ABDL industry growing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifetime

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I was looking to buy some more Carousel diapers cause I just ran out, when I went to the website I was shocked to find that their diapers are now being sold on Amazon and not only that but with Prime. I started searching more diapers on Amazon and also found Rearz Rebels with Prime and also Littleforbig is now selling diapers as well.

With the recent increase in choices regarding adult baby diapers I started wondering, "Is the industry really growing that fast?" and, "How is that even possible considering it's suppose to be a small market?"

I would like to know everyone's thoughts on the industry and it's growth over the past couple of years. To me it's a sign that there are far more people that are into diapers than we previously thought.

Well, the people that could tell you about how quickly the market is growing, are the people that sell them.

If it we're me, I'd invest in marijuana, though...

Jamieboy said:
Well, the people that could tell you about how quickly the market is growing, are the people that sell them.

If it we're me, I'd invest in marijuana, though...

No doubt that would be a better investment. Honestly I'm just surprised at the amount of choice we have when it comes to AB diapers. I kinda wondering when that is going to start getting more mainstream attention.

I've noticed the same thing. When the question comes up on this site, how many are there in the U. S. or the world who like to wear diapers, etc., I usually answer by saying that there are enough of us to support an AB/DL industry. There's more than just adult baby diapers. There are a large variety of adult baby clothes and toddler sissy clothes. I think more people feel comfortable pursuing inner feelings that once were very taboo. Having the internet has also been a very big contributing factor, giving a place for so many more people with these desire, to buy products and to express themselves on sites such as this one.

It's insane how quickly the AB/DL diaper industry has exploded here recently. Just a few years ago there where only a few big brands like ABU and Bambino, but recently several of the smaller companies have taken off as well and really grown. I am amazed how many new products have launched in just the past few years from each company. It's good for the consumer since competition leads to innovation and hopefully better products and lower prices in the end. It's definitely a great time to be an AB/DL since there are so many companies and products to choose from.

dogboy said:
I've noticed the same thing. When the question comes up on this site, how many are there in the U. S. or the world who like to wear diapers, etc., I usually answer by saying that there are enough of us to support an AB/DL industry. There's more than just adult baby diapers. There are a large variety of adult baby clothes and toddler sissy clothes. I think more people feel comfortable pursuing inner feelings that once were very taboo. Having the internet has also been a very big contributing factor, giving a place for so many more people with these desire, to buy products and to express themselves on sites such as this one.

I want think of the whole wearing AB diapers as a thing that a small group of people partake in. But looking at pictures on Tumblr leads me to believe that there are far more people out than just on this small forum that may enjoy the occasional diaper. And there is no doubt the internet help people connect and form a community but also to grow as well.

Slightly OT, but if it is sold on Amazon Prime, that means it should be fulfilled by Amazon and shipped discreetly, right?

The ABDL industry caught on because the medical industry has proven its self to be totally incapable of making a product that meets the needs of the most vulnerable adults.

I suspect part of it is our slowly changing culture that finally realizes that some adults like activities and interests that are not age-appropriate. I think many of us feel a desire to let the inner child out more. Adult coloring books are huge now and parkour gyms (playgrounds for adults) are becoming more common as well. And lets not forget the adult romper craze!
With me it's been a slow realization that I don't have to suppress the harmless child inside me. I really hope that fact is sinking in with others.

Honeywell6180 said:
The ABDL industry caught on because the medical industry has proven its self to be totally incapable of making a product that meets the needs of the most vulnerable adults.

I am convinced that is a big part of it!

It must be growing though as it seems impossible for ABU to keep their products in stock.

Lifetime said:
No doubt that would be a better investment. Honestly I'm just surprised at the amount of choice we have when it comes to AB diapers. I kinda wondering when that is going to start getting more mainstream attention.

Maybe they would if the AB was removed.Just like other prefixes such as Baby, Medical, or Institutional.

Lifetime said:

I think the market is just in its development stage. There's always been a need that wasn't being met, the demand was bigger than the supply, but there weren't any/many big players in the market. Now that companies like Rearz, Bambino, DiaperConn, ABU, etc are showing that "hey, there's a demand that's not being met, and there's good business to be had!" it's attracting new attention. Because it's been that way though, a lot of people that had the desire are just now finding out that they're available and are getting into it because they're visible. This increases "visible demand", and is fueling further growth in the niche.

It'll settle out at some point in the near future I think, but for now we're definitely in a "growth era" in the ABDL market. More sellers is actually creating more buyers, and that then raises the bar further on demand, making room for even more sellers. It'll be a positive feedback loop like that for awhile until most of the "dormant ABDLs" enter the market and growth slows.

I've been noticing the expansion of the ABDL industry too and I'm all for it.

I love ABU but I'm glad they're having some competition. More products on the market for us and I'm expecting (and hoping for) competitive pricing coming soon.

Right now Tykables definitely has my attention with those Overnights and their refastenable tapes. If I'm going to place an order any time soon, I'm all for that.

LFB also just released 3 new diapers which I'm hoping to see a review on soon. Being so competitive with their prices I'm hoping to see LFB follow that trend further and break that standard $35 for 10 price point. I feel that's when things might start to get really interesting.

Lifetime said:
So I was looking to buy some more Carousel diapers cause I just ran out, when I went to the website I was shocked to find that their diapers are now being sold on Amazon and not only that but with Prime. I started searching more diapers on Amazon and also found Rearz Rebels with Prime and also Littleforbig is now selling diapers as well.

With the recent increase in choices regarding adult baby diapers I started wondering, "Is the industry really growing that fast?" and, "How is that even possible considering it's suppose to be a small market?"

I would like to know everyone's thoughts on the industry and it's growth over the past couple of years. To me it's a sign that there are far more people that are into diapers than we previously thought.

That's because there ARE way more abdl's than most previously though. Our market demand is quite literally into the hundreds of thousands- if not millions. The industry is just now starting to catch up to us, that's why it's growing so fast.

If wearing incontinence nappies becomes more acceptable in mainstream culture how's that going to effect genuine incontinent people because they could be perceived as wearing for fun. It could have an effect on their identity and we could lose ours? I think us becoming more mainstream is a bad thing personally.

bobbilly said:
If wearing incontinence nappies becomes more acceptable in mainstream culture how's that going to effect genuine incontinent people because they could be perceived as wearing for fun. It could have an effect on their identity and we could lose ours? I think us becoming more mainstream is a bad thing personally.

Honestly I don't think ABDL will ever truly become mainstream. Most people associate diapers with babies, the elderly, and human excrement so seeing it become a norm is highly unlikely. Maybe people adopting a more childlike mindset sure but diapers will likely be too far for many.

But let's say wearing diapers does become mainstream. That's good in my opinion. It'll help lighten some of the negative stigma and more people will catch on to the fact that the majority of the IC market in stores is utter garbage and demand higher quality product. And if people accuse others for wearing for fun over need, well that's their problem.

bobbilly said:

Or they may actually like it. Being incontinent myself I find I like seeing abdl become more widely accepted. I've never had diapers this good available for me to use before.

And as far as I say, when life gives you lemons you learn to like lemonade. When life puts you into diapers, you learn to like being a dl.

Slightly OT, but if it is sold on Amazon Prime, that means it should be fulfilled by Amazon and shipped discreetly, right?

I've ordered a lot of stuff off Amazon and have Prime as well. As far as I can tell everything that I've ordered Prime or not has shipped in unmarked boxes. I'm really hoping ABU starts selling on Amazon.

Last edited:
Sheepies said:
I've been noticing the expansion of the ABDL industry too and I'm all for it.

I love ABU but I'm glad they're having some competition. More products on the market for us and I'm expecting (and hoping for) competitive pricing coming soon.

Right now Tykables definitely has my attention with those Overnights and their refastenable tapes. If I'm going to place an order any time soon, I'm all for that.

LFB also just released 3 new diapers which I'm hoping to see a review on soon. Being so competitive with their prices I'm hoping to see LFB follow that trend further and break that standard $35 for 10 price point. I feel that's when things might start to get really interesting.

How has no one mentioned the New Tykables before?!? Also why are companies always making Velcro tabs but not making the diaper cloth-backed? I'm not a fan of the plastic backed diapers. Maybe I need to find one I like first, but I have only tried Cushies, and Magnificos. Am I missing something?

It's all about money. Amazon has cut into the profits of other companies and sells more for less. Free shipping. I went to buy pads from Tena but then found them a lot cheaper on Amazon. Buying from Amazon will be like buying from WalMart. You'll force the brick and mortar stores out of business and the smaller mom and pop stores, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back