Diaper comfort when unwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggles

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Wondering how many of you find diapers to be so comforting when unwell. I have a bad case of flu and currently laying on my couch with a blanket and wearing a little paws with boosters and a magnifico over that with a pair of lined plastic pants and a onesie and It makes me feel so much more comfortable However walking is akward with so much padding but I'm happy here at peace riding out the flu. Do you guys find this?
🤢

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well of course they are comforting. And nope, I don't walk normally only if I'm not padded.

I did that Thursday, Friday AM, meant I didn't have to get up to go pee, and it was comforting to. I have the Bambino white ones which are one of the best since they are a velcro resealable, plastic back and thick and can be taken off for number two's or if not used.

I find diapers comforting, too - when I'm well. If I am really feeling sick, I just don't feel like wearing.

For me it was one of first signs of IC. I had some leaks while sick so took the opportunity to wear when I was sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BabyDenise said:
I find diapers comforting, too - when I'm well. If I am really feeling sick, I just don't feel like wearing.

Comfort isn't my primary diaper motivation but I agree, it's much less appealing when sick. As I've gone 24/7 for longer periods, I've had colds several times while wearing. I've been tempted to stop but it gets easier to tough it out with practice. At this point, at least for a garden variety cold, I can continue but it's less fun. One of the big clues that I'm getting better is enjoying my diapers more. I still can't imagine wanting to start wearing when sick but it's less likely I'll need to stop if I am already wearing.

Diapers do a good job of letting you just stay in bed all day. And if you have the flu it can also help you avoid needing to change your shorts or sheets. ;) I've gotten up for a food run / diaper change on a sick day and gotten a surprise a few times. "well... wasn't really expecting that... glad I was diapered!" When you've got the flu, that whole "whether or not to trust that fart" becomes a serious and frequently occurring issue. And when you're sick, that's just something you really don't want to have to deal with.

I was sick one day. Felt very bad and laid down in bed. Woke up & had to quickly find a trash can to use and thankfully the diaper held #2 happening at the same time. No one here to care for me but me. I felt so bad I laid back in bed without changing and slept a while before I found enough energy to get to the bathroom and clean up in the shower. It was a horrible bad day but I was so thankful for the protection and hope I don't have to do that again.

toejamer said:
had to quickly find a trash can to use and thankfully the diaper held #2 happening at the same time.

I just don't know how those weirdos wearing regular underwear cope, I mean really, why risk it? ;)

diapers are like a wearable security blanket to me

More from an AB point of view here, when I'm feeling unwell, all I want to do is pad up, it doesn't help that when I'm ill I feel incredibly little anyway (case in point, the eye infection I have rn) and when I feel little I want to pad up, it helps me feel calmer and like everything is going to be ok. And there is so much convenience to padding up when you're incredibly sick, chest infection or flu style sick, it also stops accidents in the bed because when you're that sick you can't make it to the bathroom sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back