One Month On Hormones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
I've been on hormones officially for 1 month.

I've had many small changes, nothing major, mostly emotions, I do have buds and I'm happy to have "mini-boobs".

My dysphoria has somewhat vanished I do get bothered by some things of my body, but I'm glad to have started hormones now than later.

Emotion wise I feel at peace, I've noticed a lot of my features I've thought of as male, are actually common in female models, which really puts me at ease.

I keep accidentally bumping my mini-breasts and it kills to do so, find it hard to sleep on my side and there sensitive.

I've tried to keep this as PG-13 as possible, I apologise if it's not, but that's the best I can do without going into detail about small changes.

My bo doesn't smell as bad, more feminine, I've found that I crave a lot of salt and chocolate but the salt thing is due to one of the drugs I'm on (spironolactone)

My T levels seem to be very low, I'm not sure until I get a blood test later on, but I'm having outward signs such as low sex drive etc.

I feel guilty for this decision but.. if I hadn't of started now and started later, it would of made things harder for me.

Small boobies are sensitive, especially once they first start to grow/develop. Food cravings like chocolate and salt are pretty normal, but if you ever have menstruation/periods then be ready to experience even more food/chocolate cravings (just make sure to drink lots of water and eat healthy during your period). But maybe if you're worried about things like a low sex drive then would it be possible to ask your doctor about that stuff? Or it could actually be your medicine that's lowering your sex drive (I've heard some medications do). But I do hope you'll go through everything safely Jessie. Like your blood tests and everything else. I do wish you luck! :hugs:

SparkleBunny said:
Small boobies are sensitive, especially once they first start to grow/develop. Food cravings like chocolate and salt are pretty normal, but if you ever have menstruation/periods then be ready to experience even more food/chocolate cravings (just make sure to drink lots of water and eat healthy during your period). But maybe if you're worried about things like a low sex drive then would it be possible to ask your doctor about that stuff? Or it could actually be your medicine that's lowering your sex drive (I've heard some medications do). But I do hope you'll go through everything safely Jessie. Like your blood tests and everything else. I do wish you luck! :hugs:

Oh, that's normal for me. I'm transitioning to female so basically everything I'm experiencing is normal somewhat, I'm basically going though puberty again but as a female.

LittleJess said:
Oh, that's normal for me. I'm transitioning to female so basically everything I'm experiencing is normal somewhat, I'm basically going though puberty again but as a female.

Oh, so your body is probably just getting use to going through puberty again and that's why it may be acting a bit differently? I mean, I know the body changes are normal, cause I've been through that stage of growing up.

Ah, I sorta remember those days - turbulent due to the hormonal changes, almost constant crying, crying at anything really, but also being quite stressed too - had family issues, for which I made a clean break. I didn't contact them again until a few months post-op. Mum knew I was ok though, as she slyly asked a bank teller when doing the business banking where I was (had an account at that branch, and she knew it). Cravings, excitement... Things will settle down though, as your body becomes used to the changing hormonal landscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back