Status
Not open for further replies.

MDD1920

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
So I have a question to those who wear cloth & disposable diapers.

Whenever you sleep day or night, does a disposable diaper get sweaty & maybe a little humid? Or is that with cloth diapers?

For anyone who wonders why I asked there's no A/C at my house & I'm trying to conserve my disposable diapers since I don't have a big stash unfortunately, plus I read on wikihow that cloth diapers might be comfortable during warm nights than with disposable diapers.

I've never worn a cloth diaper so I don't know how to compare it to a disposable diaper, some people might know a little more info than I do.

Hey there. I'm IC and use a mix of cloth and disposable diapers.

I personally find my cloth diapers a little more comfortable in the heat, but unfortunately we just need to grin and bear it either way.

I wear both cloth and disposable. What I did find is that plastic pants are a lot hotter to sleep in with my cloth diaper.
My solution was that I switched to PUL panties and problem solved. Plus I do sleep in AC. Also found out my first PUL
panties lasted 4 years, which I replaced over the summer. What wore out was the elastic, not the matl itself.

I usually wear cloth diapers and plastic pants at night, but even f I wear a disposable, either one will usually be wet when I wake up in the morning.

Both make me hot and sweaty and I perfer a nice plastic backed one. I usually sleep in just a T-shirts and diaper or under a pair of shorts. I also keep a box fan blowing on me all night and I sleep like a baby literally!

I've NEVER worn a cloth one.

I wore dispies as a kid and wear the dispies now.

I haven't noticed my diapers making me sweatier than usual in the night.

I've been wearing often (not daily, but often) for more than 30 years, and I have a love-hate relationship with both cloth and disposables.

If you grew up in cloth diapers, as I did, nothing feels better. I still enjoy being pinned into a prefold that's fresh from the dryer. However, cloth diapers are hot in the summertime and plastic pants are always necessary. I found that, while being changed, my caregiver would inadvertently pull down the diaper when she pulled off the plastic pants. That - as much as anything else - prompted my switch to pocket diapers, which are cooler, easier to conceal, and very colorful. They are also very easy for anyone to change, since they snap rather than pin. Laundry is considerably easier since only the insert is soaking wet. However, they don't absorb like a prefold, and they leak after an hour or so.

I was wearing ABU Space yesterday and thought that this might just be the perfect large-capacity diaper. However, they are expensive and bulky. I have Tena Active Fit for times when I'm out and about, and they are not nearly as comfortable as ABU Space. Downsides include expense (regardless of your disposable of choice, cost is always an issue) and the need to have large boxes coming to your door.

If I had to pick my favorite diaper, I'd probably opt for the cloth all-in-ones that velcro closed or snap. Dependeco makes these now; Snap-EZ used to. I'm beginning to think that convenience means more to me than comfort these days, and I imagine I'll be using more and more disposables as time goes by.

sbmccue said:
I've been wearing often (not daily, but often) for more than 30 years, and I have a love-hate relationship with both cloth and disposables.

If you grew up in cloth diapers, as I did, nothing feels better. I still enjoy being pinned into a prefold that's fresh from the dryer. However, cloth diapers are hot in the summertime and plastic pants are always necessary. I found that, while being changed, my caregiver would inadvertently pull down the diaper when she pulled off the plastic pants. That - as much as anything else - prompted my switch to pocket diapers, which are cooler, easier to conceal, and very colorful. They are also very easy for anyone to change, since they snap rather than pin. Laundry is considerably easier since only the insert is soaking wet. However, they don't absorb like a prefold, and they leak after an hour or so.

I was wearing ABU Space yesterday and thought that this might just be the perfect large-capacity diaper. However, they are expensive and bulky. I have Tena Active Fit for times when I'm out and about, and they are not nearly as comfortable as ABU Space. Downsides include expense (regardless of your disposable of choice, cost is always an issue) and the need to have large boxes coming to your door.

If I had to pick my favorite diaper, I'd probably opt for the cloth all-in-ones that velcro closed or snap. Dependeco makes these now; Snap-EZ used to. I'm beginning to think that convenience means more to me than comfort these days, and I imagine I'll be using more and more disposables as time goes by.
I am IC and a switch hitter, cloth breathes a lot more than plastic ,I gravitate to my cloth as goto daily drivers but if I plan to be away from home for the day or traveling that gets a disposable different days/goals different diapers, in cloth I'm an Angelfluff guy for disposable my base model is an ATN,most people would say what does an ATN offer ? I catheterize 5 X's a day so I just change at the same point , but because of the wheelchair changing may not happen due to time and place so I'll rock a Northshore or Rearz all day .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I never found reusable cloth to be more or less breathabke than plastic disposables. Not shure how others are experiencing this difference, as I found a good waterproof diaper cover to be a necessity with cloth. That cover (I prefere pul pants) is every bit non-breathable as the plastic shell of a disposable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back