Medical or AB diapers

Medical or AB diapers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what's available here, I tend to go for AB/DL diapers because the extra performance is very important to me.

I normally prefer medical diapers because of their often plain appearance and somewhat discretion. But I’m considering trying out some AB diapers like Tykables just out of curiosity.

tiny said:
I tend to prefer medical diapers, just because they seem to fit better. Also, I like plain white. :)

Same i like them in plain white too :smile1: , plus if ya got caught it is much easier to explain having medical diapers for a medical problem compared to AB diapers.

AB diapers. ABUniverse’s Simple diaper fits, performs, and is the most comfortable for any length of time I have worn. AB companies listen to their purchasers to make money which lets them make a better product, medical comapnies listen too much to making money to really care. Unfortunately people don’t realize better products exist away from the medical companies.

I find AB nappies worse then medical nappies. I have tried ABU Cushies, ABU Lanvender, ABU Super Kids Dry, Bambino Bellissimo, Bambino Classico, MyDiaper Animals and I found that all of them don't wick pee to the back of the nappy meaning all the sap gets used in the front and it's not distributed evenly. That's why I don't like AB nappies. Same with Tena Slip Active fit. They don't wick to the back meaning half the nappy isn't used. I thrown out all my AB nappies for that reason and will only buy UK Attends and Molicare Slip Maxi as I think are better.

I picked medical, I wear Molicare purples and now blue and ATN's mostly, but that's when I'm within easy distance of getting home. If flying, I like to wear a Bambino bianco stretch or a Betterdry for better usability. I guess these last two aren't true medical diapers as they are designed and manufactured by the AB/DL companies but being plain white I see no reason they can't fit that purpose.
As for mentions of IC people disliking AB/DL companies and their products, I don't think they realise how much better their choice now is for quality diapers. It's kind of like celiac sufferers having their choices for food made so much larger and better/easier by wankers who bang on about needing to stick to gluten free diets etc when they really don't need to and can eat anything with no ramifications :)

ClickyKeys said:
I put no preference because I use a plain white version of a diaper that was originally made for the AB market. (Rearz Inspire+ InControl)

I votes ABDL diaper for the same reason. This poll needed a "plain white" option. I would rather not have a medical look, and I like ABDL and plain white diapers equally. (depends on my mood!)

Prefer white versions of AB diapers but i am very fond om my m4s.

Medical due to cost of AB/DL diapers. I just can justify spending 35 dollars or more for ten diapers no matter how cute they are. ATN’s do the job for me. Although someday I would love to try abu space diapers.

bobbilly said:
I find AB nappies worse then medical nappies. I have tried ABU Cushies, ABU Lanvender, ABU Super Kids Dry, Bambino Bellissimo, Bambino Classico, MyDiaper Animals and I found that all of them don't wick pee to the back of the nappy meaning all the sap gets used in the front and it's not distributed evenly. That's why I don't like AB nappies. Same with Tena Slip Active fit. They don't wick to the back meaning half the nappy isn't used. I thrown out all my AB nappies for that reason and will only buy UK Attends and Molicare Slip Maxi as I think are better.

Do you ever do the vertical fold on your diapers to activate the channels?

High capacity diapers that are folded (all of them come tri folded in my experience) cause horizontal channels which have 2 bad effects, 1st is to channel liquid toward the legs which can lead to leaks, the 2nd is to compress the pulp causing a barrier that way block liquid flow to the rest of the diaper.

Last edited:
We are missing the third category of premium diapers. Neither medical grade, or abdl, they are thick, white, and work really good.

Slomo said:
We are missing the third category of premium diapers. Neither medical grade, or abdl, they are thick, white, and work really good.

Is that Betterdry, ABU Simples, MyDiaper Nacht White and Bambino Bianco?

Argent said:
Is that Betterdry, ABU Simples, MyDiaper Nacht White and Bambino Bianco?

Pretty much yes, although ABU, Mydiaper and Bambino aren't acutely premium grade- they certainly are way better than medical diapers. I was actually thinking of Betterdry, Confidry, and Northshore supreme, but you've got the point. Not all diapers are strictly medical or ab.

Even though I love my M4's, if I'm going to wear diapers for fun the might as well as have a fun print on them.

puppyz said:
I picked medical, I wear Molicare purples and now blue and ATN's mostly, but that's when I'm within easy distance of getting home. If flying, I like to wear a Bambino bianco stretch or a Betterdry for better usability. I guess these last two aren't true medical diapers as they are designed and manufactured by the AB/DL companies but being plain white I see no reason they can't fit that purpose.
As for mentions of IC people disliking AB/DL companies and their products, I don't think they realise how much better their choice now is for quality diapers. It's kind of like celiac sufferers having their choices for food made so much larger and better/easier by wankers who bang on about needing to stick to gluten free diets etc when they really don't need to and can eat anything with no ramifications :)

Oh, it's not our products that, I get the feeling, a few solely IC people, even here, wish would go jump in a lake. It's ABDLs, in general. Our products can stay, as long as it's the all white ones, but we're too weird to continue existing, it seems. I'm being overly sensitive, I'm sure.

As for me, I am stuck wearing cheap "House Brand" full diapers, both from WALMART and WALGREEN's.
I have to be conscious of my limited SSDI Income Budget.

Slomo said:

Yes, My kind of diaper.

Argent said:
Do you ever do the vertical fold on your diapers to activate the channels?

High capacity diapers that are folded (all of them) cause horizontal channels which have 2 bad effects, 1st is to channel liquid toward the legs which can lead to leaks, the 2nd is to compress the pulp causing a barrier to easy liquid flow.

I don't think I'm understanding you right here. I fold ALL of my overnight diapers the same way, with a vertical channel and it usually works very well for me. At least it works the same for all the different kinds of diapers I wear overnight. (and I do like variety)

I have noticed that sometimes it can "Y" just as its getting out of the crotch in the back, due to the back getting a vertical crease inward in it, but I try to avoid that. Sometimes It's persistent though. Pictures maybe?

bambinod said:
I don't think I'm understanding you right here. I fold ALL of my overnight diapers the same way, with a vertical channel and it usually works very well for me. At least it works the same for all the different kinds of diapers I wear overnight. (and I do like variety)

I have noticed that sometimes it can "Y" just as its getting out of the crotch in the back, due to the back getting a vertical crease inward in it, but I try to avoid that. Sometimes It's persistent though. Pictures maybe?

I just meant all diapees come trifolded in their packs which creates potential bad channels :(

Folding vertical seems to fix that for me (I think same for you) :)

Yes though for certain pictures are needed in a thread and IMO would be a useful sticky in this forum ;)

**edited my original post, hope it makes sense now!

Last edited:
As a Hard and Heavy, so if I'd select some diaper, it'd be some black one, like this:
s-l300.jpg
Never tryed that, I used only "normal" Tena, Incopack, Abriform etc... Because economic and acessibility reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back