Status
Not open for further replies.

indigodl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I read in another thread recently that with 4 tape diapers you should lay down, tape the TOP tapes first then stand up and tape the bottom tapes to get a nice snug fit. Up until now I'd been taping the bottom two tapes first.

I tried this today and it gives a MUCH better fit that feels more secure.

Weird... I tried both way, and for me starting with bottom tapes is much comfortable ^!^

Same here. Tried both, and I always get a better fit with the bottom tapes first.

I have tried multiple ways over the years as well and personally get the snuggest fit from lying down change bottom tapes first and then top tapes.

I can’t get as tight a fit on the bottom tapes when I am standing without additional risk of stretching/wriping/putting holes in the diaper.

Even with 2 tape diapers (1 per side) I can’t get those as snug with a standing change.

I wonder if it is a body shape dependant change style?

I believe part of it might be wheter or not you've memorized where the tapes are supposed to end up. If you havent, then maybe taping them on by feel alone would make that difference. Maybe.

When putting on a diaper, always start with the top most part of the diaper (most have waist bands) should be touching your belly button, then do your tapes straight across with your bottom tapes slightly angled up, the diaper will settle with the waist band about 1” below your belly button

I think this will just end up coming down to a matter of preference. My personal justification for "top tapes first" is that the top tapes' main job is to hold your diaper up around your hips, and so those should go first. They keep your diaper up in place where it needs to be while you work on getting the lower tapes attached so they can get a good leak-proof yet comfortable fit. (I see the lower tapes' job as sealing around the legs, not holding your diaper up)

I suppose if your hips aren't being an effective place for the diaper to hold up around, the lower tapes may make a better "starting point" for you though.

Through years of trying to get it right I have found I am proficient in changing standing up however for the most snug fit possible laying down I do the top tapes first but not tightly then lower tapes for a snug fit finally re-adjust top tapes for snug secure fit. Note I have a bit of a belly and this does change how well diapers fit. And this method works really well for abu little paws etc. single tape abu lavenders have the most snug fit of any diaper for me they worked so much better than I thought they would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does the bottom tapes start to go down as I wear and then look like they are going to come of as they are rubbing against my leg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back