baby wipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hey guys I am not an abdl just to be clear but I use baby wipes when i use the bathroom and right now i am using huggies/ pampers I am wondering do you guys have any other brands that are good as well? I lookk forward to hearing from you thanks.

This is actually something I've never put much thought into, differences between baby wipes brands.

Personally I use store brand ones and make 0 effort hiding them and just have them wide in the open for any visitors to use if they wish.
It's one of those little things that is just acceptable to have and no one will bat an eye.

I tend to like the lavender scented variety and keep them in a cute Whinnie the Pooh reusable huggies plastic tub. They're good. It seems a good amount of generic store brand wipes are made in the same factory too. Multiple brands I've used have the same simple sheep pattern.

I like CVS - ultra soft.

(I don't see why anyone cares why someone's here if they've got an on-topic question)

I've heard several accounts of people that have "found" baby wipes and now swear by them in place of (or in addition to) TP. I bought a pack once to try but never ended up using them, they're still sealed in their packaging in the cabinet.

On the other hand, I've found that paper towel can be incredibly useful. I usually buy higher quality paper towel, the "select-a-sheet" variety that has the perforations every half-square. And I just happened to grab a roll recently when I'd been having a day of "using 20 feet of TP at a time" due to a touch of the flu. (I recall someone commenting their butt thought it was a marker, "when will it end?!") Fold a half a sheet in half three times, run the sink to wet it, and that works REALLY well.

Do whatever works for you! ("if it's strange, but it works, it ain't strange!)

I perfer huggies wipes mainly because the texture is good and strong and I’m not allergic to the soaps. Pampers tend to fall apart when I scrub too hard and I once tried a generic brand and I broke out :(

GabeG23 said:
Hey guys I am not an abdl just to be clear but I use baby wipes when i use the bathroom and right now i am using huggies/ pampers I am wondering do you guys have any other brands that are good as well? I lookk forward to hearing from you thanks.
Baby wipes are not flushable. You need to buy cottonelle flushable wipes for your toiletry needs.

Sent from my U673C using Tapatalk

I like the Attends dry wipes. They're sort of a glorified paper towel in some ways, but they don't fall apart like many paper towels, and they don't leak inside my bag like baby wipes. I just dampen them at the sink and they work great.

I used the old Chubs wipes when they came in the "lego" style box. I'll still use a random baby wipe from time to time, but I like the Walgreens Certainty/Sams Club adult wipes. While not baby fresh, they are larger and work better.

Every time I order from Northshore they send me a sample pack of ten wipes. They're good but I don't know if I want to buy a whole pack. I change pads at work and use a wipe when I do. I like wipes that are small enough to put in my pocket. I've tried Up and Up from Target Not bad. Walgreen's brand is good, too. A little expensive and I think they left an odor.

Thanks for your help guys

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The ones I really don't like are the Pampers ones -- especially the sensitive ones. They smell really weird.

Otherwise, Huggies, Johnsson&Johnsson and some of the supermarket own brands are pretty good.

No for the baby ones I use Huggies. I have a neat little refillable bag that they sell (I think mine came with a package of wipes). You can refil it from your larger tubs.

extremecomfy said:
Baby wipes are not flushable.

Yeah I was just going to mention that. OTOH, paper towels are flushable :)

I love the “Johnsons baby care skin wipes lightly fragranced” but noticed a few months ago they have shrinkflationed them and they are shorter and thinner (scam bags.) I find them softer and love the fragrance.

I don't use baby wipes but I do use incontinence wet wipes. ID Care are my favourite, they have a light scent and they are less than half the price of the Tena wet wipes but just as good.

extremecomfy said:
He joined this group just too get advice on baby wipes? Really? He is now a member who does not want to be mistaken as an ABDL.

This particular part of the forum is about diapers. What goes with diapers? Wipes. Have you read the op's other threads? He has asked about plastic pants and about stress incontinence. You do not have to be ABDL to be here. I'm not AB. I like wearing diapers but I also need them due to ic. We have others here who are not ABDLs. They are listed as caregivers or friends of someone who likes them. Should they not be trusted?

In the interest of keeping the peace, please be considerate of others. Thanks!

And for everyone else, please be careful when flushing those wipes.

Fatbergs

bambinod said:
Yeah I was just going to mention that. OTOH, paper towels are flushable :)

I had to make an emergency call to a plumber to get my drain snaked because one of my kids thought that. I'd suggest even being careful flushing "flushable" wipes - they probably won't break down as easily as toilet tissue.

Sigh. I could have bought a lot of diapers for what the plumber charged me.

ltaluv said:
I had to make an emergency call to a plumber to get my drain snaked because one of my kids thought that. I'd suggest even being careful flushing "flushable" wipes - they probably won't break down as easily as toilet tissue.

Ouch. I'd be weary of flushing anything other than a minimal amount of toilet paper down the drain. Even then I'd be paranoid.

ltaluv said:

Yeah even "flushable" toilet wipes can be a problem, we had drain problems a few years ago because of it

Please keep posts on topic going forward. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back