Which do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azie said:
I have tried them all, still use premium ones for bedtime, none work/high mobility times, or when i just want to be cute. But you completelt ignored the whole point of what i was saying - no one product or range of products work for everyone.

You are always badgering people over not choosing x brand for y brand, when y brand may work best for them. The point i was making outside of trying to offer the OP a little help was exactly that, and you were being pretty rude demanding people switch to something they may not want or is available to them. Plain and simple, sometimes a "lesser" diaper in your eyes works best for someone else.

Right, which is why I always give several brands. No one brand will work for every person.

And I could care less about brands really. If Abena or Molicare decided to make a premium diaper again, I'd be all for them. But when they cheapen their diapers like they did I also call them out on it. The points I keep making are all about performance and economy. Or did you miss that....

No I didn't miss that at all. But, as I keep saying, being IC, different solutions for different people. We could go around and around with circular logic, but if Abena is working for someone, who are you to knock them and treat them like dirt for it?

Azie said:
No I didn't miss that at all. But, as I keep saying, being IC, different solutions for different people. We could go around and around with circular logic, but if Abena is working for someone, who are you to knock them and treat them like dirt for it?

At what point did I say Abena (or any other diaper) doesn't work for someone? They work for a LOT of people- that's why Abena still sells so many. Yeah they work, BUT THEY ALSO COST MORE AND LEAK MORE OFTEN. Why do you keep ignoring this?

Slomo said:
At what point did I say Abena (or any other diaper) doesn't work for someone? They work for a LOT of people- that's why Abena still sells so many. Yeah they work, BUT THEY ALSO COST MORE AND LEAK MORE OFTEN. Why do you keep ignoring this?

I am not missing the point. He says he doesn't leak in them, and it may not cost more for him. Each person's need and solution is different, as I have pointed out several times. Premium does not always mean cheaper and better solution. When i get home, ill do a breakdown of my solution and cost per a day versus just premium and will show you.
I will do it based off of amors and rearz, my premium diaprrs of choice.

Slomo said:

Well, the bit in capitals is just completely wrong. No one's ignoring you; they're disagreeing.

If you really understood that different diapers suit different people you wouldn't keep going with this silly argument.

Can't we all just agree to differ? :dunno:

So breaking this down to what I am assuming is a 4-5 diaper day. Either two or three almost premium (based on premium used), one premium, and one light diaper (goodnite, us tenas already have, tranquility, ect) versus 3 or 4 premium and a light diaper (based on changing preference) , I have crunched some numbers. The light diaper is in there for basically one of two periods, either morning between getting up and shower, or night when I get home before bed. Just can't go to bed in a wet diaper and wake up without leaks.

My way with amor: 3 northshore, 1 amor, one light - 6.49
4 amor and 1 light diaper - 7.44
Difference 95 cents.

My way with a rearz, 2 northshore and 1 light: 6.39 (no changing when I get up, so only need two northshore)
3 rearz and a light: 9.67
Difference: 3.28

While the amor versus my way isn't much difference, its still $346.75a year in favor of using an almost premium diaper.
My way versus Rearz, would be a whopping $1.2k a year.
With abu space or little paw, it would be about $181 more a year, maybe $957 if I ended up needing four instead of three for mid shift work change due to comfort. (Never wore to work, so don't know)

So there are the numbers. I must be doing it right for me based on need and comfort for what I am doing.

Last edited:
Azie said:
Difference 95 cents.

My way with a rearz, 2 northshore and 1 light: 6.39 (no changing when I get up, so only need two northshore)

While the amor versus my way isn't much difference, its still $346.75a year in favor of using an almost premium diaper.
With abu space or little paw, it would be about $181 more a year, maybe $957 if I ended up needing four instead of three for mid shift work change due to comfort. (Never wore to work, so don't know)

Yeah high end premiums like rearz aren't practical for daytime wear also from either a comfort OR a cost standpoint. They do work great for overnight however!

If I was wetting during the day and needed several changes I'd probably go with a medium quality diaper during the day so I could be changing a few times without a lot of cost. Going for too long in a moderately wet diaper at work/school/ just isn't a good idea for so many reasons, so why spend for a premium diaper that you're not going to even get a fifth of its use out of?

Then shift to a low end premium for the evening when leaks are the least important and try to get by with one or maybe two, and then to a high end premium for overnight, barring any exceptional needs like a night out on the town etc.

Azie said:
So breaking this down to what I am assuming is a 4-5 diaper day. Either two or three almost premium (based on premium used), one premium, and one light diaper (goodnite, us tenas already have, tranquility, ect) versus 3 or 4 premium and a light diaper (based on changing preference) , I have crunched some numbers. The light diaper is in there for basically one of two periods, either morning between getting up and shower, or night when I get home before bed. Just can't go to bed in a wet diaper and wake up without leaks.

Difference 95 cents.

So there are the numbers. I must be doing it right for me based on need and comfort for what I am doing.

Whoa.... back up. You're comparing all of this as someone who does not need diapers 24/7. Your numbers are incomplete. Try going back and look at what I've already posted about this. As I've already said, yeah when you don't intend to use your diapers fully then going with cheaper brands will make sense.

Next time, try wearing diapers to work, at home, overnight, everywhere. Then come back and tell me which setup costs the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back