Goodnites tru fit - found a deal + travel prep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambling

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hi everyone,
First post here. I'm not an AB/DL or IC but I have my first transatlantic flight coming up and as a plane bathroom hater and frequent traveler I'm willing to experiment to save myself some stress.

Anyways, I read the threads about Tru-Fit here and as a small adult figured I'd give them a try. In the past I remembered seeing some really random cheap stuff at Rexall on the clearance shelf as I couldn't really justify $25 for the starter pack.

Well, I needed a price check but the clearance shelf at rexall had several starters packs in both sizes for $6.86! Definitely worth experimenting with for that price. Of course I failed to check the actual aisle for the refill packs.

Not sure if it fits me yet, but from what I've read and the peek I took at the underwear inside my bag (open) it looks like it should fit! I'll obviously test at home and I have a domestic flight next week, too.

Now just figuring out where to hide them, though should not be too hard as neither component (the underwear or pads) are obvious and my room is a disaster haha.

Be sure to test them while sitting, and both moving and sitting still after wetting for ~5 minutes to make sure they're not going to leak on you. Also see how many times you can wet them without changing.

So do you plan to change on the plane or do you need a diaper that can last you the whole flight? I don't think I'd trust an overnight pullup for more than one serious wetting while sitting down.

Trufit is a pullup. No pullup is intended to absorb a full bladder of urine, and certainly not all at once. You "might" be able to get away with small releases every 15-30 minutes, but you will still need to figure out how to change it in those coffin like bathrooms. Likely every 2 hours too.

You should seriously consider high capacity, tape style diapers. They will greatly reduce how often you will need to change, and are much much more easier to change when standing up. Plus, they are nowhere near as likely to leak while sitting.

I also highly recommend you try both types out extensively before your flight. Try changing in a standard bathroom stall too (or better yet a port-a-potty), and do it several times. If you can't manage changing it there, then you certainly won't be able to change on an airplane.

For what it's worth, I've flown international. DO NOT ASSUME ANY DIAPER/PULLUP WILL MAKE IT THE ENTIRE FLIGHT. To change, It's easiest if you first close and test the door by pushing on it while locked. Then use the door to (gently) lean against to aid in changing. The trash bin has a too small receptacle for your diaper, but the cabinet door below that will open (it's never alarmed), and you can dispose of it that way.

Thank you all! I got it on no problem in the mall bathroom, tons of stretch, so that takes care of one concern. I very much intend to test before flying (though not sure if today though I am wearing it now!). No issues getting it on while standing in one place in the stall.

Based on what I'd read here about small releases I plan to try that, and do plan to change the insert on the plane if needed dependent on my flight itinerary and the rest.
I've got a 2.5h flight next week (two technically, one AM one PM) but I'll test absorbency before then too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I did end up trying them today, both standing and sitting (which as a girl I thought sitting not on the toilet could be a problem but was fine). Worked great! I did the small releases several times (5+ maybe?) and then one closer-to-full bladder (definitely had to go but was not desperate). Kept it on and moving after the larger amount for about 10 mins and zero leak issues. Had it on about 3 hours total and it appeared only about 1/3 to half full when removed.

I'll have to give it another go seated for longer before I hit the air.

Sorry my friend childrens diapers to avoid a planes bathroom doesnt work very well , if you want to avoid embareassment and wet spots get proper small adult diapers even an adult ATN under best scenario can only hold about 26 oz , on a long flight you are going to want to avoid alcohol , pop , coffee , they are all bladder irritants so you will urinate more but more importantly they make your unrine smell funky so avoid them a few days before and during the flight , keep your hydration level up with good old fashioned ice water. There are several members here that travel cross the pond on a regular basis in there employment , maybe they can chime in , but i would seriously get adult diapers for there capacity, containment & odor neutralise function.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thank you Tetra for your thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back