Finally told my mother

Status
Not open for further replies.
BabyMax2000 said:
Awesome. I told my mom about that and she doesn't want me to be apart of any of it. She's not accepting. Which sucks. Glad that you told you're mom. Now you can wear without worry.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
I'm really sorry to hear that...

Yeah :)

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

Drynites96 said:
Well I finally talked with my mother about me being a DL. It went really REALLY well (besides that I almost died of embarassment and shame^^') She's totally okay with me wearing diapers because I told her that it helps me with Stress. I even told her that I'm part of this community.

The only thing that I shouldn't do anymore is buying my diapers at our local Supermarket. (I'll NEVER do this again after what happened there yesterday) I guess my aunt must've told her when I bumped into her. She hasn't said anything about my pacifiers...

I'm so happy right now that I've finally talked with her and that she's okay with it.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1]

That's great, love this. Well done you. I love the point "I told her that it helps me with Stress" I'm not into the whole baby play thing, If your happy with that fill your pants :) I do get were your coming from with the stress thing. I feel so relaxed sitting around in a nappy. Just feels so right to me. Well done you.

I'm thinking of telling my family, though I'm concerned that they won't be nearly as supportive.

Goldberg said:
I'm thinking of telling my family, though I'm concerned that they won't be nearly as supportive.
@Goldberg if you have concern that your family wont be as supportive then you might want to rethink your wanting them to know only you know your family dynamics

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BabyMax2000 said:
Awesome. I told my mom about that and she doesn't want me to be apart of any of it. She's not accepting. Which sucks. Glad that you told you're mom. Now you can wear without worry.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Give it some time, things may change.

I know when I told my mom she was not happy and not real supportive... 20 years later she understands and is supportive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats in drawing massive courage to get the DL issues out there with your parents.

Writing a letter was a brilliant idea (I did this to "come out" to my mum when I was going through gender dysphoria issues). Your mum writing one back *hugs* to her!

At the end of the day, what do you hope to achieve by having your parents know though? It's a bit of a cliche, but "baby steps" here, in building their understanding.

Congrats!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Drynites96 said:
The only thing that I shouldn't do anymore is buying my diapers at our local Supermarket. (I'll NEVER do this again after what happened there yesterday) I guess my aunt must've told her when I bumped into her.

What happened at the supermarket ?

Good for you! Glad you got over the fear of telling her, though based on the pacifier it sounds like she might have already known/suspected. So clarifying it all was a the only good choice anyways. In spite of our best efforts, others close to us always find out sooner or later. Always.

I've been a long advocate of the letter approach too. This gives you the time to consolidate your thoughts, and make sure everything gets said. However, I also believe you should always be there when they read it. As you found out, questions, further clarifications, and a response, is often needed. Best to be there for all of that.

CrazySmoker said:
What happened at the supermarket ?
Well... I met my aunt while buying Drynites...

Slomo said:
Good for you! Glad you got over the fear of telling her, though based on the pacifier it sounds like she might have already known/suspected. So clarifying it all was a the only good choice anyways. In spite of our best efforts, others close to us always find out sooner or later. Always.

I've been a long advocate of the letter approach too. This gives you the time to consolidate your thoughts, and make sure everything gets said. However, I also believe you should always be there when they read it. As you found out, questions, further clarifications, and a response, is often needed. Best to be there for all of that.

Thanks :) I'm so relieved. I got two other pacifiers in my car and wonder if I should use them...

My mother talked with me after she read the letter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back