Thread: Incontinent and overcoming that

ksizzle1990

Default Incontinent and overcoming that

I have had some form of incontinence my whole life. I was kept in pull ups until I was almost in middle school. I had occasional situations occur but not enough to keep me in pull ups full time. I have seen a number of urologists growing up and theyíve told me that because of my situation, there was really nothing that they could do but let it run itís course. I have problems come back full force like before I was in middle school. There have been times, during my adult years (before I had a steady job) where my parents would help with the situation by getting me diapers (the pull ups) because that was the only suggestion the dr gave me that wouldnít cause side effects like medication would. Iím already on medication as it is and surgery is definitely out of the question. Just recently, my problems have hit me worse than before and after discussing with my doctor, my husband has found it best for me to be back in diapers until further notice. I only considered this if I could stick with the pull ups. I just have to double up or wear boosters. Iíve been blessed with a husband who understands and is willing to help in anyway I can. He always makes sure I have diapers packed in my bag for work, just in case I have an accident which is a lot during the day and night. Iím here just for the support in regards to incontinence. Sorry this was long and lengthy. Iím trying to embrace the fact that, just as the doctor said, this could be a long term thing for me, which has basically been the case my whole life

Quote Originally Posted by ksizzle1990 View Post
    I have had some form of incontinence my whole life. I was kept in pull ups until I was almost in middle school. I had occasional situations occur but not enough to keep me in pull ups full time. I have seen a number of urologists growing up and theyíve told me that because of my situation, there was really nothing that they could do but let it run itís course. I have problems come back full force like before I was in middle school. There have been times, during my adult years (before I had a steady job) where my parents would help with the situation by getting me diapers (the pull ups) because that was the only suggestion the dr gave me that wouldnít cause side effects like medication would. Iím already on medication as it is and surgery is definitely out of the question. Just recently, my problems have hit me worse than before and after discussing with my doctor, my husband has found it best for me to be back in diapers until further notice. I only considered this if I could stick with the pull ups. I just have to double up or wear boosters. Iíve been blessed with a husband who understands and is willing to help in anyway I can. He always makes sure I have diapers packed in my bag for work, just in case I have an accident which is a lot during the day and night. Iím here just for the support in regards to incontinence. Sorry this was long and lengthy. Iím trying to embrace the fact that, just as the doctor said, this could be a long term thing for me, which has basically been the case my whole life
    I am incontinent and blessed with a wife who doesn't see it as a problem.

Well it already has been a long term thing for you. Just try to focus on how bad it used to seem, and yet you've always manage. Heck, prospered if anything now that you're married.

How come you're so against anything better than pullups though? Have you ever considered disposable cloth diapers? They are very quite, and still quite thin and unnoticeable, but will likely have the level of protection you currently need. Plus, if you wear anything other than a dress, they are much easier to change.