Tykables

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual i guess i am excluded to try these as i am in canada :(
so many diapers i want to try but getting them is another story

I can’t wait to try these diapers omg so cute!🙈 is the website safe to buy from? Sorry for being ignorant but I was just curious. I don’t want my credit card messed with it’s happened before buying diapers online

zackiepooh1992 said:
I can’t wait to try these diapers omg so cute!�� is the website safe to buy from? Sorry for being ignorant but I was just curious. I don’t want my credit card messed with it’s happened before buying diapers online

Yeah it's safe, but if you're a size two you're already out of luck - they're already sold out.

Avi8tor said:
Any idea of any UK resellers or stockists?

Tykables stated that they "hope to soon" on reddit. So I doubt you'll see them before xmas! But hey.. at least NRUS now have Rearz, and Fabine to try out ;)

I suppose it's a good problem to have.

Got mine in last Friday and finally got to try them. Here are a few thoughts I have on them. (Some have already been mentioned, so sorry for any redundancy)

I still have a couple of the last edition, so I was able to compare them some. Main differences I find in the new version: the Velcro tapes, definitely thicker, a little longer, higher capacity, a little stiffer due to the quilted like core, taller leak guards, leak guards no longer blue, green core instead of blue, spacing on the artwork is less (so more color/designs).

The number one thing I was excited about was the Velcro fasteners, as I can easily take them off if I just want to wear them for a few hours (dry) and then workout or need to go somewhere I can’t wear. I can also easily readjust them. I did both and the fasteners worked good as new each time and held excellent, even through the night for me. I was excited about the Magnifico when it came out, but it is too big for me with the stretch, and thus tend to leak around the front legs. These fit me close to perfectly, so they definitely outdo Magnificos.

They are comfortable, but a little stiff. If they were as comfortable as the carousel it would probably be a 10. The hexagonal quilted core is what makes it kind of stiff, but that also keeps it from bunching up or sagging much. The outer shell also seems to be a little tighter around the core, do the material isn’t as “loose” on the inside. I also wish it was a little more comfortable when wet. It’s not uncomfortable, but it seems to almost keep the same stiffness, instead of being a little squishy when wet, allowing it to move better with you as you walk and move about. I think that’s because it has less SAP then some similar capacity diapers. I’d like a little more SAP ratio.

It is definitely higher capacity than the last version, but it seemed to be just a little under space, safari and such. I didn’t quantitatively measure that, so it may be closer than it seemed. It seems to wick pretty well, however, as typical the padding was not fully wet all the way up the back.

I believe the plastic is the same, but it feels a little different due to being tighter around the core as mentioned above. As with the last version, I think the shell could be improved a little. If it were a little more slick like Crinklz maybe, I’d like that. Also like the last version, it is durable enough for holding everything, but if you accidentally scratch it, hit it on a corner of furniture or rub up against something too hard, it can sometimes cause pin hole like leaks easier than other shells.

The bag and artwork are pretty much the same. I appreciate the effort and think it’s kind of fun, but also wouldn’t mind an all white or less colorful diaper and more simple bag and save the extra couple bucks that probably costs per bag.

Overall, it will be one of my favorites. High performance and capacity, great fit and a new Velcro style tape that works excellent. A couple things that may be improved, but perfection isn’t easy ;)

I got these diapers last Friday and omg🙈I’m In love with them☺️☺️My new favorite

zackiepooh1992 said:
I got these diapers last Friday and omg��I’m In love with them☺️☺️My new favorite
I’m with you there dude!

I did the ultimate activity test on these yesterday to see of the padding would fall apart, I have been known to bust up some of the best diapers around.
I changed into a fresh tykable size large around 9am, my clothing was a tee shirt, jean overalls with a sweat shirt over the top, the diaper was allowed to hang free on me, no onesie to protect it.
My 1st project was hopping on my machine and move 2 yards of dirt around my yard to make new garden plots and beef up existing flower beds, after that I got my hand rake out and smoothed over all the dirt, I did wet during this, nothing major though.
The next job was getting back on the machine and clearing / digging a 2ft wide trench on a slope to build a retaining wall so I could make a flat level area to park my trailer. There was lots of getting on and off the machine, when that was done I got a couple scoops of QP and filled some of the trench to make it level, then took a hand tamper and compacted everything; again tons of movement, I def wet a few times during this.
I then pick up wall block and started my wall, each block weighed about 90lbs, there was lots of on my hands and knee's, shuffling around, squatting, standing, moving.
I finished up the job and had a couple of beers to marvel at my work, again wetting more and more. When I went inside my diaper was def getting heavy, I took my overalls to have a look at the damage...I was shocked, the padding held up very well, there was a little bit of cracking and some settling that I could see through the plastic but literally 90% of the diaper held up. This is a very well made product.

pampers4U said:
I did the ultimate activity test on these yesterday to see of the padding would fall apart... When I went inside my diaper was def getting heavy, I took my overalls to have a look at the damage...I was shocked, the padding held up very well, there was a little bit of cracking and some settling that I could see through the plastic but literally 90% of the diaper held up. This is a very well made product.

I assume you're referring to the new Waddler Overnights? Yep, those are surprisingly durable. Which I can only assume is coincidence/accident because they're marketed for overnight, when you're not going to be active.

pampers4U said:
I did the ultimate activity test on these yesterday to see of the padding would fall apart, I have been known to bust up some of the best diapers around.
I changed into a fresh tykable size large around 9am, my clothing was a tee shirt, jean overalls with a sweat shirt over the top, the diaper was allowed to hang free on me, no onesie to protect it....This is a very well made product.

Funny you should mention this -me too! I put a new one on around 10AM this morning, had breakfast (which included a pot of coffee) and got to work around my yard. Six hours later it took everything I could throw at it including five normal wettings, raking leaves for four hours, digging in my front yard, mowing the lawn etc. It was still completely intact when I came in the house to get a shower.

I love these diapers!

I ordered a bag of 10 on the 29th of November, and the website says that the shipping had been fulfilled the next day, but the USPS tracking page says they're still awaiting the item, is this normal?

twofiveseven said:
I ordered a bag of 10 on the 29th of November, and the website says that the shipping had been fulfilled the next day, but the USPS tracking page says they're still awaiting the item, is this normal?

I've seen tracking miss an item until it was delivered a few times, but it's pretty uncommon. (I get a lot of packages) Might want to drop them a line or give them a call to see what's up.

Tykables Overnights are in stock for orders again. Shipping is posted as late January.

Last edited:
Fenrir said:
Tykables Overnights are in stock for orders again. Shippingis posted as late January.

Looks like they have in sizes Medium and Large, no X-Large.
(they're quoting them as fitting a little larger than some of their previous diapers though)

Yeah, I haven't seen any XL postings on their site. I did manage to get an order of Lg diapers in though. I'm stoked.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I ordered and received a case when they 1st were released back in November, I have since worn just under 2 packs worth, these are excellent but I keep gravitating over to my other diapers because i don’t want to waste these with lite wettings, I know it’s weird but unconsciously I seem to think I’ll waste the product vs wearing something lighter duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back