Embarrassing moment buying girls goodnites

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan2127

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I was in a walmart the other day with the purpose of trying the girls goodnites.

I nervously wandered over to that isle and put them in my hand basket. As i make my way over to the self checkout isle, i notice an attractive lady in her 30s maybe.

She was at the desk where they make sure no one steals anything or deals with problems in the self checkout.

So i chose the one furthest from her for obvious reasons. I scan the goodnites and the bag of chips i bought. My adrenaline gets pumping as i scan and put them in the bag because at this point no one can see them!! all i have to do is pay debit by myself! Next thing i realize is my card gets declined in the fricken machine!! My heart stopped. I try again, still no luck. Then it says "see cashier" and at this point im ready faint lol i went over to the cashier and she had to come over. she looked at what i had in the bag and made a weird impression on her face. I was trying so hard not to blush lol. Anyways, she fixed it for me and i got them successfully. That was the first time anyting like that has happened to me, just bad luck i guess.

anytime you buy diapers or goodnites just think to yourself they are for my lil sister or my grandmother. no ones going to ask about them ever. mind over matter.

I know this too well. One of my Cousins almost caught me buying Drynites... I felt like I was about to die from the Shock

Back in 2013 I was buying baby diapers, a bottle, and a sippy cup (among other things) at the Walmart self-checkout and it wasn't working right, so the woman had to come over twice and also looked in my bag. She made the little comment ''We got your diapers...'' and it was like yeah, if only you knew they were MY diapers...

At least when you buy baby diapers or goodnights (and you are an adult) the presumption is that they are NOT for you.

A long time back I was at RiteAid and plopped a bag of adult briefs and a box of baby wipes on the checkout counter. The chatty girl at the register asked how old my baby was. I pointed at the adult diapers and noted that both items were for me. Now, she was the one embarrassed.

willnotwill said:
At least when you buy baby diapers or goodnights (and you are an adult) the presumption is that they are NOT for you.

A long time back I was at RiteAid and plopped a bag of adult briefs and a box of baby wipes on the checkout counter. The chatty girl at the register asked how old my baby was. I pointed at the adult diapers and noted that both items were for me. Now, she was the one embarrassed.

I've sometimes wondered if, faced with a similar interaction, I would have the guts to make such an admission, in a nonchalant way. Maybe if I was alone, but not with my mother along. Although seeing I would likely be buying baby diapers or training pants in a store, the cashier would probably assume I was joking...

I find that the older I get, the less embarrassed I get. In my teens and 20s, I was mortified that anybody might think that I was buying diapers or similar things for me. At some point in my early 30s, I realized that most people don't notice things like what I'm buying, most people don't care even if they do notice, and if someone realizes I'm buying diapers for myself they're likely to react with sympathy.

I remember an incident years ago when I was buying diapers at a local drug store. It was a big store with supermarket-style checkout lines, and I was standing in line holding a package of Attends down in front of me hoping that nobody else in the line could really see what I had. When I put them on the counter, the clerk told me that she'd wondered what I was holding down there out of sight, then said that she'd just started getting those for her mother and asked if they worked well for me. I think I turned about fifteen shades of red and mumbled that they were for my father. I paid for them and almost ran out of the store and back to my car, I was so embarrassed!

ltaluv said:
I find that the older I get, the less embarrassed I get. In my teens and 20s, I was mortified that anybody might think that I was buying diapers or similar things for me. At some point in my early 30s, I realized that most people don't notice things like what I'm buying, most people don't care even if they do notice, and if someone realizes I'm buying diapers for myself they're likely to react with sympathy.

I remember an incident years ago when I was buying diapers at a local drug store. It was a big store with supermarket-style checkout lines, and I was standing in line holding a package of Attends down in front of me hoping that nobody else in the line could really see what I had. When I put them on the counter, the clerk told me that she'd wondered what I was holding down there out of sight, then said that she'd just started getting those for her mother and asked if they worked well for me. I think I turned about fifteen shades of red and mumbled that they were for my father. I paid for them and almost ran out of the store and back to my car, I was so embarrassed!

Im starting to realize all of this. Everyone is in their own head space when grocery shopping. But ya, at the end of the day, no matter how embarrassing the interaction is, we end up with diapers to bring home lol

I've never had any truly embarrassing experiences when buying diapers. Even when I was 13 and buying Pampers with my allowance--I was very nervous, but nobody ever seemed to care. I did have one amusing experience just a couple of years ago, however, where the cashier saw my bag of size-six Pampers and asked, "Do you have a four-year-old at home?" Coincidentally, my son was four years old at the time (though fully potty-trained), and so I answered, quite truthfully, "As a matter of fact, I do. I have a four-year-old boy." The cashier proceeded to congratulate herself on her intuition for these kinds of things, and I paid for the diapers and left.

In hindsight, it was *almost* the perfect opportunity to confuse and/or horrify her with something like, "Yes, but the baby is 38." If I'd been in some unfamiliar town and unfamiliar store, that might have been fun to do, but as this was a store in my neighborhood, it seemed best to let her keep her narrative.

I know that fear all too well.

I've been asked if I needed help with baby things once. Which was really embarrassing but I tried to remain neutral.

My go to excuse is "Sure, I'm looking for a gift for my niece/nephew. They like (whatever I'm looking for, like Lion King), do you guys carry anything like that?"

I also look back and forth at my phone and the isle like I'm reading a shopping list. Not that anyone really cares, but I just get so nervous lol

Sheepies said:
My go to excuse is "Sure, I'm looking for a gift for my niece/nephew. They like (whatever I'm looking for, like Lion King), do you guys carry anything like that?"

I usually go with "I've got friends flying in this weekend, I can't remember exactly how old their youngest kid is, I'm just trying to be prepared." Gives me a bit of wiggle room to be confused about what I need and not have good answers.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Although seeing I would likely be buying baby diapers or training pants in a store, the cashier would probably assume I was joking...

One time buying Pull-ups at a supermarket the bag lady joked that they were for me. I guess I didn't laugh it off because she quickly said that she was joking. Pretty funny. (this was before the glorious gender-specific Goodnites, amen!)

The one time that I bought from a drug store, the cute checkout girl gave me a sympathetic look. *sigh*

Prairie said:
One time buying Pull-ups at a supermarket the bag lady joked that they were for me. I guess I didn't laugh it off because she quickly said that she was joking. Pretty funny. (this was before the glorious gender-specific Goodnites, amen!)

If someone asked if they were for me, I might just say ''Yes!''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back