Hiding diapers at university

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow456

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi, I'm an AB who's recently gone to uni. I want to get some nappies to wear when I'm alone, but I'm afraid about them getting found. I was told upon getting here the my room would be checked every now and again.
That, along with the fact that my parents will be coming every month or so, means that I'm gonna need to find a secure place to hide them.

When at home, I hid them under my bottom drawers, but here I can't do that because of how these drawers work. So, any tips on where to hide them?

When they check on your room it’s just general cleanliness and making sure nothing is damaged, they won’t go rooting through all your stuff, keeping them in a draw would still be okay, or if you have space under your bed then there is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a trunk that you can padlock shut! If you have drop ceilings in your dorm room you can place them up there until they leave. Or get a suitcase that you can put a luggage lock on.
Hope this helps...

Yeah, didn't think they'd go searching too much, but a bit of healthy paranoia has kept my secret safe up till now.
Thanks for the input.

- - - Updated - - -

I do have a bag that I brought all my clothes in to here. My worry is what about when I need to go back? I'll be taking that bag, but I'm not gonna be taking the nappies, so where do I hide them then?

I never let anyone into my room who wants to peek under my bed, and can't respect my private zones. If somebody find something in my wardrobe, or place like that, I would ask them what they looked for in there anyway? Then awkward silence :D

I would hope their "random checks" are nothing more than stepping in and having a brief glance around to make sure you haven't burned a big hole in the rug or knocked holes in the wall. You should ask around and see what their idea of a "periodic inspection" involves. I suppose it's possible you might get a "room toss" like they do in prisons. (nevermind a locked trunk, that'd get forced open, along with anything else that was clearly intended to be private/hiding something)

Landlords can usually do this as stated in the lease, but there's usually a clause about having to give some hours of notice (24, 12, etc) and the landlord can't just start sifting through your dressers, it's a visual inspection only. Your uni's rules should be somewhat the same.

There are a lot of suitcases that are locking. You could get a small one and keep it in your closet: locked.

Shadow456 said:
Yeah, didn't think they'd go searching too much, but a bit of healthy paranoia has kept my secret safe up till now.
Thanks for the input.

- - - Updated - - -

I do have a bag that I brought all my clothes in to here. My worry is what about when I need to go back? I'll be taking that bag, but I'm not gonna be taking the nappies, so where do I hide them then?
you can buy a cheap bag at a Flea Market or Wal Mart for under 20 dollars.

Room inspections just look at the fabric of the room, checking for damage to walls, carpet stains etc, they are not an inpection of possesions, tuck them at the beck of a cupboard or drawer should be fine, I don't think anybody would be bothered if they saw them, but then I'm 53, at 23 I would be a little concerned also,,, easy for me to say but I wouldn't worry,,,

I would recommend getting a cheap $5 plastic tub from walmart. You know, the clear ones. Just put it at the foot of your bed or up against a wall in your room.

Seriously though, why do you even have to hide your diapers? There's no shame in being proud of who you are, and college is a time for experimenting and such. Nobody there will bat an eye at you being diapered.

Slomo said:
Seriously though, why do you even have to hide your diapers? There's no shame in being proud of who you are, and college is a time for experimenting and such. Nobody there will bat an eye at you being diapered.

Thank you for the encouragement, but I don't feel it'd be that easy for me. I'm an introvert at the best of times, so I wouldn't feel comfortable being so open about such a personal matter. Maybe after my first year or so I will become more open about this, but until then I want to keep it as private as possible.

Trust me, as a university student in the UK, inspections are literally where they check for damages and that's it

CookieMonstah said:
Trust me, as a university student in the UK, inspections are literally where they check for damages and that's it

Ok, thanks. Thought as much but just wanted clarity.

Since your in university I would just get a second backpack wouldn't be suspicious at all.

Tis the time of year for costumes , the diapers are part of your costume ,Done!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

My "costume" the last several years has been a snow-leopard onesie as I sit on the porch handing out candy. Keeps me warm and dry ;)

It's hard to find a better example of a perfect time for me to be wearing a thick diaper out in public. But of course in my case nobody knows. I don't think I'd be brave enough to do the "baby costume" thing and wear an exposed diaper.

FWIW sitting on the concrete porch in late October really makes you appreciate thick padding for it's insulating properties!

Just hold them with your personal stuff. They are not entitled to go from your belongings, they usually only clean and they look if you haven't damaged anything. They can't perform any thorough control on your private stuff , so just don't worry about that. Keep them where you got your documents, uni stuff - books, notes etc. I would rather worry a bout your friends finding out than a cleaning maid. It has happened to me and I had to go through some unpleasant experiences, but after all I have underestimated my friends and the community in college - after they found out, basically nothing really changed and the life continued like always, only I felt ashamed and a little bit damaged, but eventually through many therapist session I managed to get through it. It wasn't a problem because of my peers though. I was just too weak to cope with it.

James202 said:
I felt ashamed and a little bit damaged, but eventually through many therapist session I managed to get through it. It wasn't a problem because of my peers though. I was just too weak to cope with it.
Sorry to hear that. Yeah, the general consensus seems to be that I was paranoid about the inspections, my only real worry now is parents and friends finding them.

Yeah, inspections are just to make sure you're in compliance with your tenancy agreement. They definitely shouldn't be looking through your personal storage and possessions, and if they are, they're in the wrong and it's probably actionable.

First of all, thank you to all of you who shared your tips and opinions about my current situation, you've all given me the confidence to order diapers for use at university.
I have ordered a bag, they've just arrived in fact, and I'm storing them in a plastic box (it's clear, so I've wrapped them in a plastic bag), which is inside another plastic box, inside another plastic box. Yes, I have hid them in a matryoshka (Russian) doll of boxes, had them laying around from moving in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back