Has anyone tried going truly 24/7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

podmuse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So I am mildly incontinent so I must wear something or else I’m going to have puddles everywhere. But since I work a lot I find it much easier to wear a pad or pull up. Generally I don’t ever flood i just leak so it works for me to not change all day as long as I take regular bathroom breaks. Anyway whenever I wear a nighttime diaper or any taped diaper at work I don’t use it I will pull it down if I need to go because I find changing hard in public restrooms. Then there’s the smell. After a few hours I literally smell like fart if I pee a lot. I hate that part of me feels embarrassed and I actually care what people think but do you have any tips for 24/7 wearing? It’d make my like easier to take less bathroom breaks

I have worn 24/7 for almost a year. I don't necessarily use them fully (I generally defecate in the mornings, so I most often use the toilet in the morning as I shower and change). I also have a high-capacity bladder, so it's rare that I have to wet where I don't want to. This makes it an easier project for me but it's not without its hurdles. I traveled overnight recently on a red eye flight and spent the day in another city with just the diapers I could carry on my back. I'd say in general, my approach is probably 24/7 easy mode but it suits me.

I am 24/7 around the clock since 1987.

I'm 24/7, I carry a spare pull-up with me with a plastic bag and a cable tie to seal it if I ever need to change, I still go to the bathroom just as frequently, but it helps so much with bladder anxiety. I wet my diaper every morning standing in the shower, just before showering, to get used to the feeling of wetting should I ever need to do so in public, OP - you're only 23 have you had a chat with your Dr about incontinence?

I have been in nappies all the time for over 5 years now. I usually only smell when I get up as my nappy is always soaking wet as I pee in my sleep every night.

Yeah I have and my doctors are well aware. I fell carrying a heavy box at work and injured my back badly last year and suffered a slipped disc which compressed my nerves in the lower half of my body. I began having muscle weakness in my legs and bladder. I went to my doctor and my weakness began to improve in my legs just fine and as well my bladder but when my bladder is full I begin to leak and dribble uncontrollably before I reach the toilet. Nothing I’ve tried works and I will not have surgery unless something gets much worse. Oddly enough I’ve always been DL so I was actually quite happy losing control a little bit.

I have urge urinary incontinence and have worn a diaper 24/7/365 for a little more than 30 years.

The closest I've been is just wearing a diaper through the day and using pads like an extender.

podmuse said:
So I am mildly incontinent so I must wear something or else I’m going to have puddles everywhere. But since I work a lot I find it much easier to wear a pad or pull up. Generally I don’t ever flood i just leak so it works for me to not change all day as long as I take regular bathroom breaks. Anyway whenever I wear a nighttime diaper or any taped diaper at work I don’t use it I will pull it down if I need to go because I find changing hard in public restrooms. Then there’s the smell. After a few hours I literally smell like fart if I pee a lot. I hate that part of me feels embarrassed and I actually care what people think but do you have any tips for 24/7 wearing? It’d make my like easier to take less bathroom breaks

You smell bad after a few hours because you are dehydrated. Concentrated pee just smells bad. It should be nearly clear with a tint of yellow, or a very light and translucent yellow. If not, you need more water.

And yes. I started out with urge incontinence and trying to make it to the bathroom. I quickly went to very absorbent (and thick) diapers, so they could take a full bladder release. Like you though I would just pull the front if the diaper down to pee when I could.

The fear of changing in a public restoom is over rated. People don't care. You have a legitimate need for them, so use them and change when/where you need to.

I was on an off as a DL since around age 13. Major medical issues and some diagnosed urge incontinence and I easily went from cotton undies/boxers to male pads to taped diapers 24/7 about 3 years ago. I wet during the day and at night. I don't hide my diapers from my girlfriend or family, although I do keep it discrete. I change myself and am not into AB play. I wear ALL of the time (except sometimes 1 hour before bed to air dry out) so that I am protected. I wear diapers instead of cotton underwear. Diapers help to prevent wet pants, wet bed, and wet spots on furniture or floor. Diapers are no big deal to me and way more convenient than having wet pants.

Tips?

Wear a high quality diaper during the day. I wear ABU preschool plastic. 3 per day (7am-12pm, 12pm-5pm, 5pm-10pm), or change as necessary.
Wear a high quality diaper during the night. I wear Confidry 24/7. (1 most nights, but sometimes 2.)
I usually try to have a BM in toilet before morning shower/diaper change to prevent poopy diaper during daytime.
Use baby wipes during every diaper change. It helps to reduce the diaper funk.
Use a small amount of powder with each fresh diaper. It helps to delay the diaper funk.
I wear a onesie most days to help keep diaper supported and prevent any diaper peek-a-boos.
Carry a 1 gallon freezer ziplock bag with some travel wipes, just in case of #2
I change in my car during breaks or lunch. Park in a remote spot or drape a towel over you when changing.
Use a washable bed mat to prevent wet spots from diaper leaks.
Order 2 cases of each type of diaper you are going to wear regularly. When the first case is used up, order 1 case as a replacement; then repeat each time a case is empty. This always ensures at least one full case on hand as backup.

Last edited:
I have been wearing diapers around the clock for five years now. I normally go through one diaper a day and no one says anything about it. No one cares you have one on and don't seem to take notice. This isn't like childhood where kids do give a darn and make remarks when they notice and tease you about it, adults don't do this. If you make it real obvious, they may laugh when they see the diaper and make remarks but not out loud. I wear premium brand diapers. I do not like the cheap ones since those are not real diapers. If they don't hold at night or don't hold one wetting or leak too soon after barely any wettings, those are not real diapers. Also stop trying to make it to the bathroom and just use your diaper. Why even try if you never make it or only make it sometimes? Plus you can live a stress free life by using your diaper and not worrying about taking so many potty breaks. You can then take a bathroom break to change your diaper. Also always clean your bottom when you change to get the urine off your skin so you won't smell. Use baby powder in your diaper.

I would stay away from brands that have poor odor control like AC Amor, Abena 4, those have always started smelling bad on me while Bambinos or Tena European kind or Northshore Supreme didn't start reeking of urine as soon.

Hey. I'm an AB/DL with a history of mild continence issues. I transitioned into diapers a couple of years ago for AB/DL reasons and have been full-time since.

The most general note I'd make is that I maintained mostly normal toileting pretty much through discipline and habit. As a result, since switching to relying on diapers, my continence has basically collapsed. Prior to diapers, I had moderately frequent wetting accidents and the occasional messing accident triggered by foods I'm sensitive to (so I avoided them). Since diapers, it's gotten to the point I'm virtually constantly wet, and have developed bedwetting (which I haven't been dealing with since toilet training). My messing control is still mostly intact but in my opinion there's been a noticeable degradation. All of this still has less of an impact on my life than trying to toilet properly and failing, but I definitely couldn't go back to underwear immediately, so keep that in mind.

That having been said, my first recommendation would be that if you're in proper diapers at work, that you use them. When I was still regularly toileting, my experience was that trying to use tape-on diapers like pull-ups messed with the fit and led to worse sagging and slightly more leaks.

My second recommendation would be that if you're conscious about the smell, that firstly that you look into foods and drinks that cause increased urine odour and try to cut down on any of those that are present in your diet. I'd also recommend that you start wearing plastic pants. They don't block odour flawlessly but in my opinion they do cut it down. Lined plastic pants (with a terry or flannelette liner) are even better because they catch leaks from disposable diapers and add another layer of odour protection.

I think that ultimately the only way to get over being embarrassed about loud diaper changes in public toilets is to just do it. You could also consider cloth-backed diapers. I know that when I was in Abena M3s, the sound of changing was a weird velcro-ripping sound that I don't think most people would immediately associate with diapers. When you change, bag your diapers, or maybe double-bag them. That way you can store them for a (very) limited amount of time in your bag if you're not comfortable disposing of them in the bathroom.

I have been wearing incontinence nappies for 20 years and have always wanted to be incontinent. I decided to take the plunge and started wearing 24/7 3 weeks go and have not cheated one. I could already easily wet but had difficulties wetting while in bed and walking. I have been working on wetting easily in all positions and am very pleased with my progress. I just dribble and gush depending what I've drank. My sphincter remains relaxed and I don't automatically clench when I've peed. I can start wetting when walking without the clench reflex too. I have noticed that when I'm sitting and my urethra is curved I can feel the build up of pee and when I go I only a weak dribble and am surprised because I wasn't as full as I thought . My bladder has also become more sensitive. I'm comfortable wetting around people. The biggest notice is that when I do use the toilet for a poo when I'm sitting and doing the deed I have a uncontrollable dribble of pee which is getting more severe and without any clench relax.

It doesn't feel like I'm wearing a nappy now. I'm at ease around people. I don't care if they find out. I live in a group home for people with disabilities and we have staff supporting us. It doesn't matter if they find out, it's not going to be any consequence. The manager already knows I wear protection and nothing is said. That was the biggest barrier to wearing 24/7 peoples opinions and judgements but it's really not as bad as I thought. It's very easy for me to wear 24/7. I'm on disability benefits so I don't have to worry about changing in toilets and work colleagues finding out. Because social services manage my finances (I have schizoaffective disorder) I have asked my social worker if he can directly pay for my pads and have them delivered every month and that has been granted with no questions asked.

I am much happier wearing 24/7.

I was completely in diapers about 10 weeks. But I dislike messing into diaper, so that I was doing "as usual."

But everything it this life has its limits, like jobs, friendships, females... Dislike be caught (last time it was by the cops.)

I agree, actually against the common beliefs staying hydrated is very important on this journey. It actually helps in bladder control at least that's what all my friends/ in real life and remote told me. That drinking water and actually having plenty of physical activity greatly helps them with bladder control. I know that you want to go 24/7, but you need to feel healthier and safer this way as well. I know, that it's hard, but still you have to fight against all those bad things that world is giving you - you need strength to do what you always wanted to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back