urge pee

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hey guys this question may be gross, I am 25 years old and when I am doing something like really focusing like washing dishes etc i get this strong need to use the bathroom and there have been times that I have had accidents in my pants before I get to the bathroom? Is there a way to fix this or at least not have accidents? I look forward to hearing from you guys thanks.

GabeG23 said:
Hey guys this question may be gross, I am 25 years old and when I am doing something like really focusing like washing dishes etc i get this strong need to use the bathroom and there have been times that I have had accidents in my pants before I get to the bathroom? Is there a way to fix this or at least not have accidents? I look forward to hearing from you guys thanks.

Absolutely. Go see a urologist. They will be able to figure out your underlying cause much better than we will. You'll probably get all different kinds of pills too. Some might even work just a little bit.

Thanks for your help slomo also can I add you as a friend on here? I look forward to hearing from you thanks Gabe.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Urge incontinence is quite common, and often quite treatable. The first thing most doctors will try are meds such as oxybutinin, which calm spasms of the detrusor muscles. There are other things that can be tried as well, if the meds don't work or cause to many side effects.

The first step is to see a urologist and discuss your symptoms. Be as honest as you can about what triggers episodes of urgency and how often they result in incontinence. Discuss options with them, and feel free to ask here about various treatments. Chances are some of us have tried them and can give you our thoughts on them.

Keep in mind that the only one who can give you the medical advice you need is your own doctor, though.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ltaluv said:
Urge incontinence is quite common, and often quite treatable. The first thing most doctors will try are meds such as oxybutinin, which calm spasms of the detrusor muscles. There are other things that can be tried as well, if the meds don't work or cause to many side effects.

The first step is to see a urologist and discuss your symptoms. Be as honest as you can about what triggers episodes of urgency and how often they result in incontinence. Discuss options with them, and feel free to ask here about various treatments. Chances are some of us have tried them and can give you our thoughts on them.

Keep in mind that the only one who can give you the medical advice you need is your own doctor, though.

True enough. I was having an increasing problem with urge IC that seemed to be related mainly to standing up and or walking. I was okay when lying down or sitting but as soon as I stood up I got the urge that I had to go and even when out once the urge hit I usually couldnt make it to a bathroom unless it was really close. After the bladder released though there wasnt usually a large volume of urine except after I drank alcohol. I raised it with a doctor and got on a antispasm drug.

thanks a lot for help
mikesecret said:
True enough. I was having an increasing problem with urge IC that seemed to be related mainly to standing up and or walking. I was okay when lying down or sitting but as soon as I stood up I got the urge that I had to go and even when out once the urge hit I usually couldnt make it to a bathroom unless it was really close. After the bladder released though there wasnt usually a large volume of urine except after I drank alcohol. I raised it with a doctor and got on a antispasm drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back