Rift

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Today at 7:06pm I randomly get pulled over by the Cobb County police in Marietta Ga. I had just left out of my extended stay hotel room at the metro lodge to go put some of my belongings in my storage unit when the police pulled me over saying that someone that matches my description riding a bike and wearing a camo backpa ck broke into a church and stole some stuff then they tried to acuse me then I told tbem that I had nothing to do with it, I dont know where it took place, I dont know what time it happened but they still interrogate me saying we have video evidence and fingerprints so I told them to take my fingerprints for their investigation and they even searched me before letting me leave then I gind out that they went to my extended stay hotel room banging on th door and shining lights through the windows by my neighbors. I feel like this is profiling so they can lock up a completely innocent person its not right and I dont know what to do at this point why would they do this after interrogating me and taking my fingerprints?:wallbash:

Profiling? Are you not Caucasian? Some state troopers are not too friendly. Why they went to your hotel is beyond me. Perhaps you did look like the perf?

Scaramouche said:
Profiling? Are you not Caucasian? Some state troopers are not too friendly. Why they went to your hotel is beyond me. Perhaps you did look like the perf?

No Im not caucasian Im mixed part white and part black. Thats exactly right looks can be deceiving. Do you think I Should call the police department and file a complaint this is what I wanted to do from the get go but following my stepmothers advise I did not call but hey what else can I possibly do to protect myself because I dont want to go to jail for someone else's crimes. I can understand that they are doing their jobs but they have taken it to far I mean they have my fingerprints an d phone number and the location of where im staying and my full cooperation. I just dot get why they went back to my room as if cooperating with them is not enough its slmost like guilty until proven innocent in the court of law

I think the next step might be to hire an attorney. If you can't afford one, there are some that take pro bono (free) cases. Our community has a legal aid center which is run for free and will hook you up to a lawyer, if needed. I would not call the police. They might all be in together with cases.

FYI: My son is biracial and this is exactly what I fear may happen to him some day.

Ok it worth a try please pray for me and that this does not happen to anyone else ever agian

finding out where and when this took place, checking this information against where you were at the time, as well as what your doing is one way to provide an easy alibi...if the robbery took place 20 minutes before you left your room, and there is records of your key card swipes then that helps. neighbors seeing you, work, even driving in your vehicle around the same time of the robbery can clear you if need be, all you would need is one of the numerous video cameras posted on buildings along your daily drive, and the help of it's owner to prove where you were.

giving your fingerprints might not have been the wisest thing, having them provide an example of the culprits finger prints first, and then having that checked against yours would be a decent way at insuring there is no foul play with finger prints.

moving forward beyond this though, a lack of any of the stolen goods, a bicycle , its pretty slim chances they can link you to the crime as is.

Yeah you should get ahold of their internal affairs or watch dog advocate, and file a formal complaint. Not doing so says you think it was ok for them to treat people like that.

Might be an actual, legitimate investigation. If you do match the description of the suspect (something that's actually pretty likely considering how vague those tend to be), the Police would have been derelict in their duty to not investigate whether or not it was you. Still look into getting actual, legal representation; don't say or allow anything without YOUR lawyer present or telling you to do so. The sad fact is there are so many laws you're likely in violation of a few without knowing it.

MommyandMattling said:
finding out where and when this took place, checking this information against where you were at the time, as well as what your doing is one way to provide an easy alibi...if the robbery took place 20 minutes before you left your room, and there is records of your key card swipes then that helps. neighbors seeing you, work, even driving in your vehicle around the same time of the robbery can clear you if need be, all you would need is one of the numerous video cameras posted on buildings along your daily drive, and the help of it's owner to prove where you were.

giving your fingerprints might not have been the wisest thing, having them provide an example of the culprits finger prints first, and then having that checked against yours would be a decent way at insuring there is no foul play with finger prints.

moving forward beyond this though, a lack of any of the stolen goods, a bicycle , its pretty slim chances they can link you to the crime as is.

I was at work at the time and I packed up my stuff when I got back and left out to put in my storage unit and started riding down the road I got lit up loke a Christmas tree. As far as giving ip fingerprints goes I dont see any harm in it because they said that they already have video evidence and fingerprints so I said why not because I know I never took part in it and dont even know when or how it took place and I have nothing to hide

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
Yeah you should get ahold of their internal affairs or watch dog advocate, and file a formal complaint. Not doing so says you think it was ok for them to treat people like that.

I agree

- - - Updated - - -

Traemo said:
Might be an actual, legitimate investigation. If you do match the description of the suspect (something that's actually pretty likely considering how vague those tend to be), the Police would have been derelict in their duty to not investigate whether or not it was you. Still look into getting actual, legal representation; don't say or allow anything without YOUR lawyer present or telling you to do so. The sad fact is there are so many laws you're likely in violation of a few without knowing it.
It may or may not be a legitimate investigation considering how convenient it was to be right at the metro lodge were I am living and then follow me out of the parking lot and pull me over on a bike but on tje other hand I understand that they are doing their jobs and I know how I would feel if someone stole from me I would want the ploice to investigate it for me. I do have respect for law enforcement and some tolerance up to a certain point.

dragon123 said:
Today at 7:06pm I randomly get pulled over by the Cobb County police in Marietta Ga. I had just left out of my extended stay hotel room at the metro lodge to go put some of my belongings in my storage unit when the police pulled me over saying that someone that matches my description riding a bike and wearing a camo backpa ck broke into a church and stole some stuff then they tried to acuse me then I told tbem that I had nothing to do with it, I dont know where it took place, I dont know what time it happened but they still interrogate me saying we have video evidence and fingerprints so I told them to take my fingerprints for their investigation and they even searched me before letting me leave then I gind out that they went to my extended stay hotel room banging on th door and shining lights through the windows by my neighbors. I feel like this is profiling so they can lock up a completely innocent person its not right and I dont know what to do at this point why would they do this after interrogating me and taking my fingerprints?:wallbash:

No, you were not randomly pulled over. You were pulled over because you matched the description of a suspect. Did they treat you properly, doesn't sound like it. They should of just checked your alibi and let you go on your way. They had your information if they needed to do any follow up.

I do have a lawyer that has done work for my wife and I regarding our estate. I also have some personal friends who are lawyers, so had I been stopped, I would have definitely dropped their names, and then I would have called one of them. Remember, you are innocent until proven guilty and you have a right to a lawyer. That right doesn't take place until you are formally charged, however. The NAACP or the ACLU might be interest in your case.

ORBaby said:
No, you were not randomly pulled over. You were pulled over because you matched the description of a suspect. Did they treat you properly, doesn't sound like it. They should of just checked your alibi and let you go on your way. They had your information if they needed to do any follow up.

Exactly, the police had every right and reason to stop the OP. Even take him in for questioning. But they had no right to accuse and interrogate him like that.

To me, it sounds like you could have been pulled over for riding while (being part) black. The police don't have a great record when dealing with non-whites.

I'm pretty damn white and the last time I was pulled over--for speeding--that trooper was so squirrelly that I thought that I was going to be staring down the barrel of his gun or even shot. All I was doing was getting my wallet out to hand him my ID. Perhaps my privilege was just enough to protect me. It's messed up that I have to rely on systemtic racism for a tiny amount of protection.

COps, what do you want from those strange selves ? After some experiences I say only: I love them, when they're far away and nothing to do with me.

This is why I don't like police officers 1.) They are scary. 2.) They do what they want . 3.) They take forever to get to a crime scene. 4.) When they can't find their man they will try to put the blame on someone else. 5.) They are quick on the trigger. 6.) They tend to take sides. 7. To protect and serve is to protect an enslave the people. 8.) They are not there to actually see what really happened but they make up their own minds as to what they think happened 9.)when the police arrive they pretty much always take a statement and leave then tell us if it happens again call us back and by that time if the crime happens again it could be to late. 10.) They play with racism. Scary stuff but these are my beliefs and reasons why I fear the police.
I'm not saying that all police officers are like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back