Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wet diaper

Default Wet diaper

I always fill up my diaper to the point of leaking. So I can save money. Should I be change it early or?

Quote Originally Posted by makena43 View Post
    I always fill up my diaper to the point of leaking. So I can save money. Should I be change it early or?
    Should you change it earlier? That's up to you. I just caution that sitting around in an overly wet one can cause irritation and maybe an infection.

I would warn against staying in a wet diaper for more than 4-5 hours, or at least use some baby powder to protect yourself. If you're not incontinent, I would suggest wearing diapers less often or staying in a dry one longer as better ways to save money. Especially make sure you always change after you poop, because sitting in poop is really harmful for your skin. What causes diaper rash is the way the chemicals in your pee are broken down when it mixes with poop. Pee alone is less harmful, but still not good to be sitting in.

Okay I will try that and for sure I change after #2 and clean with the shower with hot water and soap.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMozart View Post
    I would warn against staying in a wet diaper for more than 4-5 hours,
    dunno about you but I'm not getting up at 4am to change...

Yeah most of the nights I just use one diaper all night but sometimes two.

Usually I only wear to bed so that I stay in a wet one much longer than 4 hours. It really depends on how your skin is reacting and what diaper you are wearing.

I love my diaper to be wet, but not really to wet - you have to figure it out for yourself. I agree, that money tends to be very often a problem, but I think that you should look beyond money in this case. I would advise you to worry more about your comfort, than a few more bucks spend. I remember, that at the beginning I was wetting my diapers to best of possibility and picked those, who could absorb the most. I don't do so anymore as I rather focus on diaper, that gives me really big comfort. That's why I stick to hexa & co now only. Even if their absorbance isn't the best out of all the products that I have tested, they are extremely comfy for me and truthfully this is what's enough for me Of course I love my diaper to get wet, so it's not that I throw it away as soon as possible

I usually only change when I have to so am almost always in a wet nappy.

Quote Originally Posted by makena43 View Post
    Change early

Sent from my U673C using Tapatalk