Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did I just stumble on Bambino's China Diaper Supplier? Check this out:

Default Did I just stumble on Bambino's China Diaper Supplier? Check this out:

So I was on AliBaba, and found this:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...117977062.html

Could this be the same 'template' diaper that so many ADBL companies use that comes from China? Check out that price!

0.24 per diaper.

That price is for a minimum order of 50,000 and would require that you obtain an import/export license. But yeah, you probably found the right folks.

If this is true it proves one thing, Bambino could sell them for significantly cheaper and still make a killing.
    Last edited by Speck; 03-Oct-2017 at 07:08.

There's only a few companies in China that are doing most of the various companies orders - this has been openly stated before.

You have no idea how thick those are, what the quality tolerances are etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Note View Post
    If this is true it proves one thing, Bambino could sell them for significantly cheaper and still make a killing.
    Does it? How much is shipping (presumably sea freight) on that kind of quantity? What about warehouse rent + electricity, water etc? Running their website? Other operational costs? Making sure the staff the process and pack the orders actually make a wage that they can live off?

This is interesting, in that they are made out of the same exact materials that infant diapers are made from in China. If you look at the description, you see that the fluff pulp is made in the United States, by Weyerhaeuser. So the Bambinos are indeed partially made in the United States, while some Huggies are entirely made in Mexico, including the fluff pulp. I suppose Bambino could lower their price, if there is enough volume.

Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    Does it? How much is shipping (presumably sea freight) on that kind of quantity? What about warehouse rent + electricity, water etc? Running their website? Other operational costs? Making sure the staff the process and pack the orders actually make a wage that they can live off?
    I think the bigger question is why are those with all the money setting the bar so high for everyone else? I doubt Bambino and the likes would be in the bizz if weren't profitable. Wouldn't mind seeing their annual expense and turnover myself, but let's assume that's confidential information...

Quote Originally Posted by Note View Post
    I think the bigger question is why are those with all the money setting the bar so high for everyone else? I doubt Bambino and the likes would be in the bizz if weren't profitable. Wouldn't mind seeing their annual expense and turnover myself, but let's assume that's confidential information...
    The simple short answer is "the haves vs the have nots" its capitalism and that's what makes the US so great

Quote Originally Posted by pampers4U View Post
    its capitalism
    Which is exactly my point. It's great when you've got something to sell, not so great when you want something to buy. In any event, consumers set the market. Pay high prices, expect high prices. And I thought the trillions spent on defence is what makes the US so great, seems to be a popular topic...

I've surfed Alibaba before, and found pages advertising what appeared to be just about every ABDL diaper I'd ever seen. ABU was not spared. These links have been posted a few times.

As somebody with some experience having things manufactured in China, I'll can tell you that this is one reason why doing business with Chinese manufacturers is challenging. My company has several times has designs blatantly ripped off and sold directly. A lot of these Chinese manufacturers have no qualms about doing that, and going after them for it is extremely difficult. It's one of the reasons why, when it's possible to do so, we now go out of our way to factor designs into multiple non-functional pieces, source the manufacturing from multiple manufacturers, and then have the finished products assembled elsewhere. It still manages to be cheaper than manufacturing domestically, and so far, no theft.

All that said, given how willing many of these manufacturers seem to be to rip stuff off, I wouldn't be surprised if the diaper manufacturer linked in this thread just grabbed an "ABDL Diaper" image off the web and used it. Cheaper than taking a picture of one of their own creations, and these places are all about cheap!

Sorry Dan09 but dealing with Chinese manufacturers on Alibaba really doesn’t work that way.

I work in shipping/transport and can’t tell you the number of customers that have lost their shirt thinking they were getting a bargain in bits of junk bought in bulk only to open the shipping container door to sawdust and malformed rubbish that barely resembles what they “ordered”

I remember recently some nice person designed a diaper using the MyDiaper template with their own art, rejected the poor quality stuff they were presented with and then the rest was sold onto MyDiaper... pretty sure they lost a lot of money.

I also remember a well known Lightsaber maker in the US who is an expert in his field detailed, designed and specified the parts for his Graflex Saber run from China and surprise they were not up to scratch/misaligned.

I am convinced the only way to do business in China is to have an Agent preferably someone who is related to you that has factory and managerial access as well as manufacturing and product knowledge to watch out for your interest.