Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaliborio

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Warning: I'm somewhat frank about diaper usage in this post.

Over the last two to three years, I've transitioned smoothly into being diapered 24/7, mostly because of my AB/DL, but pushed along by some mild continence issues that I already had. I'm now quite happily diapered full-time but my continence has significantly worsened in all respects to the point that being undiapered is never feasible.

I have never been able to solve the problem of finding clothes. I'm a tall, broad person and a heavy wetter who has messing accidents, so I'm in pretty much the thickest diapers available. This is a big problem when it comes to clothes, and pants specifically. Jeans and trousers have a hard seam through the crotch that presses into the diaper in some or all positions and I have trouble with squish leaks as a result. This is true in all sizes close to mine. If I go up enough sizes for the crotch to drop far enough to make it less of a problem, the legs are hilariously overlong, and a lot of the time raising the hems looks stupid or noticeable.

In addition, blue jeans especially wrap fairly tightly around my butt, so if I have messing accidents, it gets squished outward fast which is very uncomfortable and unsafe, and there's often a visible lump in the seat of my pants. Obviously I don't like that very much.

I have a couple of pairs of Tykables jeans and shorts, which are absolutely lovely in terms of fit because of the waddle gusset and elastic waist. However, the inseam snaps make them difficult as daily wear - they're somewhat visible and I've had them come open in public. My ideal pants would be Tykables jeans and shorts with no inseam snaps, but I have no idea where I'd find them.

How have you adapted your wardrobe to diapers? Is there any product or outlet in particular that you'd recommend?

Loose-fitting clothes is the answer. Why do you need to wear jeans? Why not wear tracksuit pants, or cargo pants/shorts, and roll the legs up to your knees or so (make it totally obvious they're rolled for style).

I think for women this is easy, skirts and dresses hide a _lot_.

Go to a cafe, sit down, grab a coffee, and observe all around you - imagine every one wearing nappies, and ask the imaginary question "do the clothes that person is wearing gonna hide a nappy?". Get clues and go from there!

ozziebee said:
Loose-fitting clothes is the answer. Why do you need to wear jeans? Why not wear tracksuit pants, or cargo pants/shorts, and roll the legs up to your knees or so (make it totally obvious they're rolled for style).

I need something to fill the smart-casual niche, unfortunately. Tracksuit pants (I assume you mean these) are too casual, and there's also the problem that I live in Australia, which is a very hot country, and tracksuit pants are especially insulating. Cargo pants are similarly considered more casual than jeans and are only acceptable in some situations in which jeans would be acceptable. They also still have the "hard seam through the crotch" problem, and there's the problem that they're quite low-rising, which makes them look weird and fit slightly insecurely.

Similar issue with trousers - and those are an indispensable part of my wardrobe because I work in a job that requires me to wear a suit.

Kaliborio said:
... I work in a job that requires me to wear a suit.

Ah! So what you need to do is go find a seamstress/dressmaker/tailor to make bespoke office wear for you. Can be expensive, but then they are tailor-made for you, to your exact requirements.

I've had some work wear suits/pants/skirts made which fit me, are classy/smart corporate office attire, a bit loose around the legs and bum, and hide whatever I'm wearing (though I'm yet to wear nappies to work). On my pants, the hard seam issue is non-existant.

<-- is also aussie, and know all about the heat!

It sounds like you just need to shop at a big and tall store. Measure the correct waist size and I seam length, then get jeans with that measurement.

I am not diapered at all. Back when I was in my own time I would use Tripp pants and over all to hide my diaper. I still was self contours about it, but no one seemed to have noticed. Overalls and Tripp can be expensive, but baggy Tripp lasts a really long time and they are great if you are an artist. Fits in with my style and look that I am going for. Overalls depending on the quality your best to go to a farmers supply store because Walmart and cheapo stuff does not last long and you end up spending more just to replace things.
Just my two cents though.

In the summer, I wear cargo shorts....the kind with all the pockets, and I buy them two inches larger (waist measurement). I'm converting my pants ordering with adding two more inches to the waist. This works for me and I'm usually wearing a thick cloth diaper and plastic pants. No one notices as it's not noticeable unless you're AB/DL and looking for a diaper bulge, and probably not even then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back