First Time being Diapered During a Test at the Hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodnitesboy22

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So this is probably my first or second post but I just wanted to tell you all my experience with wearing while having procedures done at the hospital. A little background; I'm 23 years old and started having urinary incontinence issues around a year ago. So today I had a ultrasound scheduled for 6:15 PM for my abdominal area. I had already planned on wearing during the procedure just to see what it was like. Well I got off work drove my daily commute home. When I arrived home I quickly changed out of my work jeans and collard t-shirt into my Abena M4, sweet pants and a t-shirt. After that I started packing a backpack with an Abena, wipes, and diaper rash cream just incase they asked me to change out of my diaper. After that I jumped in the car and headed toward the hospital. Apon arrival I made sure I had my insurance card and ID and started walking in. Once inside I checked in, got my hospital bracelet and the lady told me to head towards radiology. Once at radiology I checked in there and sat down to wait for them to bring me back. A lady came through the door and called my last name and said, "Hi my names Amy I'll be doing your ultrasound today follow me.". On the way back to my room Amy asked me what was going on. I said that I was having a lot of abdominal pain and urinary incontinence during the day and sometimes during the day. When I got in the room I emptied my pockets and Amy instructed me to lay down on the bed with my hands above my head. She then pulled my shirt up saw my Abena and stuffed a towel around my waste so the ultrasound gel didn't get all over me. After that she squirted gel on my belly and began the procedure. During the ultrasound I could feel my Abena getting warm, I was hoping it wouldn't leak, thankfully it lasted the whole time. Overall it was a unique experience and I'm glad I didn't chicken out and not wear my Abena. I expected to be very nervous but actually the lady was very nice and understanding and I was nervous at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jamestown
I wore a nappy to all my tests when I first became incontinent and nothing was said about it. I guess they see it all the time after all it was the urology dept.

Reactions: Jamestown
Well, I barely remember when I was diapered for the first time as it was such a long time ago, but still I will say that I was nervous and had this anxious, unpleasant feeling as well. Especially as, pretty soon afterwards I have realized, that I will be forced to wear diapers for the bigger part of my life. It's nice, that you had a nice lady that has gotten you through this process. As an advice that I can give you is that you need to stop caring about wearing diapers and all this stuff - it's just not worth worrying about those sort of things. I have realized, that a man has do what he gotta in life and focus on bigger, broader perspective.

Because of my urge incontinence, I’ve been wearing a diaper 24/7 for about 30 years. During that time, I’ve had many different kinds of medical tests. My experience has been that, unless the test has something to do with my bladder or my incontinence, the fact that I’m wearing a diaper is rarely mentioned.

I've had my share of medical tests, both urological and non-urological, and the past few years I've been diapered for the majority of them. For non-urological tests it's generally not even mentioned, even if the nurse or technician can obviously see that I'm wearing a diaper. They've seen lots of patients with diapers, along with all sorts of other medical appliances, and it's just not a big deal to them. My urologist has seen my diaper during exams, but again it's not really brought up much since I'm there for incontinence, among other things.

I think we make a bigger deal out of wearing diapers than most medical professionals do.

Seconded on that. I wore a diaper all the way into the or for my turp surgery. It was very obvious, yet nobody ever said anything. After the surgery I was not diapered, but was leaking blood and urine past my catheter.

When I was finally able to get up and clean myself I made sure to diaper up again. When my doctor came in to check on me I showed him my diaper so he could see how much blood I was leaking. He said that was normal, and the diaper was a good idea for containing the leaking.

Diapers in the hospital are not something to be ashamed of.

while i havent worn diapers to the hospital for tests, it is very obvious that thestaff is used to seeing tbem--there are stacks of adult diapers everywhere!

I once had to go to the hospital for some tests I was out of the non-printed diapers. So I went in with print diapers that I had available. The nurse and doctors did really say anything about them. But I saw the reactions on their face like they never see any adult printed diapers.

Diacath said:
I once had to go to the hospital for some tests I was out of the non-printed diapers. So I went in with print diapers that I had available. The nurse and doctors did really say anything about them. But I saw the reactions on their face like they never see any adult printed diapers.

What did they say?

They didn't really say anything. They just gave me that look like that's new.

nurses seen everything it's hard to throw one off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back