Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock Band

Default Rock Band

Yes, this thread is dedicated to those who play Guitar Hero's superior younger brother.

I've beaten Guitar on Expert.
    I occasionally Sing, when I do it's usually on expert.
    I drum on Expert.

If anyone has Ps3 and wants to play sometime, my PSN is DVS10

Quote Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
    Yes, this thread is dedicated to those who play Guitar Hero's superior younger brother.

I've beaten Guitar on Expert.
    I occasionally Sing, when I do it's usually on expert.
    I drum on Expert.

If anyone has Ps3 and wants to play sometime, my PSN is DVS10

I just remembered how much I really need to buy that

Ps-haw, Rock Band is not FAR SUPERIOR to Guitar Hero. It's better for parties though.

That said, I did enjoy the game the month or so I owned it - I never had the chance to sing as much as I wanted to because I don't know if I'm good or not, so forget singing in front of my friends and family! I was ok at drums and the guitar was easy enough to pick up any song.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    Ps-haw, Rock Band is not FAR SUPERIOR to Guitar Hero. It's better for parties though.
    Exactly

Eh, I still think Guitar Hero is better when it comes to playing the guitar and bass parts on Rock Band, but I do like playing the drums! But two of my friends have it so I don't need to go out and buy it myself

Yes it is because it is made by the makers of guitar heroes 1 and 2. Plus the singing and drums rock. And new songs are always popping up.

It's such a wonderful party game! I find some of the mechanics that they employed to be far more effective -- the square-shaped note-strikes, the hammer-ons, and the different bonuses for each instrument (the solos for the guitar, the groove mechanic for the bass, the fills for the drums, and the free-style for the vocals) make the game all that much more fun.

I'm averaging guitar on Hard on Guitar Hero, but with Rock Band, I can pretty much smoke almost the entire song-list on Expert. The tapping for the solos makes the solos even easier. I really like the drums, which seem to fall into a really relaxing pace once you hit Hard. Any setting prior feels unnatural when compared to the actual drums of the song (especially if you're familiar with it), and Expert can sometimes just make you feel like you need to take lessons.

I'm really excited for the thrash-metal pack with At The Gates and The Haunted in it! Those songs are more my musical preference. If I have to play "In Bloom", "Creep", or "Black Hole Sun" one more time, I'm going to vomit on myself. The Nine Inch Nails pack was a welcome change-of-pace, too. Rock Band finally got some ass-kickery behind the songs!

Each weekend, my friends and I probably rip through "Epic" at least five times, too. Never gets old!

I really like doing the singing, though. I never care to go above Easy with the singing, as I see the singing game to be more of a fun addition than a competitive component. Anything beyond Easy with the singing just makes it tedious and tense -- and what if someone's voice isn't cut out for a song? I can pull off "Tom Sawyer", "Roxanne", "Sabotage", any of The Ramones, and "My Sharona", but some of the other songs are out of range, and therefore, singing them is almost impossible.

It's a blast of a game, though! However, if you play a lot of video games with your friends on a regular basis, the playlist is going to get old very fast -- have thirty or forty dollars on-hand (damn you, Microsoft) to buy some fun additions to your setlist!

(For real fun, get a bag of chips, some sodas, and warm your hands up. Do some of the 8-song tour setlists with your friends! Now that's a blast!)

Default England

The worst thing about living in England is that games come out far later than in Japan and US.

Rockband is set for May 2008 on 360 and TBA on PS3 (i have a PS3)

But i have completed GH1+2 (3 is rubbish)... I so want this game, that way my real band can have fun as well

Quote Originally Posted by wannabesissybaby92 View Post
    But i have completed GH1+2 (3 is rubbish)... I so want this game, that way my real band can have fun as well
    So true! It's me and the guys in our band that play. When we're done practicing, writing, or recording, we put down the real instruments and pick up the fake ones!

We invested quite a bit of time into turning our practice space into a practicing-and-relaxing space. We bought an old, hulking projector that we hooked up to the Xbox 360 and have the sound hooked up through our mixer so the sound goes out of the big monitors. It's geeky, I know, but being able to play in a big space with big equipment makes the game feel even more like the experience it's intended to emulate!

Next step: Having figured out how to use the guitars and drums as MIDI-triggers (cheapest set of triggers available; budding musicians should pick up Rock Band just for the equipment), now we want to be able to incorporate them into an actual performance!

Guitar Hero is superior for single-person play, and the guitar gameplay is far superior than rock band.

Rock Band is good for parties or say 4 friends to play together with. I personally don't care for the game.