I’ve thrown out all my underwear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
At first I wasn’t intending to throw all my underpants away but I’ve become so comfortable wearing my all in one popper vests that I don’t really have use for underpants anymore. I like the feeling of the tight vests against my skin and how they stop my nappy sagging. I’m 29 days into wearing 24/7 and I think wearing the vests has become a learned behavior because I couldn’t even sleep with anything on my top half before now I like sleeping with a vest on.

I never use regular underwear either.

Nappies are my underwear.

i havent warn underware for years now, unfortunately Diapers are my only option due to my bladder issue.

I haven't used underwear for weeks and am thinking of getting rid of mine altogether.

I still keep a few pair of briefs around and wear maybe for an afternoon once a month on the average, for some specific reason. Though now that I have some magnifico pullups on-hand even that may be unnecessary. 24/7 FTW!

So, no one has the problem of droopage? Because the last time I tried to wear diapers "commando" as it were, they sagged like a mofo. And I hadn't even peed in them.

Boxers keep them in place on my experience.

NateSean said:
So, no one has the problem of droopage? Because the last time I tried to wear diapers "commando" as it were, they sagged like a mofo. And I hadn't even peed in them.

I have 7 'joey' popper vests. The poppers pop around the belly button area so they are easy to pop. They keep my nappies from sagging and I've kinda become addicted to them so no more pants for me.

Are those available in stores or online.

NateSean said:

It's a very occasional problem for me. It's usually as a result of a bad tape job when I experience it. I'd be much more inclined to wear a onesie than underpants to correct it. There's something about adult underpants of any kind over diapers that is very unappealing to me.

To the OP: good luck going underwear free. I wound up locking mine away about 4 months into my 24/7 run. Knowing that they're figuratively unavailable (I can crack the combination in 10 minutes or less) helps keep me more interested in my project. Despite that, I don't want to get rid of them entirely. Although I'm enjoying 24/7 on balance, I also really enjoy the comfort and convenience of regular underpants and I'm looking forward to the day when I can get back to them.

NateSean said:

I would suggest that a properly fitted (correctly taped) diaper won't sag unless wet or you've been wearing it awhile. I suppose the potential varies depending how much of a narrowing you have above your hips - in that regard it's like why some have to wear suspenders to keep their pants from falling down and some do not. The concept is much the same.

I personally get by with just a belt, and my diapers don't sag unless wet. Some mornings when I get up and am not in a hurry to change I have to adjust in one of my upper tapes to keep my diaper from trying to inch its way down (or fall down completely!) but I attribute at least some of that to the stretching of the plastic. (and partial pull-away of the tapes from the back wings) Like this morning I just got up in a fairly wet betterdry, and those stretch a bit overnight so they're a lot looser around the waist now than they were last night. So part of the sag is the weight of the wetness, and part is the loosening of the fit due to plastic stretch.

bambinod said:
I would suggest that a properly fitted (correctly taped) diaper won't sag unless wet or you've been wearing it awhile. I suppose the potential varies depending how much of a narrowing you have above your hips - in that regard it's like why some have to wear suspenders to keep their pants from falling down and some do not. The concept is much the same.

I personally get by with just a belt, and my diapers don't sag unless wet. Some mornings when I get up and am not in a hurry to change I have to adjust in one of my upper tapes to keep my diaper from trying to inch its way down (or fall down completely!) but I attribute at least some of that to the stretching of the plastic. (and partial pull-away of the tapes from the back wings) Like this morning I just got up in a fairly wet betterdry, and those stretch a bit overnight so they're a lot looser around the waist now than they were last night. So part of the sag is the weight of the wetness, and part is the loosening of the fit due to plastic stretch.

Seconded. A properly fitted diaper with the tapes lining up just above the hip bones will not sag or droop all that much. (Even with my stomach gut)

I frequently lounge around my house with just a diaper and tee shirt on. I also use premium diapers like confidry or betterdry. Even with a nearly soaked betterdry it doesn't sag very much, if at all.

The only exception is when I've been wearing the same diaper for 8+ hours and the plastic shell has stretched out. It's pretty simple to just use the second chance tapes to retape it tighter though, so again no sagging.

Same with Molicare Slip Maxi, they don't sag even when wet. I'm a 40 waist and the Large fit me well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back