Overactive. Bladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

makena43

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was wondering if I really have an overactive bladder. I drank 3 glasses of water and I pee like 6 times in one hour. But maybe its because of vitiams. Is that an overactive bladder and should I be in diapers more?

Overactive bladder is happening nearly all the time except when really dehydrated and happens automatically, it voids with very little notices. Do you have similar symptoms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do notice when I need to pee. Sometimes I don't drink much. But when I drink alot of water and it cold I pee so many times that I feel I need diaper on.

It sounds like you might just have a low capacity bladder. (I don't mean by physical size as that's fairly rare, I mean your bladder sends off the alarm when there's not a lot in it) This might be something you can somewhat improve on with some mental effort? This is more common for people with nerve damage or birth defects related to the uriters.

Not trying to be alarmist here, but...have you ever been tested for diabetes?

How do you do the mental part? So with a small capacity bladder that is why when I drink coffee beer soda. And two cups of water plus vitamin. And change of temperature. That I pee too much to be so irrational. Sometimes if I am in the car and I need to pee bad I feel like I can't hold it for 20 mins and long. Which is worrisome.

Dan09 said:
Not trying to be alarmist here, but...have you ever been tested for diabetes?

I second this. Frequent urination is a symptom of diabetes . I know because it happened to my son. He was going pee like every 20 minutes or so. And they were full on pee sessions too. Not just trickles.

No i have not been tested

high urine production is how the body dumps excess sugar in the blood (one of the two types of diabetes)

Also remember that when it is cold your body will slow the flow of blood to the outer areas of the body therefore causing an increase of fluids in the core areas and the kidneys shift into high gear and try to reduce the excess through urine production.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

So going into the chill box and out and needing to pee is normal

Make a Doctors appointment ASAP and get checked out also request an urologist appointment for more detailed tests, peeing 6 times an hour is something you need to get checked by your doctor. Diapers may be in your future and are a great way to manage incontinence issues with out meds but you should discuss it with your urologist.

I choose diapers to manage my OAB instead of the meds my urologist recommended since the meds are not 100% effective.

I also have OAB and the med were both ineffective and with bad side effects. Diapers is the solution agreed with urologist and they are paid by the healthcare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over Active Bladder is nothing more than a general term urologists use, which means "something is going on with your bladder but we don't know what".

In this sense, yeah it sounds like OAB. Peeing 6 times in an hour is not normal. You really should follow up with a urologist to find out why though.

I seen him. I have prostate and burning pee. I takdrugs. But never found why I pee alot.

makena43 said:
I seen him. I have prostate and burning pee. I takdrugs. But never found why I pee alot.

Sounds like you're overdue for a follow up appointment then. And keep going back to your urologist until they do figure out what the reason is.

Yeah plus making I take my medical pills

Seems like it was the beer that was making me piss all in the last hour. I only piss 4 times and tjehey were space out alot. Hmmmm

Slomo said:
Over Active Bladder is nothing more than a general term urologists use, which means "something is going on with your bladder but we don't know what".

In this sense, yeah it sounds like OAB. Peeing 6 times in an hour is not normal. You really should follow up with a urologist to find out why though.

I agree Over active bladder was one thing and unstable was the other the urology team labled me with before finally deciding I had diabetic neuropathy. Either way I am incontinent and have to wear nappies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back