Diaper rash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandenDL4ever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have started wearing more frequently then just at night, i normally powder up and put a fresh diaper on but not on tight. I understand the faster you change a wet diaper the better but theres a few times i have to wait and sometimes get a rash. What are some better remedies for preventing and curing i am a young adult btw. Like whats baby oil good for? Baby lotion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Desitin, and Johnsons Baby Lotion. Works great, and smells wonderful too :)

I use 'Blue Star Ointment', it solved my diaper rash problem. I've never had another rash since I started using it.

I can only remember a couple times I've gotten a rash only from a wet diaper. I get pimples on the sides of my hips somewhat often, but no rash. I don't use any ointment, just a mix of cornstarch and talc, and tend to wear higher sap diapers that don't let my skin feel so wet.

Once I get diaper rash in a specific place, it seems I am very prone to get it there again more easily; this leads me to think that once you get diaper rash, the bacteria that creates it does not die off just as soon as the rash is gone, but lives on for an extent of time. I have been battling a case of diaper rash now for over a year, and finally getting the upper hand I think. Up until recently I have only been using Desitin when I was in diapers, but about a month ago I decided to go all out. Now, after a diaper change, or after a shower, or putting on underwear, etc etc.. i apply a thin coat of Desitin. So I am applying two to three times a day, going "24/7' with it and I think I finally am winning the battle. I would say use Desitin, and apply it religiously twice as long as the rash is still a problem.

When I get a rash, I use sudocrem it works wonders.

Sendt fra min BTV-W09 med Tapatalk

Not for everyone but if it is a bacterial rash from overlong in wet diapers then I find Lavender oil (essential) wipes out topographical infections really effectively.

I did read your post where you said it is due to having to wait to change but if it was a rash from an intolerance to the diaper instead Lavender oil wouldn’t help I would use Bepanthin

Be aware not all itch & burning is diaper rash, I had a minor issue that refused to clear up with Desitin and turned out to be jock itch, a fungal thing that Aftate quickly wiped out.

Nam Repaid said:
Be aware not all itch & burning is diaper rash, I had a minor issue that refused to clear up with Desitin and turned out to be jock itch, a fungal thing that Aftate quickly wiped out.

Nam is totally right, I spent almost five months this summer with what I thought it was a rough rash, suddenly I thought "dang, maybe it's fungus rash like jock itch" I tried first one type of fungus cream but it didn't work for me, I was still sweating and not healing. After spending certain amount of money on that cream, I decided to ask the pharmacist for a different one explaining my issue and the second one worked perfectly fine. I kept the empty tube to remember the brand. I'm happily back to normal.

randy1959 said:
Once I get diaper rash in a specific place, it seems I am very prone to get it there again more easily; this leads me to think that once you get diaper rash, the bacteria that creates it does not die off just as soon as the rash is gone, but lives on for an extent of time. I have been battling a case of diaper rash now for over a year, and finally getting the upper hand I think. Up until recently I have only been using Desitin when I was in diapers, but about a month ago I decided to go all out. Now, after a diaper change, or after a shower, or putting on underwear, etc etc.. i apply a thin coat of Desitin. So I am applying two to three times a day, going "24/7' with it and I think I finally am winning the battle. I would say use Desitin, and apply it religiously twice as long as the rash is still a problem.

That sounds more like a bacterial infection. Not a rash. If a rash doesn't go away within a few days then you're either not airing out enough, using the right combination of cream AND ointment, or it's bacterial and you need to use some lotramin or dr.schols.

If it's just a diaper rash and you want something preventive, try Aveeno Baby cream because it has Dimethicone ointment in it, something they use in hospitals,

Another idea is 'Witch Hazel'. A topical stringent, it CAN *STING* if you've already got an irritation going, so use cautiously. A side-note to this product: Allow the treated area to TOTALLY dry, before applying anything else! Very important.

B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back