If you are incontinent are you always going to have a scent in your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My bedroom is primarily the room I do most of my changes. I always dispose of nappies promptly and keep on top of loundry, bed etc. If you wear 24/7 just for wettings are you going to have a scent in your room? I don't know if I'm paranid but I think my room smells, not like pee or anything but something more clinical like a old persons home or something, it's more noticeable when I've been out for the day and I return. How can I keep the scent down?

bobbilly said:
My bedroom is primarily the room I do most of my changes. I always dispose of nappies promptly and keep on top of loundry, bed etc. If you wear 24/7 just for wettings are you going to have a scent in your room? I don't know if I'm paranid but I think my room smells, not like pee or anything but something more clinical like a old persons home or something, it's more noticeable when I've been out for the day and I return. How can I keep the scent down?

I think it is inevitable to some degree. I use febreeze air fresheners and keep the window open it does help.

Yeah I keep the window open too. To be honest I never really notice the smell myself but my wife says it’s there and that it doesn’t smell bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprinkle some pepper mint oil or some other essential oil around your room.

Sigh...
I admit that my bedroom at home smells of pee-pee.
Been incontinent since 1987.

Fixing your smell issue!!!!

I have your fix!!!!
1. Buy two large boxes of baking soda. (2lbs)
2. Get one med shipping box from post office
3. Pour both into that box
4. Lay flat and shake lightly to even it out.
5. Punch holes in the top and slip under the bed.

After a few hours to a couple days you'll notice it start to go away.

Mix with carpet fresh to get a more fragrant smell.

Edit: swap out every 30 days.

Last edited:
This has been occasionally a problem for me as well, I read a tip to put some cat litter in my diaper can, and since I happen to have a cat(his name is Saba, hehe) I did it and it cut down on a lot of smell.

If you do not sit in used diaper too long, and you keep the windows open, or just let fresh air into your room, this isn't a very serious problem.

Yes.

I keep a scented candle in my room.

our house has now smell of diapers here... in my room you may get the occasional sent of a messy diaper in the diaper pail. we used lysol as we have too many people over during the week. I will wash wet bedding the same day it happens in respect for my wife

I think over time if some one is incontinent it is inevitable there will be some odor. My wife used to mention it but I have noticed she never mentions it now. She used to tell me if I smelled of pee but never does now. I guess after a while you don't notice the smell

No, adding scents or keeping a window open is not necessary.

I am totally urinary incontinent, and keep a good diaper pail in my bedroom closet. The pail prevents any bad smells from building up. And as long as you drink enough water, a wet diaper will not have much any smell to it to begin with.

In a similar vein, what is good for removing urine odors from your laundry? I use boxers as a diaper cover and sometimes they get soaked overnight--I have sub-par diapers right now but I do sleep on a pad that I have to both wash and hit with the Febreeze fabric spray.

It would be nice to just be able to wash my laundry and have it come out clean-smelling instead of like pee. This is more a problem with the towels that get washed with the pads since I usually rinse my clothes out in the shower but I'd feel comfortable if my clothes got a good defunking...

PaddedDeist said:
In a similar vein, what is good for removing urine odors from your laundry? I use boxers as a diaper cover and sometimes they get soaked overnight--I have sub-par diapers right now but I do sleep on a pad that I have to both wash and hit with the Febreeze fabric spray.

It would be nice to just be able to wash my laundry and have it come out clean-smelling instead of like pee. This is more a problem with the towels that get washed with the pads since I usually rinse my clothes out in the shower but I'd feel comfortable if my clothes got a good defunking...

The best way to get out urine stains is to use a diaper that wont leak in the first place. If you are getting leaks, and especially if they are really bad, then that's a clear sign you need better diapers.

After the fact though, dreft detergent is great for getting out pee stains. I use it for my cloth diapers with good results.

I keep an exhaust fan in my window in the bedroom. As a bedwetter, thats the room where most of my accidents happen and also the place where I put on/take off my diapers. The exhaust fan works pretty well.

Well, this is how it works - you don't feel this smell personally and nor does people that live with you after some time, but outsiders will feel the stench right away and it won't be pleasant to them. So, every time I host somebody in my house I make sure to ventilate the house accordingly before they come, I also use all kind of fresheners etc - but, I'm not really sure how much they help anyway. So, I guess it's inevitable to some point, depends on how much are in home - for example if you work at home, even if you ventilate your home all the time, you wont' get rid out of it, but for example when you are going to work and ventilate it for the time that you are gone it will definitely help fight the smell.

The best way to tell if your room smells or not is to go outside for a few minutes. Exhale, then walk inside while slowly breathing in through your nose. Continue to slowly breathe in as you walk into your bedroom. You will be able to pick up the slight changes in smell this way.

Seriously though, as long as you're staying well hydrated, and using a good diaper pail, there is no reason why your room will smell bad.

My diaper pail is emptied fast my my sister or parents.

I burn incense in my room because I love the smells, this has the added benefit of hiding any odor that may come from my diapers, and it can be very relaxing and calming, you might want to look into it if you're worried about smells. the same effect can be accomplished from candles as well.

As I mentioned before, my bedroom at home does smell of pee-pee.
I am used to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back