Not open for further replies.

w0lfpack91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
I'm here on the side of the road right now Sitting on the hood Of my now non functioning car.

So I was on the highway running about 90-100 miles an hour (dont judge its kentucky we all do it) When I realized the Power had dropped out.

When under the hood arose such a clatter,
so i rolled down my window to see whats the matter
Away to the shoulder, i coasted my whip
Tore open the hood, and proped it real fast
The sun on the back of my freshly burnt neck
The flashlight gave light to the engine below
When what to my wondering eyes should appear
But a conecting rod end, peeking outside the block.

Yeah i think ill stop there lol

But yes blew it the hell up. My poor 1990 toyota celica. Fun little car, now its dead. Been debateing getting rid of it but its been my kryptonite. Its a money pit, Every time I decide to sell it I end up getting behind the wheel and changing my mind because it's so fun.
Well i dont have a choice any more. I say it's the best worst thing to ever happen Because while I'm gonna be sad to see this car go, It's very long overdue.

47cb0800c79b8a983f3d1220f2789f2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I did that to my '70, 340 Duster. I ended up rebuilding it, boring it .030 over.

So what was the mileage on your Toyota?

Over 300K and ill admit i was never particularly gentle with the car.

I know it's a Toyota and they generally run forever, but damn that's still impressive.

Now then, time to put her to pasture before she takes your money and leaves you stranded again, part deux

ProudPaddedBro said:
I know it's a Toyota and they generally run forever, but damn that's still impressive.

Now then, time to put her to pasture before she takes your money and leaves you stranded again, part deux
One last trip off to the scrap yard.
95e5f9738b997a7d9a921fd71ba8876c.jpg

I had to recently scrap my 2000 Dodge Neon when it just lost power and I coasted to the side of the road. It was a good car and it was close to 250k on the odometer. Part of the problem was I couldn't afford to keep it maintained and if I was able to, it would likely still be running. But I did put over 100k on the odometer.

But now the wife has a good job and with the help of a relative, I was able to get a 2003 Honda Odyssey. You can pull the second-row seats out and the thrid row folds and disappears into the floor, leaving it flat in the back. Now all we do is toss our memory foam matterss into the back and it's a camper van. lol That Honda minivan is also surprising quick and agile. With proper care, I should be able to put 150k miles on it.

While I'll miss my Neon, I now have a new vehicle to have adventures in. I hope you will be as fortunate.

I just hit 100k miles on my Honda today driving home from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back