DR: I reckon vulnerability and littleness are somehow intertwined.

FirstTimeMommy said:
Is he possibly going something that doesn't even involve me? Like guilt or depression?

If I offended him, I hope to repair it, but I "feel" he is mad enough to just not come back.

This is all new and weird to me. Any ideas?

From what you're saying (and the way you're saying it), it doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong. There's not much you can do about that if he won't even tell you what's going on in his head.

Some people experience "binge and purge cycles", and switch between embracing the feelings of being little, and trying to ignore, repress or deny them. Is it possible your little is undergoing a "purge" phase? Or is he so full-on in his "binge" phase that he (unreasonably) demanded the same kind of instant, undivided attention that an infant would demand? Has he thrown his toys out of the pram because it took you a whole seven minutes to respond to a message, when he wanted you NOW?! Waaaaaa! :dunno:

Obviously I don't know the "ins and the outs" of your relationship, so you're in a better position than I am to figure out what's going on. Just remember that... sometimes it's not your fault. Shit happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back