Thread: lil help!

Default lil help!

Need to know how to fix a
    Disc error 01, AX=0201, drive 80

google was no help

Also need to know hoy to fix
    -Video (Mono/CGA Display Circuitry) issue.One Long and Two Short Beeps
    -Logic board problem.
    -Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information
    -Conventional/Extended memory failure

Butterfly Mage

I recognize some of those codes. That sounds like a REALLY old computer. CGA/MGA was used between 1979 and 1984, right?

But the Z80 and i8088 processors will never go out of style. They're not found on the desktop anymore -- they have new homes in microwave ovens, coffee makers, and alarm systems!

That error sometimes indicates drives being jumpered incorrectly, or incorrect bios settings for your drives. It also may indicate a corrupted MBR sector on whatever drive you're trying to boot from.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    That error sometimes indicates drives being jumpered incorrectly, or incorrect bios settings for your drives. It also may indicate a corrupted MBR sector on whatever drive you're trying to boot from.
    Yep, he's nailed it. The error means your OS is missing/or has a corrupted MBR, and cannot boot into your selected OS...which is your case I'm assuming is Windows/Linux? Anyways, you could fix the MBR with a start-up boot disk, (if Windows, just use the Windows installation disk, it should fix it automatically), if using linux, the disk tools should help you again).

Good luck.