Are nappies okay in cold cellar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have nowhere to store my nappies apart from my bedroom and I don't want 3 cases I get every month taking up room in my bedroom. Do you think they will be okay in the caller which is cold and slightly damp and musky? They are kept in their cardboard box and packaging and the longest they'll be down there is one month until I've used them all and my new stock replaces them?

Cold is fine but damp is not great.

If it was me I would be putting the packs in garbage bags with those satches of silica crystals and then making the bags airtight before taking them down.

We don't have mold down there and the clothes stored down there are not damp, it's just musky and smells a little damp. Do you think I should move them?

bobbilly said:
We don't have mold down there and the clothes stored down there are not damp, it's just musky and smells a little damp. Do you think I should move them?

Nope but I would still be putting the bags in airtight garbage bags at the least just to be 100% sure.

I'm going to move them to my room. Thank you.

I keep my nappies stacked in my bedroom and my office

For up to just one month of storage, they should be fine enough in a musty and cooler environment.

Obviously not good for long term though.

Get some of those plastic tubs with a lid and store them under your bed.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Under my bed is all full of nappies, plus my xl travel trunk. Don't have no room in my room unless I want them on display.

Sterilite Containers are your friend. That's what I tend to keep mine in.

Space saving vacuum bags are good for long term. You can put your nappies in, seal the bag and vacuum out the air so they'll be airtight and mostly waterproof.

https://tinyurl.com/y6vok3tu

Justo said:
Space saving vacuum bags are good for long term. You can put your nappies in, seal the bag and vacuum out the air so they'll be airtight and mostly waterproof.

Diapers are already pretty well compressed down in their product bags. I don't think you're going to get anything more out of them with a vacuum sealer.

I was thinking to store them longer as there's no or moisture to ruin them.

Justo said:
I was thinking to store them longer as there's no or moisture to ruin them.

Nope. The OP already said he was storing them in a musky environment which smells slightly damp (ie, a typical unfinished basements), and for about one month before replacing them with a new order.

Though yes, storing them for longer periods like that would be a bad thing. One month though, nowhere near long enough to impact their performance.

MarcusP said:
"Are nappies okay is cold caller"

Really? Do I even need to explain how bad your grammar is? Jesus, did you even graduate from kindergarten? I don't even want to reply in a meaningful way, I just want to chastise you for VERY poor grammar.

Language is for communication. I only had mild trouble understanding the original poster. Grammar exists to allow complex things to be communicated concisely and unambiguously. In this case it was simple and clear. Politeness, on the other hand...

ShortGuy said:
Get some of those plastic tubs with a lid and store them under your bed.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
I use the black and grey plastic tubs with snap on covers but each one is like 20 gallons. I have two stacked against my bedroom wall. Very conspicuous but hiding in broad daylight. I use the cover as a table holding my purse, sundries, knitting projects etc... No one goes in my room. [emoji2]

Sent from my U673C using Tapatalk

On the grammar issue I say we don't know who has English as a Second language...

extremecomfy said:
On the grammar issue I say we don't know who has English as a Second language...

Pro tip. When a word is misspelled a red line will pop up under that word.

Slomo said:
Pro tip. When a word is misspelled a red line will pop up under that word.

I have a learning disability so when I don't concentrate or am using my phone I can misspell words and my spell checker changes words to other words and if I overlook it it can be confusing to the reader. I don't intentionally spell wrong but I do struggle with spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back