Thread: New Zealand finally has a government

Default New Zealand finally has a government

So after many long weeks after the election we have a Labor lead government going forward.

First off, for those that do not know, New Zealand uses an MMP system for electing governments as opposed to First Past the Post, most other nations use, which means a party or a coalition of parties needs to have 61 seats in the house to be able to form a government.

This election has been shameful A person who was resoundingly defeated in his electorate seat, held all the power to form the next government.

Our Green party needs to grow a spine as they become the third wheel yet again to a Labor lead government, all because they are too communist to go with the conservative National party where they could have actually had some power to push forward their environmental policies.

This government already plans on screwing over the farmers one of New Zealands largest industries and My Sister and her husband who are struggling as it is due to really bad weather which has halved their income already. The dollar dropped rapidly on the news and those who think things will be better under this new government will have another thing coming.

I personally am probably better off under a Labor government but I am smart enough to know what is best for me, is not best for the country. I just wish we had a strong libertarian presence in this country so I could vote for a party I like and not the lesser of two evils.

New Zealand is much better off with the type of governance the Labor Party offers over National any day. Better to put the nation's interests first than to sell off everything to overseas investors. Just look at the damage John Key has done, what a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Note View Post
    New Zealand is much better off with the type of governance the Labor Party offers over National any day. Better to put the nation's interests first than to sell off everything to overseas investors. Just look at the damage John Key has done, what a disgrace.
    Didn't realize kiwis were overseas investors... must have failed geography. And I'll be glad to see how "We have a vision" fixes all New Zealands problems, how higher taxes, and a stifled economy really serve our so called nation's interests, and if you think it'll be labors governance your sadly mistaken, Winston is the puppet master here, A party the took 7% of the votes holds all the power, and Winston being the egotistical maniac that he is, it'll be his way or the highway... I do really doubt and hope for the sake of the nation that this government doesn't even last a term.

Your politics is a walk in the park compared to us in Mother England at the moment with brexit and fish face wanting Scottish this and that

What a very apt nickname for Nicola sturgeon. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    What a very apt nickname for Nicola sturgeon. I like it!
    She has her own agenda and sod the actual people of Scotland

Hiya LittleManAlex. If you think NZ is fooked what does that make Australia? Or the US? Or Britain? Geez, Britain was fooked long before it fooked up Australia the US and NZ with its human flotsam and jetsam hey. And I should know because I'm a seventh generation direct descendent of First Fleet British convicts so I'm what is wrong with all of our countries. Me and people like me are the problem with New Zealand and Australia...and you would think I would feel bad about that but I prefer to blame my dead male parent for everything that is wrong with the world. After all, he was a sixth generation direct descendent of scumbag poms (no offence intended parcelboy2 because I personally really like the British one-on-one. It's when two of them gang up on you that you have to worry) Having said all that rude stuff I'm seriously considering moving to NZ and buying a 30 footer (yacht) and living on The Bay of Islands but I'm worried that I won't be welcome there because I'm an Australia and we are to blame for everything because of my bastard old man!
    Mea culpa? You bet I am, but who isn't in their own way?

PS PB2 I lost my grip on reality decades ago and look how well I turned out

Shit happens so I wear diapers