Status
Not open for further replies.

Ry821

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So I and traveling for work tomorrow (tri cities, wa) and will be there most of the day with only some work in the morning. I am wanting to prime now some new diapers and would like your opinion on ether North shore supreme briefs or abena abri-form comfort briefs. I with be flying, driving, and maybe going to some wineries after my work is done. What do you guys think.

I would go for the northshores myself, but that are my favorite 'normal' diaper. Beware, they are stiff, and this turns many people off, and a little shorter than most diapers, but I personally like the fit. They normally last me 6-8 hours, with the mediums, which have a 35oz absorbency rating from the manufacturer. Definitely use a powder or other barrier with them though, helps with the stiffness. And make sure to follow their directions of fluffing and creasing. The tapes are really strong, which is a nice plus, and I can't remember them ever clumping up with extended wear.
The abenas I was never 100% impressed with, as I could never really get an awesome fit with, but some people find them really awesome. They have a softer smoother plastic, but tend to smell a lot after a few wetting imho. Last time I used them (about a year ago) they held up about the same amount of time as the northshores, but would get clumpy and as I said, smelly. They are a really comfortable diaper until clumping starts though.
Neither of them can hold a really large flood or over night wettings for me, but the northshores edge out over the Abenas in this. But then again, I often still leak with a booster in the most thirsty diapers at night.
Overall, depends on what you want in your diaper wearing experience. Abenas may be more comfortable, but the Northshores offer better protection IMO against leaks and odors.

I was just wearing a sample of Northshore Care Supreme last night and I think they'd get my vote. They start out a little stiff, so it's best to rough them up a little and fold a bit lengthwise to make a "V" when you wear them. Not expensive, decent capacity, solid tapes. Pretty good all around.

I prefer the appearance and feel of the plastic of Abenas but since they're going to stop producing plastic backed by the end of the year, I suspect Nortshore Care Supremes will be my go to for a medical style diaper. Overall, I think ABU Preschools win out for me but I like having a variety available.

Toss out the abenas. They were great once, but are more likely to fail you now. Northshore supreme is a good choice, but as others have said are stiff. They will need to be unpacked so they can expand and unstiffen some, and the V fold works great with any brand.

However, if you're looking for the feel of an abena, but with the performance of Northshore, then I'd highly recommend betterdry.

Ry821 said:
So I and traveling for work tomorrow (tri cities, wa) and will be there most of the day with only some work in the morning. I am wanting to prime now some new diapers and would like your opinion on ether North shore supreme briefs or abena abri-form comfort briefs. I with be flying, driving, and maybe going to some wineries after my work is done. What do you guys think.

Enjoy the area, I live in that region of the country. It’s a good time of year to visit.
As for diapers, I’d go with north shore hands down. There’s no comparison in terms of fit and performance IMO. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cm90210 said:
Enjoy the area, I live in that region of the country. It’s a good time of year to visit.
As for diapers, I’d go with north shore hands down. There’s no comparison in terms of fit and performance IMO. Have fun!

Thanks for the advise everyone. Cm90210, do you have any recommendations for places to eat or wineries or just something to do? I have time to burn between 11am and 4pm and thinking of driving out to red mountain/Benton City.

Ry821 said:
Thanks for the advise everyone. Cm90210, do you have any recommendations for places to eat or wineries or just something to do? I have time to burn between 11am and 4pm and thinking of driving out to red mountain/Benton City.

I would recommend restaurants. I tried to have a nice dinner at a furniture store once (it had a really nice plate setting), but I just got thrown out.

Seriously though, ask your hotel concierge. They usually know a few good places to eat.

Northshore Supreme all the way!!!

Ry821 said:

Dang I just saw your reply. Sorry.
Are you still in the area?
Anthony’s on the river in Richland is nice and has super good seafood at fairly reasonable prices for what you get. Casa Mia is a good family Italian joint with award winning pizzas. Another interesting place is The Rock, also a pizza place, rock and roll themed. It’s fun. Kind of like guitar hero meets pizza lol. Another place that’s good is a local sandwich and salad shop called Graze. It’s tasty.
For wineries, you can’t go wrong by heading down to Walla Walla from where you’re at. The restaurant scene there is way way better than the Tri cities as well. If you have time and like wine, it’s worth the 50 mi drive.

Heres another vote for Northshore , Abenas used to be mybtravel diaper until I tried northshore its a great diaper stands up better than Abenas any day of the week, although i do still have an unopened case of M4 dating back to 2013 when I switched over , the travel I was going to do in 2013 got cancelled because of a major health emergency .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Ditto on the Northshore Supremes. Love them. In fact, I'm in one right now. I prefer the plastic-backed ones because they stay in place and are about as close to leak-proof as you can get, but even the cloth-backed ones are good and super-quiet.

-RMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back