Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scheduled a dr appointment, pretty nervous.

Default Scheduled a dr appointment, pretty nervous.

So Iíve scheduled a dr appointment for a general check up. I need to bring up my wetting issues as Iím beginning to become slightly concerned as my bladder control is decreasing. I find myself dripping pretty regularly and have a stream with very little notice quite often. I donít feel comfortable out of diapers but at the same time Iím embarrassed to wear a diaper to a dr appointment. I love wearing diapers and have wished for incontince for a long time, why I donít know but I canít seem to change these feelings. I need help, what should I do?

Be honest with your doctor, they will understand. Relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seconded. You are much better off being completely open and honest about your health issues with any doctor. After all, they can't help you if they don't have the full picture. And, If you show up without a diaper on but say you're always needing them, then that would make him question what you're saying.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ehorton View Post
    I need to bring up my wetting issues as Iím beginning to become slightly concerned as my bladder control is decreasing....love wearing diapers and have wished for incontince for a long time, why I donít know but I canít seem to change these feelings. I need help, what should I do?
    Firstly, good on you for recognising you need to start getting proper medical help for your bladder issue. It is always so difficult to face medical stuff and it is those initial, tentative steps that feel the hardest. It seems to me, from what you have said, that there are two issues here. You need to explain to your doctor that you have been having issues with your bladder for some time and you are apprehensive about whether to wear a diaper to the appointment. The second is that you have always dreamed of being incontinent and now it is possibly happening you feel a little lost. If I have missed anything please let me know.

If you have been wearing protection to deal with the dripping then changing your routine to save a little embarrassment may not make much difference to your overall situation. It would appear that you need to explain to the doctor how you have been managing your condition so far. What use would it be to leave out the diapers to save face when you are going to be talking about wetting issues in the first place. I totally understand how it would cause embarrassment and the conversation will be difficult but lying to a health care professional could lead to them diagnosing incorrectly and prescribing the incorrect treatment.

Thinking on this further, worrying you may not get the correct treatment may be a bit of a stretch when the only part you will be leaving out is the practicalities of using a diaper to contain the actual issue. As long as you speak openly about the dribbling you should be fine. It comes down to how comfortable you feel in the discussion and what information the doctor actually needs. It may be perfectly fine to leave out the diaper part if you feel it will be too much to deal with. What is important is that you seek the doctors help and get on a path to recovery as not seeking help for problems like this can lead to worse things in the future.

This brings us onto the next point concerning your fantasies of being incontinent. Reading many of the communities stories here I have not seen any that include any enjoyment of being incontinent. There are plenty who have explained they have learned to accept it and possibly enjoy the diaper side of it but I will look to others with more experience to give their thoughts on this aspect of incontinence. My overall opinion, and it is just that, is that your pursuit of incontinence could lead to serious harm to not only your physical health, but your life in general. It would be better to seek a remedy for the dribbling before it gets worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherFaith View Post
    Firstly, good on you for recognising you need to start getting proper medical help for your bladder issue. It is always so difficult to face medical stuff and it is those initial, tentative steps that feel the hardest. It seems to me, from what you have said, that there are two issues here. You need to explain to your doctor that you have been having issues with your bladder for some time and you are apprehensive about whether to wear a diaper to the appointment. The second is that you have always dreamed of being incontinent and now it is possibly happening you feel a little lost. If I have missed anything please let me know.

If you have been wearing protection to deal with the dripping then changing your routine to save a little embarrassment may not make much difference to your overall situation. It would appear that you need to explain to the doctor how you have been managing your condition so far. What use would it be to leave out the diapers to save face when you are going to be talking about wetting issues in the first place. I totally understand how it would cause embarrassment and the conversation will be difficult but lying to a health care professional could lead to them diagnosing incorrectly and prescribing the incorrect treatment.

Thinking on this further, worrying you may not get the correct treatment may be a bit of a stretch when the only part you will be leaving out is the practicalities of using a diaper to contain the actual issue. As long as you speak openly about the dribbling you should be fine. It comes down to how comfortable you feel in the discussion and what information the doctor actually needs. It may be perfectly fine to leave out the diaper part if you feel it will be too much to deal with. What is important is that you seek the doctors help and get on a path to recovery as not seeking help for problems like this can lead to worse things in the future.

This brings us onto the next point concerning your fantasies of being incontinent. Reading many of the communities stories here I have not seen any that include any enjoyment of being incontinent. There are plenty who have explained they have learned to accept it and possibly enjoy the diaper side of it but I will look to others with more experience to give their thoughts on this aspect of incontinence. My overall opinion, and it is just that, is that your pursuit of incontinence could lead to serious harm to not only your physical health, but your life in general. It would be better to seek a remedy for the dribbling before it gets worse.
    Actually, I'm incontinent not by choice, and still love it. Though I do wish my circumstances and how I became this way were diffrent. The best way I can describe it is maybe a little like being transgendered. My body didn't feel right not always leaking, and being a slave to the toilet felt wrong. I'm much more happier being diaper dependent now. Rashes, leaks and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    Actually, I'm incontinent not by choice, and still love it. Though I do wish my circumstances and how I became this way were diffrent. The best way I can describe it is maybe a little like being transgendered. My body didn't feel right not always leaking, and being a slave to the toilet felt wrong. I'm much more happier being diaper dependent now. Rashes, leaks and all.
    Fair enough, I stand corrected, but glad I explained would let other who know about these things discuss that part.

Motherfaith- thank you so much for the feedback and encouragement, thatís what makes this site so incredible. I donít really think I have much of a choice as to whether i wear a diaper to the appointment. A diaper is much less embarrassing than wet pants in front of others.
    The desire to become incontinent is something that I struggle with mightily. Itís amazing when Iíve got my diapers on. But over the last couple of weeks the leaking and accidents when I couldnít be diapered have been awful. So I donít know what to want.

@MotherFaith - I'm in a similar situation as the OP, with regard to going to a doctor shortly (Tuesday, actually), and I find your advice on the money, including your last paragraph.

At the start of the month, I started noting what I was experiencing, and how I was responding. I initially thought to keep my wearing nappies out of it, but over the last week, decided to include wearing, as I'm finding nappies a practical response to the pull-up leaks, and the floodings I've been experiencing.

I find your last paragraph thoughtful, and making me introspectively think about what i'm experiencing / feeling / doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehorton View Post
    A diaper is much less embarrassing than wet pants in front of others.
    This is one of the mantras that is repeated here all the time.

good luck and let us know how it goes. I always wonder how doctors evaluate these sort of issues. If you had a bladder infection, I think you would know. dribbling and a stream without urges, that will take some investigating. Your DR. visit is the first step to finding an answer.