Incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree. I don't know why I leak some when I am stress or lifting. Maybe I am not empty my bladder

Tiny nailed it.Its starts small and insignificant, then BAM!! gets worse.My nervous system is apparently failing me.Sucks big time.

Oh that's how. Well at least you get a warning and not have a nightmare.

makena43 said:
Is urge incontence like you pee too much, you get abit stress, frustrated and some pee comes out .but I guess am considered if one day in the future I am doing something. And then I notice a puddle of something on the floor and find out its my pee. That is the last thing I want and then I am force to wear diapers. I can't go to crossfit in diapers and work place. That is what I am wonding

You can go EVERYWHERE in diapers. Even in the pool if you have a swim diaper on. Look, I'm a bit if a personal expert on incontinence, but no doctor. Here's a little of what I know.

With *just* urge incontinence you always get a sudden and strong urge that you need to pee. Hence the name. That urge will intensify the longer you try to hold it. Usually, and with most people, after a minute or so it becomes too intense and you loose bladder control. You will always know when it happens though.

For some others with urge incontinence (like myself), we are able to still hold it in spite of that intensity. In time, a sort of disconnect develops with any future urges, and the sphincter muscles will automatically clamp shut and stay that way. This then becomes what's called detrusor sphincter dyssynergia (or DSD). It can lead to the inability to empty your bladder at all, and should be avoided or treated asa- friggin- p. I wasn't able to though, and paid a heavy price for it.

Another, different, common type of incontinence is overflow incontinence. This happens when you do not fully empty your bladder for whatever reason (swollen prostate, strictures, even just not being attentive enough could be a couple of examples). As it fills up again your bladder will then spasm. Sometimes you can feel it, sometimes not. With this bladder spasm you can end up leaking. Sometimes it can be a lot, sometimes very little. Constant self catheterizing is needed here, or your bladder will just fill up again then spasm/leak.

Based on your past descriptions, I'm more inclined to believe you have overflow incontinence, not urge incontinence.

There are other kinds of incontinence as well, to many to go into any real depth here. Add in that it's common to have more than one type of incontinence at the same time, and well who knows what you're really dealing with. My guess could be way off. Hence why you've really just got to keep following up with your urologist.

So with overflowing incontinence is that a good medical reason to wear diapers and that is what you they people that ask why you wearing a diaper?

Makena,

Any kind of incontinence is a good reason to wear a diaper. However, a diagnosis of overflow incontinence means that your bladder is not properly emptying itself. When the bladder is full, you have leakage, but that leakage isn’t emptying your bladder (if the diagnosis is correct). Thus, you will also probably have to learn to catheterize yourself several times a day to empty your bladder.

I will look into catheter and I guess the answer to my question is yes. Maybe I need to practice relaxing and making sure the bladder is empty before going back to work.

Well, when you are leaking during lifting I would sway more towards stress incontinence, that is happening due to your muscles contraction. I'm permanently incontinent, but yet I have noticed that I'm urinating into my diaper more when I'm lifting, therefore I need to be a little bit careful sometimes at the public gym as I would have to get into some serious accident there, that all of those people that I know for so long, yet they have no clue about my issues to find out about my incontinence. I would also advise to start training kegels - those will prove themselves to be amazingly helpful in terms of regaining bladder control and I recommend it to everyone, that is yet not beyond the point of saving and can still improve their incontinence as quality of life as well. I know many people, that those exercises along with a top diet has helped.

Why do I pee alot when I drink 3 cups or more ? If you pee alot does that just wearing diapers?

makena43 said:
Why do I pee alot when I drink 3 cups or more ? If you pee alot does that just wearing diapers?

Lol. What goes in must come out. You pee a lot because you're drinking a lot. But you're supposed to be drinking a lot anyways, so diaper up and don't worry about how much you're wetting.

Okay I guess that has to including. Coffee/beer. With water later. So nothing wrong.

makena43 said:
Okay I guess that has to including. Coffee/beer. With water later. So nothing wrong.

Yeah, most any kind of water or water mix. And while coffee and beer are mild diuretics (makes you pee more), that are naturally consumed with the water they already have in them.

Looks like I've been too cautious and nothing to worry about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back