Status
Not open for further replies.

alltimefun

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Lately I've being leaking badly between my legs. Even when the diaper isn't that wet, and im not wearing cheaper brands, I mainly wear the single tape abu's. Anyone might know what's happening and how to fix it?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Are you putting the diaper on tight enough? Taping it on too loosely could be the cause.

bambinobaby said:
Are you putting the diaper on tight enough? Taping it on too loosely could be the cause.
I always try and tape it so it's not to loose

a double tape diaper will fit better as you can ajuat it better, I tried a pack of one tape diapers and the leaked around the legs also. I no wear Betterdry diapers to manage my OAB and have very few leaks.

1. Are you doing the vertical fold on your diaper to activate the channels front to back?

2. Are you making sure the leg cuffs are fanned out around your legs? (not tucked inside where they may wick)

3. Are you using an excessive amount of powder or lotion hat may stop the diaper absorbing?

4. Are you flooding your diapers?

Are they leaking around the legs or elsewhere?

Reactions: linkins96
Check the standing leak guards before putting it on. My last bag, all of the leak guards are stuck down. So I have to pull them up then they are fine.

Couple things I do. First I do have some control over my bladder so no matter how premium I never flood it because the padding needs time to absorb the pee. Second the diaper itself to better shape the diaper unfold the diaper and refold it hotdog style. You want to make sure there’s a u shape in the crotch of the diaper to catch all that pee. And third after your finished taping it on I make sure my leak guards are standing up and also make sure that the diaper has that u shape in the crotch. Bunching up of the crotch can lead to all kinds of leaks! Generally if a diaper is too loose or too tight you’ll have leaks so make sure the fit is just like your underwear- not tight.

Argent said:
1. Are you doing the vertical fold on your diaper to activate the channels front to back?

2. Are you making sure the leg cuffs are fanned out around your legs? (not tucked inside where they may wick)

3. Are you using an excessive amount of powder or lotion hat may stop the diaper absorbing?

4. Are you flooding your diapers?

Are they leaking around the legs or elsewhere?
1) yes 2) yes 3)only apply lotion to my body. 4)yes 5)no there not leaking anywhere less

Are they leaking when your standing, sitting, or both? Foods while sitting can be challenging with any diaper.

You might need to experiment with different brands and styles to find one that best for your particular body shape. Not all diapers will fit all people.

ltaluv said:
Are they leaking when your standing, sitting, or both? Foods while sitting can be challenging with any diaper.

You might need to experiment with different brands and styles to find one that best for your particular body shape. Not all diapers will fit all people.

I can't flood sitting down. My body won't let it. I'm considering trying more two tape diapers but I've been let down by some I've tried

This is a terrible to read, for me ABU Vintage 2 tape diapers work absolutely perfectly :(

Not all diapers fit all people equally unfortunately, I have quite stocky legs and find if I tape with the top of the tape close to the top of the taping panel the fit for me is very secure... Do you know if the fit differs for you depending where they are taped?

Have you tried fully wetting one without flooding to see if it still leaks?

Argent said:
This is a terrible to read, for me ABU Vintage 2 tape diapers work absolutely perfectly :(

I assume you're not referring to Rearz' "Vintage BabyDry Replica"? I know ABU refers to a few of their lines as "vintage" and "replica". (mainly their SDKs?)

bambinod said:
I assume you're not referring to Rearz' "Vintage BabyDry Replica"? I know ABU refers to a few of their lines as "vintage" and "replica". (mainly their SDKs?)

No definitely referring to ABUs Vintage range SDK/Cushies/Lavender/Kiddos. I think they now list them as 2 tape diapers on their site.

I completely missed the Rearz one.

alltimefun said:
Lately I've being leaking badly between my legs. Even when the diaper isn't that wet, and im not wearing cheaper brands, I mainly wear the single tape abu's. Anyone might know what's happening and how to fix it?

Well yeah, there's your problem. One tape, lol. Any diaper which does not have lower tapes simlly will not allow for a snug fit around your legs.

For now, I'd recommend you use a piece of duck tape or even some diaper pins to better secure your diapers. Your next order of diapers also needs to be something with actual lower tapes too. And I'm not talking about the two-tape diapers like abu, fabines, bambino, or the like which use a tape landing zone (and their infamous no lower tapes design).

Take a look at confidry, northshore supreme, or betterdry. These will work without leaking, no problem.

Different diapers fit different body shapes better or worse. Maybe the diaper you're using just doesn't fit right on you.

I find a lot of the ABDL diapers leak between the legs really quickly. The best, least-leaky diapers I've ever used have been the plastic-backed Abena M4s, but your leakage may vary.

Customer to Plumber. My sink leaks below the cabinet every time I run the water.

Plumber, opens cabinet and sees only one end of the piping is secured, the other is left hanging loose. Says to customer, it looks fine to me, maybe you just have the wrong shaped sink.

alltimefun said:

If you want to stick with single tape diapers, there are other options that will hold more before leaking. Rearz sells Little Squirts, and ABU now carries Kiddo. I got a bag of kiddo recently and so far have been very impressed with their fit, comfort, (front elastic as well as rear!!) and how well the padding works to absorb, wick, and hold. They're definitely the most comfortable single tape diaper I've ever tried.

Slomo said:
Customer to Plumber. My sink leaks below the cabinet every time I run the water.

Plumber, opens cabinet and sees only one end of the piping is secured, the other is left hanging loose. Says to customer, it looks fine to me, maybe you just have the wrong shaped sink.

Ok, I know I wasn't being even remotely clear with the point I was trying to make.

I'm trying to explain that if the diaper isn't secured snuggly around your legs, then don't be surprised when you leak around the legs.

Single tape diapers are nearly incapable of providing a snug fit around the legs, so leaks should be expected. If you don't want to leak, then get better diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back