Not open for further replies.

thickdiapers

Loving diapers since 1974!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hello Padded Friends,

Does anyone know if there are still any plastic backed diapers in Japan and S. Korea that can be bought in stores? I am planning a trip and would like to bring some back. All the ones I see online look like they've switched to cloth.

I don't know of any but if you go into mainland China there 2 fatorys that I'm in talk with that you could visit.. And the nice lady I was speaking with told me that she would give me "the hook up" when it come to diapers if I was visiting China. I'm willing to bet that she would do the same for any one that took the tour of the factory. And bought some diapers from her... she may go as low as .30cents usd per diaper as well... since you are already there there's no shipping.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thickdiapers said:
Hello Padded Friends,

Does anyone know if there are still any plastic backed diapers in Japan and S. Korea that can be bought in stores? I am planning a trip and would like to bring some back. All the ones I see online look like they've switched to cloth.

I was in Japan a couple of years ago. In all of Osaka I was not able to find any store which carried plastic adult diapers. And boy did I look and ask around too.

However, most airlines allow for one free checked bag of medical supplies. I would highly recommend you just pack an extra bag of nothing but diapers (if the bag has anything non-medical in it, then it won't count though).

All you have to do is claim the bag as medical when you check in at the counter. They will likely need to verify what's in it, but there's no reason to be ashamed or afraid of that, and a free bag is well worth it.

Slomo said:
However, most airlines allow for one free checked bag of medical supplies. I would highly recommend you just pack an extra bag of nothing but diapers (if the bag has anything non-medical in it, then it won't count though).

All you have to do is claim the bag as medical when you check in at the counter. They will likely need to verify what's in it, but there's no reason to be ashamed or afraid of that, and a free bag is well worth it.

That's good to know, I was not aware of that. No more needing to buy and ship a case ahead to the hotel when taking a trip...

Depending on the airline, you can also go online and print out a small card for identifying medical disabilities.

I did that for Delta Air, and wrote in "incontinence, needs diapers". That way I could give the ticket agent the card instead of having to declare it out loud. I've done that twice now, and both times they said ok, did a quick bag search to verify the contents were indeed diapers, and checked them for free without any problems.

Pro tip though. Always cary a days worth of extra diapers in your carry on. You may need to change on the plane, and baggage can be delayed/lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back