Just sold some nappies on gumtree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm fairly open about my perceived incontinence. Nothing much fazes me anymore. I have just had somebody pick up 4 full packs of nappies and I think he was embarrassed, wouldn't make eye contact and told me they were for his mother-in-law although the nappies were extra large and he was a large person. This has got me thinking, when I used to purchase nappies from a disability shop do you think it was obvious I was purchasing the nappies for myself because I acted really nervous, much like I thought this guy was. It was a dead giveaway and only emphasised it more that they were for him? Do you think you give some unconscious vibes when buying nappies?

I don't think you have anything to be embarrassed about being incontinent so I act fairly confident but if you didn't is it a dead give away they are for yourself? Have you got over the embarrassment or are you a nervous person?

Yes, it's obvious they are for us. Most cashiers are understand the embarasement though, and won't say anything or just agree and let it go.

Yes, at first I was also embarrased. Buy them enough times though, and that embarassement will fade away.

When I saw the title I was saying how in the hell did this person sell diapers to a tree? In the southern parts of the US they have Gum trees so I was like HUH?

xpluswearer said:
When I saw the title I was saying how in the hell did this person sell diapers to a tree? In the southern parts of the US they have Gum trees so I was like HUH?

Diaper trees. Their fruit is used to make diaper cakes.

I feel it’s much more obvious the diapers are for you if you have to give an explanation of who they are for. It’s not like you explain that the ice cream is for your kid if you buy a gallon of it. I always just play it cool and professional whether at a thrift store or buying from an individual.

xpluswearer said:

Gumtree is the UK version of Craigslist but I don’t think it’s as sketchy. Like it’s a well organised business with adverts on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im a bit of a serial gumtree buyer. I think i must of bought more than 50 packs of adult nappies from around a dozen sellers over about 6 years.
But, for whatever reason, I still get nervous and will always claim to be picking them up for a made up family member, no real idea why, just what i do.

I recently sold some diapers (Rearz) on Craigslist and met the guy in a parking lot. He said he was IC, but I'm not 100% convinced, nor do I care why he wanted the diapers. I had hoped for some conversation, but he was clearly uncomfortable and got out of there in record time.

But then I got a text thanking me for the great deal. We ended up chatting a bit via text and I learned a fair amount about him and his situation. Seems like a nice guy and I'd love to have lunch with him sometime. He doesn't live that close to where I work but maybe someday.

-RMS

I once tried selling two full cases of covideen wings diapers for $20. I had no takers for a month and ended up tossing them in the trash. Not surprised about that though, they weren't worth taking even if I paid someone to take them. Trash in = trash out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back