Tykables

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomviper000

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I saw that the Tykables were supposed to start shipping this week. Has anybody received their order yet? Curious to hear about them.

There is an updated review posted HERE.

The current message on their site says "Orders with diapers will be delayed until 10/25/17 (does not apply to existing orders)".

I was wondering the same thing. I ordered snap pants and a case of overnights. I receive my pants on Monday, and got an email from them telling me my order had been delivered, with no mention of there being another part to my order. I was wondering if the diaper case got mis-delivered until I got an email the other day saying orders were going to START shipping. There's still no indication of the status of my case of diapers, but I assume I'm in the queue and am awaiting my tracking number.

Their web site had a link for status that just took me to the product page. I can't find where to look up my orders on their web site so I have to rely on the clickable order link in the email they sent me. (and so I have NO way to look at my order history, good thing I keep good local documentation!) They also mentioned in one of their updates that they had updated their "calendars and order status" somewhere but had no accompanying link and so I can't find that either.

Their web site looks pretty good and has some nice features to it, but is lacking in navigation, organization, and order/user tracking. (or I'm just overlooking something that may not be entirely obvious)

My shipping label was created on the 14th but it still has not shipped 10 days later not sure what’s going on but it’s starting to get frustrating. Has anyone actually received their order yet? Or at least seen some movement on their fedex tracker?

I've got a similar situation to cateddybear. Still waiting on anything to change since they've created the label on the 14th.

A couple of days ago, I bothered customer support (or whatever they're called) about it, and they said:
"We expect all orders to be shipped by the end of the week. [...] We have printed out the shipping labels for all pre orders to ensure they go out before any new orders now that shipping has begun. You can read more of this information on our recent blog post with the following link:
https://tykables.com/blogs/news/tykables-overnights-shipping-october-2017 "

Hopefully that turns out to be true and it ships soon. I'm pretty eager to try the new diapers.

I found this posted on reddit

Hey everyone.

So yes we have had some delays that were definitely out of our control and unexpected, namely the fires in California. To quickly answer the next question of how California affect shipping from Chicago, our product shipped through the LA port. So the product has yet to arrive in Chicago.

When we first printed off the shipping labels we did this for all pre-sale orders. We did this and literally built, labeled, and put packing slips in the boxes for all pre-orders. We did this so we were to ensure that pre-orders went out first. We have not printed out any orders after that to ensure that all new order would ship out after the pre-orders. This was the best way to ensure this and the most logical solution for us to begin organizing all of the orders in a way that would allow for a quick fulfillment process once the product arrives. When we first did this it was because we expected the container to arrive at our location that following Tuesday, so doing this over the weekend should have been simple and caused little normal delay on what you would normally expect. However, they then said they could not deliver our container and we did not find this out until Monday that they didn't even pick up the container on Friday as they said they would. We have been working to get this resolved and believe it has been. We are now just waiting to confirm the date of the dropoff.

We have a partner in LA who helped us store our shipment there and even helped ship some full case orders for us that made sense to do so. We have after that been working to get the quickest shipping from LA to Chicago for our products which has been difficult because they are just now getting caught up on shipping in California and trucking companies are still swamped.

We do apologize for the delay and are working to get orders out as quickly as possible in a manner that is also most fair to the customers who have pre-ordered. We believe and hope you agree that it is worth the growing pains of this step for our company.

I got my case of Tykables in today but unfortunately the tracking was not updated and showed up unexpectedly

Any idea of any UK resellers or stockists?

Found on their blog posted Friday Oct 27: https://tykables.com/blogs/news/overnights-shipping-updates-2017 :
We have had difficulties getting our product out of the Los Angeles area and delivered to Chicago due to the wild fires. We have had no less than three companies confirm then cancel our pick up, one company went as far as to drive to the warehouse and then turn away. Honestly, we were shocked, stunned, and just confused by that. The fires in California have caused a congestion for freight that has still not been resolved and that is the reason for the delay

We have rescheduled another pick up with FedEx Supply Chain and hope that they will be able to step in where others have been letting us down to pick up and deliver our good from California. Provided they pick up our product on Monday we should have the product delivered to Chicago on Thursday or Friday. We will be working late on Thursday, Friday, and over the weekend to ensure everything is shipped out on Monday.

All pre-sale orders will be shipped out first if they have not already been shipped out. Orders placed after October 16th will be packed and shipped Friday - Sunday and shipped out Monday.

We apologize for the delay in shipping and are working to make it right as quickly as we can.

So their most recent forecasted ship date is Monday Nov 6, so many of us won't see them until Friday Nov 10. This is "if nothing goes wrong" which, considering prior events, seems insanely optimistic. Everything that can go wrong, has gone wrong, several times each...

I remember some years ago I was taught by a CEO to "underpromise, overdeliver". I think they got the same message, somewhat in reverse. If you keep telling people just the best case scenario in an area that is known for frequent delays, you're almost guaranteeing at least some disappointments for your customers. And if you have a bad run of luck, well, you have this.

Having seen the wildfires they should have contracted out to a small local shipping company to drive out there and pick up the load and bring it back. Of course all the shippers in that area are swamped, and you're low priority, so it's not surprising they're dropping your ball when there's a state-wide emergency going on. And when you do somehow manage to make it to the top of the list in a reasonable timeframe, someone that's desperate and has contracted "cash on delivery" for their product (instead of preorder like us) will bribe the piss out of the shippers to bump you, because they'll lose their shirts if they don't get their product. "Honestly, we were shocked, stunned, and just confused by that." I wasn't, and you shouldn't have been either. I bet they made at least 10 grand by bumping you. (and of course they're not going to TELL you that!)

Owell. Considering we've seen pre-orders in this market be anywhere from slightly to heinously late with alarming frequency, I can't say I'm surprised. The almost exclusive use of social media for accurate and useful order updates is what disappoints me the most. I've got several emails telling me my order was delivered, and even a request to write a review on my overnights. That are still sitting in a warehouse in cali. That for all I know burned to the ground last week.

I discovered my case beside my side door this evening when i got home, it was a very plain brown cardboard box with a return address of "fulfillment center", shipped via FedEX. Box was 25.5 x 15.5 x 22.5 and was unexpectedly heavy. Inside are eight bags of 10 tykables overnights. This delivery was totally unexpected, I never received any shipping notification or tracking number, but I suppose that's going to be a necessary tradeoff for them getting them rushed out as fast as they can.

I don't have a rev1 overnight to compare against handy, but they appear to be about 50% thicker and heavier. The outside pattern is the same, and the quilting on the inside is enormous. Will see how they hold up tonight. Might be using a softer shell, it's softer than I remember for the overnights?

AND I completely forgot these were going to have velcro tapes. Four of them, and they're a good 50% wider than the average tape. They appear to be the same tech used on all the other recent velcro diapers we've seen recently like the clothlike cushies and magnifico, with a very micro fine hook material on the tapes and a front tape panel that has a texture on it that feels very similar to a clothlike diaper shell.

Posed to my gallery...

I don't remember if this was on the previous bag, but that is sooooo cute, I love it! If you're an AB (and I'm not) then you absolutely MUST cut this out and post it by your bed!

attachment.php

The outside shell is very soft and very smooth, but at the same time has just a little hint of texture to it, I think that's just perfect.

attachment.php

These diapers have four velcro tapes, here's a short of both sides of the tapes and the tape panel also. The tape panel isn't as stiff as I've seen with some other velcro diapers, it's got a good feel to it by comparison. Another good call on choice of materials.

attachment.php

They've done quilted interiors before, but the depth of the quilting on these is bigger relief than I've ever seen. The liner is pretty soft but thickness and weight of the padding still makes it a bit stiff. Not bad, but more than a lot of other diapers... maybe around confidry247-level?

attachment.php

Ten minutes from now I'll be wearing this diaper to bed!

bambinod said:
I discovered my case beside my side door this evening when i got home, it was a very plain brown cardboard box with a return address of "fulfillment center", shipped via FedEX. Box was 25.5 x 15.5 x 22.5 and was unexpectedly heavy. Inside are eight bags of 10 tykables overnights. This delivery was totally unexpected, I never received any shipping notification or tracking number, but I suppose that's going to be a necessary tradeoff for them getting them rushed out as fast as they can.

I don't have a rev1 overnight to compare against handy, but they appear to be about 50% thicker and heavier. The outside pattern is the same, and the quilting on the inside is enormous. Will see how they hold up tonight....

Ten minutes from now I'll be wearing this diaper to bed!

Well, how was SIDF in these babies??? Mine shipped yesterday, can't wait!

It was top notch for me. New favorite diapers!

FWIW, turns out I did have measurements for these and they weren't quite as heavier as I was thinking

waddlers: 4.8z
overnights: 6.3oz
new overnights: 7.6oz

Definitely thicker though. (and love the velcro)

Interesting to see that the velcro ("hook") on the tapes doesn't cover the entire tape, just a rectangular strip of it at the end. The part of the tape nearest the root actually has a very light adhesive on it, to keep the tape down until you are ready to pad up. (it doesn't stick to the velcro tape panel at all) Despite the small area, they stick really well. I had zero problems with them overnight, and I've had some of the older waddlers pop on me overnight. Someone was asking about the "stretchy sides"... no, they don't have that. The wings are unchanged, they're the same thin plastic as is on most disposable plastic diapers.

I got about 9 hours of sleep last night, but was only able to wet my diaper to about 4" from the very back of the padding, so there was still some capacity left in it when I finally crawled out of bed. I found it weighed a good 3lbs when I got up and changed, so they're definitely a diaper certified for overnight use for me!

I just can’t wait for their store in Mt. Prospect to restock. I can’t order online as my card/finances are tracked 24/7 by my father and my parents monitor all packages to the house. Tykables were the first ABDL diapers I’ve ever gotten my hands on and I’ve vouched for them since. Because of my limited access to getting padding, it is either waiting for a restock, or getting poor quality ones like Certainty from Walgreens, and let me tell you this, those can’t hold squat.

Just got mine in today.

It was worth the wait! the fit is amazing. They are thick in the right places, and allow you to comfortably wear without worry of the tapes failing. The Magnificos for instance are extremely comfortable, but aren't super for walking around in due to the wide padding between the legs. Additionally, the medium is finally done correctly! It's rises ever so slightly larger than an ABU space, which is just perfect. Tykables does this just right!

Probably the best ABDL diaper to date!

While it is fresh on everyone's mind, what does this new taping panel feel like? Is it just as stiff as the old style, or is it more supple? Thanks.

ArchtopK said:
While it is fresh on everyone's mind, what does this new taping panel feel like? Is it just as stiff as the old style, or is it more supple? Thanks.

It feels like the plastic part of Velcro. ‘Cause it is! A little weird, for sure, a little like sandpaper, but it sure works.

"It feels like the plastic part of Velcro". Interesting. does it stick to other things, like clothing, blankets etc. ?

I took the plunge and placed an order for a case of size 2's I will let you guys know when they come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back