Plastic backed diapers, just wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
so my whole life i've always been more into the idea of cloth backed diapers, because they're soft and give me a little but not total baby feel. but i recently got a sample of plastic ones and all i can say is where has this been all this time?? i can't believe i never tried it before but the feel, the fit, the sound, the absorbancy, it's all better! i was curious lately about why ab/dls love plastic backed so much and i TOTALLY get it now! this is great, my only issue is that my skin can't breathe and i sweat under the wings of the diaper, but im not so sure if that would even keep me from getting these again. i still cant believe i've just now come to this realization :dunno:

Hey there FallenWolf.. concerning the sweating, i do not know which it is: either your body adapts to it and sweats less after a while, or you just get used to it.. but coming from 'clothlike' outer shells yes, initially plastic backed diapers can feel sweaty.. especially in the summer. But i agree 100% plastic backed diapers ROCK!

My diaper of preference would always be a plain plastic-backed one! :thumbsup:

I know what you mean by feeling sweaty, but if you get something like ABU Cushies with one tab on either side it helps. I wore a Kiddo all day yesterday even while working in the yard and never felt the need to get out of the hot damp mess that most disposables, even cloth backed, would have become.

It kind of varies, from diaper to diaper...But, generally, even the 'cloth-backed' diapers actually DO have a plastic backsheet underneath the outer cloth 'shell'.

To put it simply, they HAVE to have said plastic backing, or else diapers would simply leak out like the old-school cloth diapers did, without any kind of outer covering. The myth that cloth-backed diapers are more 'breathable' has always been a stupid selling point lie, put out by the diaper industry. Because cloth-backed diapers have always just been plastic-backed ones, with a wimpy cloth outer covered glued on over it.

Seriously, if you get the chance...grab a (preferably cheap) baby's diaper sometime, and gently peel off the cloth outer cover. There's always a waterproof plastic inner part inside.

Plastic also tend to hold their shape better than cloth backed. Less adjusting and leaks from my experience.

Oh yes plastic backed are the bomb!

FallenWolf said:
my only issue is that my skin can't breathe and i sweat under the wings of the diaper, but im not so sure if that would even keep me from getting these again.:

TALC is your friend. Get a few large bottles from walmart. (I don't recommend cornstarch or other things, just regular scented talc) You'll love the smell too. Anyway, I use a lot of talc when diapering... between the legs, under the butt cheeks, then I tape up, and pull the sides out and shake in talc on my hips. Stops the sweating, the itching, and the pimples.

I prefer plastic back too. However I do love the velcro tabs that come with cloth back.

I use both plastic and the cloth backed. Like many of us, I use several different products, plastic backed, cloth backed , briefs and pull ups, depending on the situation. I find they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

FallenWolf said:
my only issue is that my skin can't breathe and i sweat under the wings of the diaper, but im not so sure if that would even keep me from getting these again. i still cant believe i've just now come to this realization :dunno:

I don't have this problem. I guess it's a climate zone issue?

Dan09 said:
It kind of varies, from diaper to diaper...But, generally, even the 'cloth-backed' diapers actually DO have a plastic backsheet underneath the outer cloth 'shell'.

To put it simply, they HAVE to have said plastic backing, or else diapers would simply leak out like the old-school cloth diapers did, without any kind of outer covering. The myth that cloth-backed diapers are more 'breathable' has always been a stupid selling point lie, put out by the diaper industry. Because cloth-backed diapers have always just been plastic-backed ones, with a wimpy cloth outer covered glued on over it.

Seriously, if you get the chance...grab a (preferably cheap) baby's diaper sometime, and gently peel off the cloth outer cover. There's always a waterproof plastic inner part inside.

It's worth noting, the way a baby diaper is made even the "sides" of their diapers have that plastic backing. It's not just a narrow strip like with adult diapers, but it covers the whole width (with the only exception being the tabs themselves).

Plastic adult diapers are closer in function and design to a baby diaper than adult cloth diapers are. Go figure.

12srepaid said:
I prefer plastic back too. However I do love the velcro tabs that come with cloth back.

I agree here. I love the fit and feel of a plastic back but those Velcro tabs on the cloth-backed that you can easily move about are great. But they are really needed for the stretchy cloth-backed diapers.

PaddedDeist said:
I agree here. I love the fit and feel of a plastic back but those Velcro tabs on the cloth-backed that you can easily move about are great. But they are really needed for the stretchy cloth-backed diapers.

Just curious, but were you ever able to memorize where the tapes need to end up at? Once you have that down, there's no real need for constantly moving the tapes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back