Pacifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
By curiousity what's a good website to buy an adult pacifier

LittleForBig has them in sale. Or if you want a trial one, you can order an AwwSoCute one from Amazon. There is also Pacifiers RUs fornthe best quality, though, a little pricey.

If you have the money. Pacifiers R Us
Just about all the pacifiers I have are from them. They are fairly expensive, but they last a long time. I clean mine a lot more than most people because mine are expensive.

I just search "adult pacifier" on EBay and always find Nuk 6 ones with the words "baby pants" on the nipple. Cheapest I've found there is $8.50 USD.

I visited https://adultpacifier.com, (sister site to pacifiersrus.com), and got a replica MAM, with the Orthodontic Silicone Teat 5. Now, the important thing to know is, the ones from where I went aren't moded baby pacis, but replicas, sized for adults. Everything's bigger, the button, the guard, the teat, although, next time, I'll try the long stem teat.) They're expensive, but trust me. I did years of research before buying mine, and I don't regret my decision. My paci, whose name is George, is awesome, and since you aren't ordering for a birthday, which is incredibly close to TOMKAT, you'll get yours faster than I did. Mommy Kate sent me a free hard paci case, because she forgot to tell people she'd be at TOMKAT, thereby scaring me a bit. Point being, if something goes wrong, she makes it right, not to mention, a free diaper comes with each order, if you choose.

although, next time, I'll try the long stem teat
Nope, I take it back. I like my short stem teat.

Last edited:
lilkayden said:
I really love JK baby's work. You can see what she has to offer at http://jaykaybaby.com/

I second Jaykay! I recently bought a custom PAW Patrol pacifier and pacifier clip and it's amazing. That definitely the place to go if you want a custom design. She even has good prices too ($5 for a regular mix 'N match or solid color adult pacifire). 😊

Dolphin said:
I second Jaykay! I recently bought a custom PAW Patrol pacifier and pacifier clip and it's amazing. That definitely the place to go if you want a custom design. She even has good prices too ($5 for a regular mix 'N match or solid color adult pacifier). 

That's where I'll get my clips from. The only reasons I didn't get several pacis from there, instead of my 1 from adultpacifier.com, were because I don't like the ones with rings, and I wanted something with excellent inflation and deflation. Tangential, but related question, how long are jaykaybaby's paci clips?

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I visited https://adultpacifier.com, (sister site to pacifiersrus.com), and got a replica MAM, with the Orthodontic Silicone Teat 5. Now, the important thing to know is, the ones from where I went aren't moded baby pacis, but replicas, sized for adults. Everything's bigger, the button, the guard, the teat, although, next time, I'll try the long stem teat.) They're expensive, but trust me. I did years of research before buying mine, and I don't regret my decision. My paci, whose name is George, is awesome, and since you aren't ordering for a birthday, which is incredibly close to TOMKAT, you'll get yours faster than I did. Mommy Kate sent me a free hard paci case, because she forgot to tell people she'd be at TOMKAT, thereby scaring me a bit. Point being, if something goes wrong, she makes it right, not to mention, a free diaper comes with each order, if you choose.

Nope, I take it back. I like my short stem teat.

I prefer long stem over Nuk 5. Keep in mind I use mine for autism. I have to have something to fiddle with in my mouth. Honestly I hope they make one a little longer. The one I have now is great, but I would like to slide it in just a little farther. Especially when its a really bad day and I am in a bathroom stall using the thing to try and calm down. If it was a little longer not by much because that would be uncomfortable, but long enough to feel it in the back of my mouth it would be something I could suck on when anxiety gets bad. I don't know how to explain it, but when there is something really noticeable in there... It makes me relax enough to think clearly again. When I had an emotional break down a week ago it helped to at least stop the pain. You know the pain you get in your head some where above the oral cavity. Tears are nothing, but the pain in my head and in the back of my moth just makes everything worse.
Sorry about the long and sad looking paragraph, but I feel like I needed to get that off my mind.

MatalicPebble said:
I prefer long stem over Nuk 5. Keep in mind I use mine for autism. I have to have something to fiddle with in my mouth. Honestly I hope they make one a little longer. The one I have now is great, but I would like to slide it in just a little farther. Especially when its a really bad day and I am in a bathroom stall using the thing to try and calm down. If it was a little longer not by much because that would be uncomfortable, but long enough to feel it in the back of my mouth it would be something I could suck on when anxiety gets bad. I don't know how to explain it, but when there is something really noticeable in there... It makes me relax enough to think clearly again. When I had an emotional break down a week ago it helped to at least stop the pain. You know the pain you get in your head some where above the oral cavity. Tears are nothing, but the pain in my head and in the back of my moth just makes everything worse.
Sorry about the long and sad looking paragraph, but I feel like I needed to get that off my mind.

I understand. I know, rather it's on paper or not, I'm a Spectrumite, too. I also have CP, so, finding my ASD is like, if Steven Hawking had been born with his ALS, trying to find a stutter. It maybe there, but no one can see it.

For me, this is my first ever paci, so, now that I'm used to it, this is what a paci is supposed to feel like. Also, CP gives me a sensitive gag reflex, so I'm kinda glad it's shorter. From an ASD perspective, I like the way the guard feels on my face, because, it's a bit of proprioceptive pressure.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:

how long are jaykaybaby's paci clips?

I would say around 16.25in, just the clip
photo_2017-10-05_10-01-15.jpg

15.25in when tied to a paci. With the paci the total length depends but for me it would be around 18.5in
photo_2017-10-05_10-01-20.jpg

I picked up a tommee tippee 18-36 paci at babies r us and its perfect fit

abdl36 said:
I picked up a tommee tippee 18-36 paci at babies r us and its perfect fit

Ha! I was going to say the same thing. I've gotten the larger pacis from Nuk and specialty sites. However, a few weeks ago I picked up the Tommy Tippee 18-36 paci from Target. They are perfect for my relatively small mouth. I think they were just under $5 a piece. I have recently been going through some very stressful times and so I'm using these at night and have fallen asleep with them in. Also appears to help with my minor snoring.

I have an ouchy problem with mine. Any help? Hope not to derail the thread.

I love everything about mine, except, it's compression molded, so it has a rough seam where the 2 halves of the teat meet, and it really does hurt.:frown: Any help there? I could swear I read someone mention fine sand paper, but I can't find it.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I could swear I read someone mention fine sand paper, but I can't find it.

Do you have a True Value Hardware store, Lowe's or Home Depot near you? They sell all types of sandpaper.

I gots no teeths no more so me am able to buy mine from the baby department in walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back