Diapers on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

drive88

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey, everyone!

This is my first post in a very long time, so it's great to be back on this site. So, I'm on a very limited budget. Really want to get back into plastic backed diapers, but my faves (ABU Super dry kids or Cushies) are quite expensive for me. What are your go-to diapers when money is low? Thoughts? You're on the air!

Crinkles/better dry

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

TENA diapers are cheap here :3

If money is the issue then the lower end of the spectrum as far as diapers are concerned are your only choice right now and there are really two low cost diapers mass marketed out there Attends with waistband and the new old depend fitted briefs max protection both can be purchased via amazon or wal marts. Or you have chain specific adult diapers from Rite Aid or Walgreens or CVS or Wal Mart which mostly have gone to the crappy cloth like outercover. Anyway hope this helps you.

drive88 said:
Hey, everyone!

This is my first post in a very long time, so it's great to be back on this site. So, I'm on a very limited budget. Really want to get back into plastic backed diapers, but my faves (ABU Super dry kids or Cushies) are quite expensive for me. What are your go-to diapers when money is low? Thoughts? You're on the air!

Don't look at it as a price per diaper, this could end up costing you more overall. You need to consider total price per day.

As example, a cheap $.50 diaper which needs changing every two hours will cost $6.00 in 24 hours (plus you will still need to get up 4 times in the night.

However a premium diaper which costs $1.50 will last 8 or more hours, and cost 4.50 per day. And bonus, you won't have to get up at night or leak.

Whatever you settle with should cost you under $5.00 per day. Some people actually like changing more often, others prefer performance and less leaks. I personally like Betterdry. They cost 1.67 each, but last well over 12 hours! Even with staying well hydrated. I change ever 8-10 though, so as to avoid rashes.

Hello, I found the best quality and price-wise for me to be diapers from hexa & co. They are of pretty good quality and on top of that they are cheap. I could find cheaper diapers and those of higher quality as well, but as it goes for those two factors I guess they are he best from what I have found. Of course it's all person dependent, but I personally didn't like TENA as much. If anyone has some other diapers to recommend I would gladly look at them, but they gotta be on budget as I'm pretty much short with cash flow unfortunately.

There's quite a spectrum of diapers available. The cheapest ones will always be thin, low capacity, and medical looking. If that's all acceptable for you, Totaldry Plus are the best value I've found for otherwise good quality. They've got decent tapes, a strong landing zone, a textured plastic shell, and good leak guards. Capacity is actually surprisingly good for how thin they are. (fair amount of sap) Last I checked they were something like 89 cents/diaper by the case. I get mine (freeship) from bambinodiapers.com and they used to be my daily wear-to-work diaper.

I currently use ABU's preschool for my daily wear. They cost more, but are a lot better in most regards.

Honorable mention to XP Medical's Absorbency Plus ("A+") line, for you the level 3's should be a good value. They're a plain white (silky smooth) shell and have no leak guards at all. (but make up for it with crazy fast wicking) Go with these if you really want an all-white.

Craigslist.

I always have money for diapers and put them on credit and pay for them later when I get paid. I will buy diapers on the Bambinos website when they have a sale. The rest are just too expensive. I also buy non ABDL diapers because they are cheaper and I will buy the Northshore Supreme kind. I used to buy Molicare on ebay but they kept bunching up on me after one wetting. I also have cloth diapers for back up for in case of emergencies.

So if you need to save money and want to be frugal, wait for the big sale on ABDL websites and go for how many are in a case and the cost and also stick with non ABDL diapers if you need more diapers. To me generic brands are not real diapers nor ones that barely hold one wetting or won't hold through the night or even hold one big flow. So I always stick with the premium brand that work like real diapers babies wear.

If I'm on the road, I get Depend Briefs Normal.

For regular diaper orders, when I'm running low on money, I get Abena Abri-Form M3 - unfortunately those are the cheapest diapers I can work with as I'm quite a heavy wetter and a messer.

It honestly comes down to how you wear them. If you're 24/7 it really pays off to buy the better, more absorbent diapers. Myself I wear occasionally for pleasure. If I have plenty of time to wear I'll go with an Abena M4 plastic backed or the plastic backed Northshore Supreme. I'm a DL and prefer the plain white, medical types. I can get overnight usage plus a few more hours from the Abena and the Northshore. When I'm only going to be wearing for a few hours I'll sometimes wear the Tranquility ATN. I've also got an old stash of Attends 6-tape and 4-tape with micropore lining. These are really only good for one solid wetting as the will leak with heavy flooding. I haven't tried the Depends since they went back to the plastic backing but for the price of them I would rather order the ATN's. Hope this helps.

The latest WALMART ASSURANCE house brand diapers are cheap.
But, they are more like a "G-String" - "No Side Protection".
I only use them during the day.
At night I use WALGREEN's CERTAINTY cheap diapers with a pair of cheap plastic pants over them.

I might be on the tightest budget of anyone here - I wear modded babies'/children's products almost exclusively, although I also used to wear the Always Discreet pull-ups. A properly-fitting adult diaper is more of a special treat for me.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
I might be on the tightest budget of anyone here - I wear modded babies'/children's products almost exclusively, although I also used to wear the Always Discreet pull-ups. A properly-fitting adult diaper is more of a special treat for me.

A lot of people give baby/children's diapers a lot of flack but they're actually not that bad for a budget. Heck in my experience the good baby diapers even tend to outperform the cheap adult diapers pretty often. Which is pretty sad in itself.

Of course they don't compare anywhere near to actual quality adult diapers, but if there's nothing else around they shouldn't be completely disregarded either.

Personally, my go to is a modded L/XL Kidgets Nighttime Training Pant with size 2 stuffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back