Pacifier Not "Breathing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

417PlacesToGo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My ex-boyfriend bought me a Baby Pants pacifier some months ago. However, I find myself not particularly enjoying using it because it doesn't "breathe" when I suck on it; my standard white Nuk 5 seems to inflate and deflate as I suck on it, which feels much more natural and comfortable, but it seems like the Baby Pants one is sealed. Is there some way I can make the Baby Pants one more like the Nuk 5 without damaging it? Some specific way to pierce it or something? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you take a good look at that pacifier, you should see that it can come apart. The ring can be removed and that allows the button to come free. The teat is still attached, and when you pull the button back, you should be able to see where the teat is anchored to the button. When you have a good idea where this is, relative to the backside of the button, you could drill a small hole in the button and then your pacifier will breathe.

I had this same initial concern with this pacifier when I got it. I considered drilling and discussed it with people on IRC (one member drilled and was happy with the results). In the end, I decided I actually liked it better holding its air. I wind up having to occasionally take it apart and re-seat it in order to get a reasonable air-filled bulb. I hope you'll be happy with whatever action or inaction you take.

The best solution is to put a hole in the center of the thing the retaining center goes to. Then it will breathe. This can be done with an icepick or drill. I did it to mine. Note that the BabyPants paci is really, really awful, particularly the nipple. I strongly recommend splurging and getting an Adultpacifier.com one. Go here and choose the Orthodontic Latex Long Stem Size 7: https://www.adultpacifier.com/pacifiers/customizable-modified-adult-guard.html

Reactions: UberFriendly
NovaDL said:
The best solution is to put a hole in the center of the thing the retaining center goes to. Then it will breathe. This can be done with an icepick or drill. I did it to mine. Note that the BabyPants paci is really, really awful, particularly the nipple. I strongly recommend splurging and getting an Adultpacifier.com one. Go here and choose the Orthodontic Latex Long Stem Size 7: https://www.adultpacifier.com/pacifiers/customizable-modified-adult-guard.html

Although I didn't care for the seam on the silicone nipple that came with the pacifier, I used it until it wore out. I was much happier to get cheap white NUK pacifiers with latex nipples and swap those in as need be. I like the size and feel of the shield. It's a common enough style now but I think they were the first to offer that size and feel at a low price.

Trevor said:
If you take a good look at that pacifier, you should see that it can come apart. The ring can be removed and that allows the button to come free. The teat is still attached, and when you pull the button back, you should be able to see where the teat is anchored to the button. When you have a good idea where this is, relative to the backside of the button, you could drill a small hole in the button and then your pacifier will breathe.

I had this same initial concern with this pacifier when I got it. I considered drilling and discussed it with people on IRC (one member drilled and was happy with the results). In the end, I decided I actually liked it better holding its air. I wind up having to occasionally take it apart and re-seat it in order to get a reasonable air-filled bulb. I hope you'll be happy with whatever action or inaction you take.
I ended up taking this advice and essentially just using a strong thumbtack to make the hole. I'm a little disappointed about the visible hole, but I guess it's not a big deal. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The shield honestly isn't that good. The problem is adults have a more pronounced chin so it tends to be uncomfortable. That's why the place I mentioned uses a butterfly-shaped guard. That said, a NUK nipple on a Babypants guard actually extends farther than the original nipple, and hugely improves that pacifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back