Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which do you think?

Default Which do you think?

My doctor gets my diapers through indemed.com I normally get abena M4. Can some of you look through the brands they carry and tell me if there is another brand that might be better? They have molicare which i know are as good as abena but i prefer abena. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Abena M4s (the plastic-backed ones) are my favourites. What is it about them that you don't like?

I had a quick look, but the only brands I recognise are much poorer quality than the Abenas.

I like them fine but just wanted to make sure im not missing out on something better.

Nothing is better than abena. Stick with them and you won't regret it.

It looks like if you want to stay with premium diaper you have a choice of Abena, Molicare or Unique Wellness. All these brands have changed over the years since I first used them, but they are still better than the other options on that site.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Abena M4s (the plastic-backed ones) are my favourites. What is it about them that you don't like?

I had a quick look, but the only brands I recognise are much poorer quality than the Abenas.
    They have a limited capacity and only last for about 4-5 hours. They have short leak guards, so when you leak it's always catastrophic. Then there's the non-existant quality control, and reoccuring pinhole leaks and weak tapes. Plus, when compared to premium diapers, their added changes per day racks up their total cost to even more than the premium diapers.

So lets see, calacity, leaks, quality, and cost. Did I get them all? Nope, they are also cut short on the sides and their padding on the sides is quite lacking.

There's much better out there. And they cost less too.

I got in on the BOGO deal that the one retailer did recently (diaperbuys?) and got several cases of L4's. Pretty much the entire batch has issues with the padding not being cleanly cut and inserted in between the top sheet and shell such that bits of fluff get out to the edges and can cause wick leaking. (I have a few shots of a similar issue that's common with molicare here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/album.php?albumid=486)

And yes, leaks are usually bad when they happen. You have to rely on their fast wicking and avoid anything approaching a flood when they're already wet. But they're ok for short term wearing. Nothing I'd chance overnight on tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    They have a limited capacity and only last for about 4-5 hours. They have short leak guards, so when you leak it's always catastrophic. Then there's the non-existant quality control, and reoccuring pinhole leaks and weak tapes. Plus, when compared to premium diapers, their added changes per day racks up their total cost to even more than the premium diapers.

So lets see, calacity, leaks, quality, and cost. Did I get them all? Nope, they are also cut short on the sides and their padding on the sides is quite lacking.

There's much better out there. And they cost less too.
    Holy moly! You're kidding me?!

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1776 View Post
    Nothing is better than abena. Stick with them and you won't regret it.
    My thoughts exactly.

They're not an ABDL diaper, but they fit me perfectly, and work better than any other diaper I've ever tried. They're pretty good value, I find -- much cheaper than ABDL diapers too.

I wonder if the very polar opinions regarding the xplus are caused by different use-cases. It's starting to look like maybe the people that have a more negative opinion of them are people that try to or need to rely on them to perform well as diapers for high capacity / few leaks / strong tapes, and maybe the others that have a positive opinion of them are more interested in the lower cost and the tactile side of things such as thicker padding, softer interior, and softer shell?

I personally have found I can't rely on them to be higher capacity OR leak resistant, but I can have a much higher opinion of them when using them for "less demanding" purposes such as casual daytime wear.

I have noticed a problem with Molicare slip maxi. Probably 1 out of 10 pads, the plastic rips where the tapes are (on left side) and when changing the wet pulp comes out. it is very annoying.