Depends

Status
Not open for further replies.

BracedDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ok, I know they're not the best but they're cheap, I do normally get proper premium white Bianco ones but the first pack i got was depends.

I looked on their website but looks like no plastic back? The description says 'white soft cloth-like outer cover'. That doesn't seem like plastic back or is it just a softer plastic backing?

I live in Australia so they might not have bought out the original plastic ones yet.

Here in the UK Depends are totally different from the US variety, and much much better quite a decent product infact, despite the fact they are clothbacked they don't tend to stretch the way other clothbacked nappies do, the absorbency it fairly decent also.

Justo said:
Ok, I know they're not the best but they're cheap, I do normally get proper premium white Bianco ones but the first pack i got was depends.

I looked on their website but looks like no plastic back? The description says 'white soft cloth-like outer cover'. That doesn't seem like plastic back or is it just a softer plastic backing?

I live in Australia so they might not have bought out the original plastic ones yet.

Actually they are NOT cheap. Once you add up all the changes requied for a full day, they qyite iftwn end up having a total daily price that's greater than most premium diapers.

Depends is not very effective either. Forget how little time they last, or how often they leak. Depends can't even be used for overnight, unless you prefer waking up in a puddle of urine.

Woah easy Slomo!
I'm not incontinent nor am I planning to rely on them or flood them just maybe get a pack if they had plastic back 'for old time sake', see what they're like.I k

Justo said:
Woah easy Slomo!
I'm not incontinent nor am I planning to rely on them or flood them just maybe get a pack if they had plastic back 'for old time sake', see what they're like.I k

True, for not planning to fully use them, cheaply made diapers can work for intermittent use.

Kind of a moot point right now though, since depends no longer makes a plastic backed diaper. What they do have is even worse though, and don't function for anything more than the lightest of incontinence problems. I have heard rumors they are planning to bring plastic diapers back though, so who knows....

In the US they stopped making the plastic backed diapers for s period of time but brought them back earlier this year. They are relatively unchanged from the previous plastic backed version. Still about the same absorbency.

They aren't enough to contain my overnight bladder buildup or my morning to noon bladder where I pee more often and with greater volume. But they can somewhat work for a few hours in the afternoon and also I can get by with one from evening until I go to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I think they decided that there were two distinct markets. The underwear which is as undewear-like cloth-like as they can get (Silhouettes, RealFit, Active Fit, Night Defense), which appearance and comfort are important, and the MAX ABSORBENCY where function dictates other marketing issues.

Depend are plastic backed again. I've seen them back on the shelves, replacing the old "new" cloth like product, for a couple of months now.

Yes they are plastic again. And I must say that they are kinda fun to have in the arsenal. Don't use them much, but good now and then.

The clothlike Depend Maximum Protection were a disaster, and yes they have returned to plastic backed.. unfortunately they are a bit pricier now $17/20pcs instead of $12/20pcs. In my experience Depend Max Protection are the bottom rung of 'usable' diapers, slightly less capacity that Tranquility ATNs, but it is all usable capacity (Tranquility ATNs do not wick out so they may get saturated and crumbly and eventually leak in the crotch, but remain completely dry every where else). When they were $12/20pcs i could double them up and get great results at $1.20 a change.. but $1.70 a change starts getting into premium diaper prices.

Still good to have them out there as there are no other plastic backed diapers readily available to my knowledge.

Justo said:

Definitely not plastic backed.

Sent from my U673C using Tapatalk

Slomo said:
Actually they are NOT cheap. Once you add up all the changes requied for a full day, they qyite iftwn end up having a total daily price that's greater than most premium diapers.

Depends is not very effective either. Forget how little time they last, or how often they leak. Depends can't even be used for overnight, unless you prefer waking up in a puddle of urine.
I totally agree Depends suck! I'd prefer no diapers at all than Depends. I T HAS TO HOLD A HUGE WETTING because I Drink water all day long.

Sent from my U673C using Tapatalk

Depends have always been my emergency go to. Cheap and accessible, they don't hold the most, but most of the time they do the job. I've had bowel accidents and in over 10trs only had one leak(although I do tend to change asap). I liked how they changed to cloth back(too bad they sucked bad) but with how often I buy them(once or twice a year) the plastic back doesn't really matter. One great thing they are frequently on sale and depends will send you coupons.

Like Tena, other countries have different styles of diapers
Im pretty sure the US/Canada Depends are made in Mexico. I have heard the plastic backed Depend is still available there.
Depends in Australia are made in Asia. I have tried them and while they are not amazing, they acually hold up quite well. And if buying from Independence Australia they have i think 3 absorbency to choose from

It isn't the case of "still" it is "again." About a year or go the they rebranded the "Fitted Maximum Protection" which were cloth based to "Protection with Tabs" which are plastic.
The real issue is a lot of the mass market places (CVS, Walmart, etc...) don't stock them, but just the various "underwear" style (FitRight, Silhouette, etc...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back